Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

pop rivets

Reaction score
Does anyone have a handle on where I could get some of the plastic pop rivets used to attach the legs and arms to the plastic bits of the TYH? There is quite a bit out there but most of it tends to be a bit too large to of any use. Generally when the arms or legs break it is simply a broken 12mm carbon fiber tube. These are simple to replace without having to buy all the plastic bits and bobs attached to them.

I managed to destroy every component that you speak of in my first few flights. In repairing them, I just used small aluminum rivets. Had to slightly resize holes, but in the end, it did not affect any flight or radio processes. On a side note, I'm sure that we can agree that the Gimbal shock mount system isn't the greatest. Even a slightly hard landing would jar the rubber absorbers from their seats. And Yuneec only "Pinned" 2 opposite corners with plastic pins and washers. Again, a slightly harder landing would scatter those and send the plastic lock rings deep into the turf, never to be seen again. I replaced them with aluminum cotter pins and washers ON ALL 4 corners. Issue solved! (Not to mention, that since then, I have managed to make lighter landings.)

Your replacement pins are inert enough to pass vibrations to gimbal? Please post what you used. That'd be much appreciated.

Reactions: Murray Martz
I would be interested to see what kind of cotterpin you mean. I have no problem with the fact that the pins Yuneec used break. I see this as a sacrafical item protecting the camera from damage. So fixsating the b
Mount with someting unbreakable is not the route I would wish to go down. What I would prefer to see is Yuneec offering a bag of 10 clips & rings for around $10. Another step I have taken is to connect the top and bottom mount plate to each other with an elastic tether to avoid the wire harness from being torn out.

When you put the cotter pins in, you have the Gimbal weight hanging on the absorbers, and bend the tangs just below the lower cradle. This allows for the absorbers to do their job, and actually (The pins) "free-float" through the center of the absorbers. That way there is no vibrations transferred. But as B Scott puts it, I agree that the 10 pack of replacement pins from Yuneec would be a good thing. My make up is the same as Yuneec's, just more permanent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dubiousflyer