Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Over 1000 metres altitude? How do?

Reaction score
hello, the Thyphoon software pro h altitude that allows a maximum of 1000 meters and a distance of 2500.
Is there a way to override these limits? I replaced the antennas and I have a perfect signal even over 1000 meters in altitude, but like to try? The drone comes to 1000 meters and does not allow me to get over ...!
thank you!
Andrew

Why would you want to, stick to the rules before all drones /copter get banned, your into aircraft territory at that height.

However if you are on about flying at a starting point of 1000m, you will probably need different props to give additional lift due to thinner air

Reactions: Brian R
... if you are on about flying at a starting point of 1000m, you will probably need different props to give additional lift due to thinner air

My home base (Sisters, Oregon, USA) is ~975 meters. No performance problems at all with stock props (of course, with the temperatures around here lately the air's so thick you can cut it with a knife...).

to the take-off point. In ST16 ground station altitude reaches 1,000 meters and can not rise above. In the gui for the tyhpoon parameter pc you can be edited with values ranging from 1 to 1000. And if I wanted to push the tyhpoon over 1000 meters as you do?

If you want to exceed the limits in the PC GUI, to allow flight beyond 1000m above takeoff point, you will need to contact Yuneec.

What people are trying to tell you is that flying above 120m in many countries is illegal and can result in fines or even prison. Even licensed pilots are required to fly 'line of sight' - that is, they can see what the drone is doing. Flying above 1000m is probably beyond line of sight.

In addition - a lot of governments are looking at restricting or banning drones, due to fears of accidents and reports of drones hitting aircraft. If you fly above 120m you are in commercial air space and you could be giving the authorities another reason to ban drones.

There are occasionally reasons why you may have good reason to fly beyond the normal limits of your drone. However, unless you are a professional, with an appropriate license you are likely to cause damage to the reputation of drone pilots. You may also harm, injure or kill people if you are not in full control of your drone. Please fly safely.

Finally - in purely practical terms, high altitude flights are difficult due to battery limitations. Drones actually come down a LOT slower than they go up. This means that it is easy to run out of batteries when you are descending from high altitude flights. A drone without a battery is lethal.

in my case I have this need to photograph a large area of land (about 80 hectares) in the sierra of Peru where I carry out supervision in a mine area to found some features. There are no laws in this regard and in any case it is a very wide area private use of the company. Later definitely buy a drone Falcon Airbornedrone perhaps more suitable for this purpose but for now we use the Thyphoon with excellent results. I'll try to contact Yuneec thanks

in my case I have this need to photograph a large area of land (about 80 hectares) in the sierra of Peru where I carry out supervision in a mine area to found some features. There are no laws in this regard and in any case it is a very wide area private use of the company. Later definitely buy a drone Falcon Airbornedrone perhaps more suitable for this purpose but for now we use the Thyphoon with excellent results. I'll try to contact Yuneec thanks

The solution to photographing a large area of land is to use a tool to stitch together photos taken at a lower altitude. You fly over the whole area taking a large number of photos (using the timelapse function on the Typhoon), then use software like Pix4D (there is a free trial) to join the photos together. Using a tool like this will get you a more accurate and more detailed photo than taking one from a high altitude.

difficult because the area has mountains up to 1000 meters. Probably we will buy a falcon airborne or dji phantom 4 where there is not this limit. I do not understand why typhoon creates all these problems senseless

difficult because the area has mountains up to 1000 meters. Probably we will buy a falcon airborne or dji phantom 4 where there is not this limit. I do not understand why typhoon creates all these problems senseless

The trick is to start flying at higher altitude - within 80 hectares, you should be able to find a start point that gives you good visibility and reasonable altitude. You can fly below your start off point with no problem, and have better line of sight and signal than if you start at low altitude. Stitching software will also give you 3D terrain maps which should be useful.

The reason Yuneec has these restrictions is that they are trying to avoid giving the governments reasons to ban drones. DJI and Yuneec both enforce no fly zones and encourage pilots to fly within safe limits.

400 Foot, obey the rules so the rest of us can continue to fly.

With respect:
The FAA's 400-foot limitation is AGL (you'd know this if you'd read the info you should've read to register your UAS. You have registered your UAS, right?).
The 400-foot limitation programmed into the controller is from the take-off point.
Most of my take-off points are in the 950- to 1,000-meter range.

And — for those in the U.S. who need to fly outside that range — if you're a part 107 remote pilot it's possible to get a waiver to do so. Then it's just a matter of getting Yuneec to update your firmware.

It is not senseless, different people told you that it is not allowed to fly highter then 120m.
Are you shure that in Peru there is no height limit ?
Even if you own the land, You do not own the air above it, because that is regulated by a governement department, like the FAA in the US.
Every country has such a department.

With respect:
The FAA's 400-foot limitation is AGL (you'd know this if you'd read the info you should've read to register your UAS. You have registered your UAS, right?).
The 400-foot limitation programmed into the controller is from the take-off point.
Most of my take-off points are in the 950- to 1,000-meter range.

And — for those in the U.S. who need to fly outside that range — if you're a part 107 remote pilot it's possible to get a waiver to do so. Then it's just a matter of getting Yuneec to update your firmware.

In my country a drone pilot with commercial license can only fly to 91m height. A drone pilot with a recreational license can only fly to 45m height.

I would have thought maintaining LOS at 1000m AGL would be a challenge. If you then loose the video feed to the ST16 I would guess you would have some challenges with the recovery!

That said if you are still doing this, what does a calculation of climb and descent rates give you in terms of "on station" battery life?

I live at 1500 meters and have no problem flying the H or Phantoms. The H maybe a little sluggish in turns but that may just be the nature of the beast. My normal height above the ground is under 75 meters.

No Disrespect...... but flying that high AGL is a violation of part 107 unless you have a waiver, and if your doing this for a client..... this is governed as such and if you registered your H or whatever for commercial you agreed to follow these rules..... that altitude is also very close to and maybe out of line of sight. putting this question out in this or any site..... is putting you and others in question that we cant follow the rules.

We all want to be above 400'AGL but that is what started this whole mess..... and now we are all restricted. because of the actions of a few.....

No Disrespect...... but flying that high AGL is a violation of part 107 unless you have a waiver, and if your doing this for a client..... this is governed as such and if you registered your H or whatever for commercial you agreed to follow these rules..... that altitude is also very close to and maybe out of line of sight. putting this question out in this or any site..... is putting you and others in question that we cant follow the rules.

We all want to be above 400'AGL but that is what started this whole mess..... and now we are all restricted. because of the actions of a few.....
You read my post wrong I do not fly over 200 feet up. I live at 5000 feet. My comments were that you do not need any special props when flying at 5000 feet above sea level.

Ok....... My mistake..... I must of missed the 5000ft living post....... Like i said no disrespect...... we all want the same here.... looking out for each other for the good of the industry....

My apologizes

Reactions: Willyib
Flying Eagle
No offence taken. We all want the same thing. I live by a large open space where a lot of homeless camp illegally. I fly the drones for the local police since the drones can cover more ground then people on the ground can. Recently I have been flying over a dyke construction site with permission, so my neighbors can see what is being done. This way no one is bothering the workers. In Colorado we had the flood in 2013 and much of the infrastructure is just now getting repaired.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22