Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problem to work with wizard only

Reaction score
Hi
Today tried to use only wizard with H.
Some issues:
1.By pressing camera tilt up/down - gear up/down function can not work
2. It looks like OVS ON/OF cant not work
I use last (September) H firmware.
Any suggestion?

May be I nee to upgrade Wizard Firmware? And if can, how to do this?

10X

M. Sh
The wizard buttons can be difficult.
Some buttons you have to press and HOLD. Most of the time it just takes a quick tap on the button. If you press the buttons for too long they will not function.
Let us know if this helps.

Camera tilt? On Wizard?
I think the Wizard can only turn the camera on and off. You have to operate in dual mode with the ST-16 and Wizard to have more camera control. In that case the ST-16 controls camera and the Wizard pilots the drone. Check pages 12 and 13 in User Manual Ver. 1.1.

Camera tilt? On Wizard?
I think the Wizard can only turn the camera on and off. You have to operate in dual mode with the ST-16 and Wizard to have more camera control. In that case the ST-16 controls camera and the Wizard pilots the drone. Check pages 12 and 13 in User Manual Ver. 1.1.
Yes the Wizard can tilt the camera. You can operate the H with the Wizard alone. No need for the ST16. You can view the video with the CGO phone app. Some of the functions require that you press the magic button. For these you need to press the magic button and hold then press the other button.
The firmware should be up to date if purchased with the Typhoon H. If you got one with older firmware, you need to install GUI software on PC and connect the Wizard to update.

Thanks!
I have 2 Wizards and the problems was with the old one.
The wizard that came with H work perfect!
I will try to update firmware using GUI. It's to bad that Yuneec does not have any manual about wizard firmware updating.
Thank you all again!

Hey RR, what's up?
There must be some Wizard news I don't have. This card came with my Pro. Can you tell me which Wizard buttons tilt the camera?
Thanks.
View attachment 3820
That card only shows combination functions, requiring more than one button. I know it is confusing. Yuneec does a poor job of documenting things. If you look closely at the two buttons you press to raise or lower the landing gear, you will see the icons on the buttons show camera tilt up and down. When you press these individually, they tilt the camera, together, they raise or lower the LG.

If you look closely at the two buttons you press to raise or lower the landing gear, you will see the icons on the buttons show camera tilt up and down. When you press these individually, they tilt the camera, together, they raise or lower the LG.

Holy Moly! You sure be right, RR. My eyesight is so bad, even with glasses I never noticed that. I'm glad you caught that. Better to say nothing rather than give bad advice. Thanks a million, IOU. :):):)

Yes the Wizard can tilt the camera. You can operate the H with the Wizard alone. No need for the ST16. You can view the video with the CGO phone app. Some of the functions require that you press the magic button. For these you need to press the magic button and hold then press the other button.
The firmware should be up to date if purchased with the Typhoon H. If you got one with older firmware, you need to install GUI software on PC and connect the Wizard to update.
So you are saying that I dont need to turn the st 16 on to use the wizard with the typhoon H. Do I just turn on the wizard and bind it to the H? What is the process of making this happen? Will the wizard still allow the watch me and follow me modes to work? I want to use it to follow me while riding in the dunes or the trails on my RZR. And I am not to sure about what to do with the st 16 as I dont see it being feasible to mount it to the Rzr, unless it is absolutely necessary. Please advise.
Thanks.
Cory

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So you are saying that I dont need to turn the st 16 on to use the wizard with the typhoon H. Do I just turn on the wizard and bind it to the H? What is the process of making this happen? Will the wizard still allow the watch me and follow me modes to work? I want to use it to follow me while riding in the dunes or the trails on my RZR. And I am not to sure about what to do with the st 16 as I dont see it being feasible to mount it to the Rzr, unless it is absolutely necessary. Please advise.
Thanks.
Cory

St16 is not needed to fly and follow/watch. Here is a short video which shows the binding process and basic control functions:
There are buttons for starting and stopping video and shooting stills. There are other button combinations that control different functions as described in your manual.
Have fun.

Yikes!
I'm the world's worst when it comes to trying something first and reading the manual after things go south.
In the Sticky thread at the top of the Typhoon Help section there are 2 manuals. There is fairly complete information on using the Wizard.
Go slow...

St16 is not needed to fly and follow/watch. Here is a short video which shows the binding process and basic control functions:
There are buttons for starting and stopping video and shooting stills. There are other button combinations that control different functions as described in your manual.
Have fun.
Thx dude. I have had some practice using the wizard in team mode with the the st 16. Learning its functions makes it easy when you have that score card or function card with you. After awhile I started to memorize all the functions of the wizard. I cant wait to get out and try it. I quickly learned that that the altitude mode was not on by default.

Hi RiverRunner... I can´t update my Wizard... Windows doesnt recognise it, and GUI or Firmware Update software either... The message is: TimeOUT.... Is there some win driver for this wizard or some step I didnt know?

Hi RiverRunner... I can´t update my Wizard... Windows doesnt recognise it, and GUI or Firmware Update software either... The message is: TimeOUT.... Is there some win driver for this wizard or some step I didnt know?
Check this post
Post in thread 'Typhoon H wizard wand won't pull down landing gear'
Typhoon H wizard wand won't pull down landing gear as it is most likely the answer to your question.

Reactions: Nko

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22