Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Passed

How long did you study the materials
Bought the online course about a week and a half ago. I watched videos and read the material off and on for a week. Probably a total of 8 hours of study time. After taking the 3rd practice exam and getting 96-98 on all of them, I went to the airport where the testing center is and signed up to take the exam today. Haven't studied anything since Friday. Walked in this morning and went right into the test. I am not a good test taker. I seriously owe a big thanks to that online ground school. I did a lot of YouTube video watching, learning airspace and weather, but that course really pulled it all together for me.

Thank you. I have some free time in April. I’m going for it then.
I'm a tight wad, so spending $150 on a test that I might fail and have to spend another $150 on to take again, made me get bubble guts. Haha. It's definitely worth it to get an online ground course. This is the one that they sell at the airport by my house, so I got that one. Happened to be a good purchase.

I suspect there will be a lot of changes in the upcoming year that will require new test material development. You can download numerous aviation instruction books free from the FAA website with considerably more reference material.

At the very least Night Operations. I’m wondering how they’ll handle it for existing pilots.....additional exam? One time training update? Recurrent testing looks like it’s going away in lieu of a training update.

At the very least Night Operations. I’m wondering how they’ll handle it for existing pilots.....additional exam? One time training update? Recurrent testing looks like it’s going away in lieu of a training update.
Do you think that the night time proposal is going to pass?

While taking my test , I realized a minor problem with the reference material .
Feeling the pressure of the time constraints , I hesitated to stop and speak to the business owner .
Feeling baffled by the minute , I continued to exhaust my tenacity
I had to stop and call a time out .
I spoke to the business owner about my issue and he took a look at my reference material . With a worried look on his
face , he grabbed the book off of the desk , hurried from the room and rushed back in with the correct book and an apology .
Some how I found the ability to ignore my hot headed nature , focus and pass .

Reactions: Phaedrus
The reference book I was given was the exact same book that came with my study materials, which was nice as I was already familiar with it.

Reactions: TurboDad81
The first thing I did before I hit start, was read what was on the screen. I saw the reference material book number and compared it to the actual book before I started.

Do you think that the night time proposal is going to pass?

In one form or another. FAA is getting weary of doing waivers. Moving towards fewer waivers by tweaking the rules is part of their normal way of business. But, given how this process goes it is going to be some time away, like maybe 18 to 24 months (optimistically) before it is all said and done.

Reactions: TurboDad81
The first thing I did before I hit start, was read what was on the screen. I saw the reference material book number and compared it to the actual book before I started.

The proctor sat down with me and walked me through the first few screens....verifying my information, explaining materials and how to operate the exam. He left me with the first question on the screen.

The proctor sat down with me and walked me through the first few screens....verifying my information, explaining materials and how to operate the exam. He left me with the first question on the screen.
Ha! Not mine. They entered my info and credit card then said verify that. Then said if it gets noisy, there's the earplugs.

Ha! Not mine. They entered my info and credit card then said verify that. Then said if it gets noisy, there's the earplugs.

Wow, mine was very different. It was absolutely quiet. One other guy was working an exam, ATP I think. The proctor and I leaned in close and whispered to each other. There were signs on the door and the walls to please be quiet, and if you had a question just raise your hand and he’d come over to you.

One thing I really appreciated: They let me bring in my magnifying glass. Even with my readers, some of the stuff on the sectionals is really hard to make out, especially in densely populated areas.

Yeah, not here. This place was directly next to the runway. And the lady in the next room over brought her young and playful German Shepherd to work with her. Prop planes, a couple of leer jets, and a barking dog for all of the 40 minutes that I was testing. I learned to tune things out when I got married.

Reactions: Jal7884
Did your proctor go over the questions you missed? Mine did. He was a pilot and flight instructor, and covered them thoroughly so I completely understood.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49