Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

pre flight checklist

Reaction score
I was curious what everyone else does for this? other than the making sure your propellers are on and the battery is charged. anyone have any info for me?

Reactions: Photo
I was curious what everyone else does for this? other than the making sure your propellers are on and the battery is charged. anyone have any info for me?
compass calibation , check camera gimbal to make sure it’s secured . check props for damange . and generally check the aircraft over to make sure everything looks ok and the arms click in to place properly.

and enough gps satellites

I use this. I found the basics on a post several months back and have fine tuned it for my particular situation. For instance, the section that says Charge Radio is because I carry an ICOM aircraft radio to my flights to monitor aircraft in the area. You may not need that. I only have three batteries. I can provide a Word .doc file if you like.

Attachments

• UAS FLIGHT CHECK.pdf
    30.6 KB · Views: 41
Funny you should say that - i just made a fairly comprehensive one, ready to be printed out on to A5 cards and laminated in case you want to bring to the field... they are that size so they fit in the mesh side pocket of the H Pro case. With those and my laminated warning light codes card I feel like I can't forget anything :)

Here's my PDF if that's any help...

Oh, and I should mention there are a couple of extra steps that only apply if you are using a mountable tracker on your drone so you can find it if it goes down...

Attachments

• Flight Checks v1.0.pdf
    23.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Reactions: otsog and Ol'Fart
Different pilots will have different views on what makes a good pre-flight checklist. You could be anal about it and make a pretty exhaustive checklist and still have issues because you've left something out, or you could be casual about it keeping it to a minimum (does the aircraft look reasonably OK...more or less in one piece?) and never have a problem.

To me, a checklist should be seen as a dynamic document which should be reviewed periodically or whenever an issue is encountered, and should be bespoke to a particular aircraft: What is good for the H480 may not be so good for a Phantom and visa-versa. Further, a Pre-Embarkment checklist, something that I've not seen much about in this forum, may be a good idea too. What could be worse for a flight if you've forgotten to pack your blades or batteries?

Jermiha... never forget the importance of idling on the ground for 14min if you haven't been in the air for4-5 Days just to update the GPS almanack as well as doing compass calibration if you have moved the H more than 10km east-west or vice versa. Very important.

Alright... it was funny when I wrote it [reply]. Guess I should have quoted your exact line:

"Check out the checklist created by an H pilot and far more useful than any Yuneec pilot."

:D:p:rolleyes:

Yep, that went right over my head!!!! It is/was FUNNY.

P.S. I corrected the post.

I personally check camera for hairline fractures, check to make sure it is calibrated properly, i use the same method on the upper and lower shell, then once the aircraft has been approved by me. I will idle the motors, checking for abnormal sounds and or wobbling (can indicate many things) i go through smart mode, angle mode and RTH mode. To make sure A, the drone recognizes the change by changing its LED to acknowledge your request, B, to ensure proper flight features appear on the ST16, as well as the gui acknowledged my request. Also. One thing is when in RTH mode. The light should strobe red, and with the motors still idling, they should then promptly stop. Making sure all that is in order, i clear a 5^2m area from the drone to ensure a safe take off and landing for the drone, me, and any bystanders. I might be more intensive. But ive never had a major issue on my end [emoji6] i came up with my Pre Flight checklist on my own. I do an inflight and a post flight checklist upto and including UAV flight recording.

I personally check camera for hairline fractures, check to make sure it is calibrated properly, i use the same method on the upper and lower shell, then once the aircraft has been approved by me. I will idle the motors, checking for abnormal sounds and or wobbling (can indicate many things) i go through smart mode, angle mode and RTH mode. To make sure A, the drone recognizes the change by changing its LED to acknowledge your request, B, to ensure proper flight features appear on the ST16, as well as the gui acknowledged my request. Also. One thing is when in RTH mode. The light should strobe red, and with the motors still idling, they should then promptly stop. Making sure all that is in order, i clear a 5^2m area from the drone to ensure a safe take off and landing for the drone, me, and any bystanders. I might be more intensive. But ive never had a major issue on my end [emoji6] i came up with my Pre Flight checklist on my own. I do an inflight and a post flight checklist upto and including UAV flight recording.
Pretty thorough and, to be honest, a little bit more than I would normally do (but not much). However I do a post flight checklist too and have a notebook in the field for recording log book notes for later transcribing into my proper spreadsheet logbook when I get home.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig