Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Pilot Apps

Reaction score
Just curious what type of all-in-one apps are you folks using? No fly zones, weather, wind..along with any other content which helps?

I like Windy for weather. It allows you to read METARS in code or plain English.

For clearances and flight area information I use AirMap or Kittyhawk to obtain LAANC clearances and I download sectional charts from the FAA. They are harder to read in pdf form, but they are free.

Reactions: davemh
I just use Windy.com, I don’t spend time on boats anymore so the free one is all I need.

I used to sail a 19 foot Lightning on lakes in Michigan including Lake Huron. Also enjoyed sailing a friend’s HobieCat.

I used to sail a 19 foot Lightning on lakes in Michigan including Lake Huron. Also enjoyed sailing a friend’s HobieCat.

Is it possible to download weather apps onto st16? I’m still getting used to the st16 and it’s capabilities. I’m having issues loading google accounts and emails onto it

The version of Android on the ST16 is hobbled by Yuneec. It is not intended to be used as a tablet. Google Play and email don’t work and Google Maps can’t be updated. All of those things run better on smart phones than they do on the older version of Android that is on the ST16.

Even dyed in the wool DJI users usually dedicate the phone/tablet they fly with, to just being for that purpose. They don’t want things interrupting it while it is used to control the aircraft.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Nice. I have an old 20’ Balboa.
So I’m checking out both of those Windy apps. You’re right, the Windy.com is definitely all I need. The other one is not worth spending the $60 a year for all the bells and whistles! So, I’m going to delete it after the free 7 day trial is over.

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ok9studio