Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problems with the H since release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ran into the issue at startup that says camera failed to initialize but still comes on, takes photos and video fine? Happened to me today and in mid flight my image froze. Bought her down restarted everything got a black screen on the ST-16. Turned everything off waited a bit restarted and everything worked fine. It's not the first time I see the camera failed to initialize.

Try re-seating your camera. Mine acted the same, I'm thinking might have to make sure those contacts stay clean down the road..?

Seems we have been spoiled rotten by our Phantoms having so much more available data and settings control. I've read enough to question getting this bird. I placed order with Amazon on April 12th, last I saw a few days ago was scheduled for May 27 - June 3rd. So I figured today I would go ahead and cancel my order. Signed on to Amazon................. it shipped today!! So I need to decide if I want to open her up day after tomorrow or send her back. It's like most choices in women.............. beauty over brains?! Or wait for a smarter girl that is still cute?! Decisions decisions!! I'll probably not be able to resist her once she's in the same room with me. I'm so **** easy!
Go on..... You know you want to..... Do it !!!!!

I am feeling the same way. I had a Phantom 4 for a few weeks I purchased at the Apple Store that flew great. No issues. When I found out about the H in late March, during my 2 week return period, I returned the Phantom 4 to Apple because reliability and failsafe built in redundancy was very important to me. Being able to lose a motor and not crash was a big selling factor to me for the H. But I don't want to have to be worrying every minute I am flying the H that I will have a flyaway or lose signal and have it fly into the trees. I haven't cancelled my order yet but I am very close to it.
**** is **** that bad for the H? :eek:

Hmm. Similar things were said on my blog by trolls; paranoid, mean, bull headed, ridgid,

I don't like trolls. You are a troll.

Wish you the best with your mental problem

You have a paranoia problem my friend

Not really. The first post on this page (#261) follows the typical derailment modus operandi. Several other posts on this page are following the same path. The first Typhoon H thread at RCG was destroyed by XXX writers. Bad enough it had to be closed. The second one isn't doing much better. Typhoon threads at FB and video channels at You Tube are receiving the same treatment. If there's any paranoia, it's on the XXX people.

Hello S/T.

Last edited:
Wow, that was quick.

I'm in Canada and it's not so quick. I called Yuneec on Friday, they gave me an RA number & were supposed to provide a shipping label. Monday came (today), still nothing. Called/emailed and I have a feeling that I'll be calling again. I think they are just a bit confused on how to send and retrieve stuff from Canada with a carrier.
You should have gotten a email sent to you prepaid shipping label. Just print and attach to box sent it. Hope this helps.

For some reason besides the tipping over issue it suddenly flew towards my pickup when attempting to land and crashed into it. It did not respond to control stick movements to get it to return to landing spot. It was facing away from me and my pickup so no chance to know if obstacle avoidance would have helped. On the bright side, the arms were still very secure despite some reviewers saying that the arm hinges appeared weak (they don't to me).
Is it possible that where you were landing there was something in front of the H that could have given a "false positive" to the obstacle avoidance? If the H thought it was avoiding an obstacle I believe it would act as you described, just a thought. I have seen mine make small twitches in reaction to tall weeds close to the H while landing. I usually turn obstacle avoidance off once I am ~4ft off the ground to be safe.
New technologies for a company can sometimes come with a few stipulations, at least initially anyway.

safe flying :)

You should have gotten a email sent to you prepaid shipping label. Just print and attach to box sent it. Hope this helps.
Yes, I called again on Tuesday and this time the customer service agent did a great job of ensuring a shipping label would arrive... and it did later that evening. Typhoon is on it's way back to Yuneec for analysis & repair.

Has anyone ran into the issue at startup that says camera failed to initialize but still comes on, takes photos and video fine? Happened to me today and in mid flight my image froze. Bought her down restarted everything got a black screen on the ST-16. Turned everything off waited a bit restarted and everything worked fine. It's not the first time I see the camera failed to initialize.

How about re-plug the gimbal and see if it works?

But I don't think that has anything to do with the problems being reported here. Nobody bad-mouthing the Typhoon H here but there are problems that should be identified and addressed.

Even I don't care, but I agree.

I'm a Phantom owner since the 1st gen, have loved every minute in the air. The Phantom was the 1st drone I've owned, now the H is on it's way! I'm a pretty smart guy and can understand tech. The hot topics I see on here are about the ultrasonic avoidance and camera quality of the H... The detection distance is only 5 feet? How fast can it go at that point? The camera has purple edges, low resolution, distortion? I asked the same question about the camera in another thread. I'm hoping I can see more photo posts.

Hello i have got my TH too....and that is my short report

The Concept of this Drone is great, I love the foldable arms, moving landing Gear, and the ST16 Design is good too
Camera and Gimbal works good and stable

- ST16 have a rollin thing in it... my Shop-Seller open it next day and "Surpise" the fan was loose position... he put it back on motor
- Boot and binding the cam/Copter/ST16 is over 5min here
- No Beep when all is binded
- No Setting for RTH-height... its fixed to the 10m
- Battery shows only Volts in summary...no loadcycles, or cells or % of Full
- Screen in sunshine is to dark...in shadow not perfect
- First Flight GPS-Hold make slow circles and don't hold the position perfect
- A little latency of controlling the flight
- Landing Gear don't works (only one moves 1cm)
- After Props balanced, I have seen the Landing Gear is very shaky, but where comes the vibrance? But the picture was stable - not shaky
- NFZ not able to disarmed (i have flight license and want work with it)
- No Log-Book or App for Log-Data inside...you need to export it to EXMAPS which costs with full functionality
- Not possible to turn off front-lights for flights in lo lights
- the arm click mechanic a mix of plastic and metal...hopefully it holds long time
- No control LEDs on the battery for checking the Load
- for Flight Boundaries i need the GUI on PC, why not on the ST16?
- Gains and Brakes on ST16 for Flight-Cntroller doesn't exist for advanced used

so mine is on way back to YUNEEC and i wait for new one, where the Landing Gear works, hopefully with a new fan inside
and i hope they work hard on updates and listen to their clients
Sorry but picture doesn't match the bad english at all, seems fishy. Just an observation.

np, just a bit cautious provided the recent diversions that have been placed in certain places. forums, youtube, pretty much anywhere anyone can comment. that is all, like i said just and observation

Reactions: cokeaddict
I think no matter what anyone else says you should probably just stick with which ever device you are most comfortable with, since which ever one you are most comfortable with you are least likely to damage or make a mistake with.

@Ganten: my openion is the Typhoon H is the better Hardware, but at moment the P4 have the better Software

i hope yuneec will give soon updates that it flies the same perfect as other models at the market

and that they put all in the APP of ST16: the RTH-Height, speed adjustments for the automatic flights,
flight boundaries, gains and breaks, dynamic or static homepoint, more informations of battery and flight time

Reactions: NFB, RBC and snerd
@Ganten: my openion is the Typhoon H is the better Hardware, but at moment the P4 have the better Software

i hope yuneec will give soon updates that it flies the same perfect as other models at the market

and that they put all in the APP of ST16: the RTH-Height, speed adjustments for the automatic flights,
flight boundaries, gains and breaks, dynamic or static homepoint, more informations of battery and flight time
Could not agree more.

I believe that the speed executed in the auto modes is represented by your "throttle" adjustment when you start the maneuver, so turtle it orbits slow and rabbit it orbits fast. I will test to confirm as soon as I can but we're in a storm for a few days
Flight boundaries currently exit and are editable with GUI while flying in smart mode
gains and breaks, if you mean control gains you can edit for each analogue input on the ST-16 within the software itself
select-able home point would be nice but not sure how useful (to everyone overall) since most situations people pretty much stay in the same spot more or less
More information on battery life i think is a huge one that everyone can benefit from and should certainly be a select-able option in settings to show % for more precise info
RTH flies up to 10m if it is below and stays at its height if RTH is activated above 10m. So it is kinda adjustable, but I can see certainly see how adding the ability to adjust its default 10m could prove useful. looks like there is plenty of room on that setting page in the typhoon GUI

Of course a lot of these answers should be provided by the manual. But it is lacking regarding specific information, I guess that didn't want to make their manual a book.

Also for those who are flying the H and it seems to drift around while holding station, even in little to no winds. If you are in smart mode remember that it is trying to follow you, put it in angle mode and it will most likely fix that drifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Li