Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problems with the H since release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Followed the video and it worked like a charm! Hopefully works the same when I take her out tomorrow. Thanks YUNEEC !!!!

I've already seen some hard landings on YouTube and no such reports of the landing gears having any structural damage. Let's at least have some confirmed reports before we start making assumptions.
great! thanks for your sharing!

Seems connecting to the CGO3+ on initial startup is a common issue. But, a quick call to Yuneec solved it promptly. Removing the camera completely and reinserting it, then rebinding the camera using the default password : 1234567890, problem solved! Did I mention Yuneec Customer Service rocks! Called twice and got a live person each time.
And THAT my friend is why I am moving to Yuneec. Customer Service does matter. Pay attention Mr DJI !!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: pa drone
First post here and sadly I have to add to more of the Typhoon H's woes. Got my new H last week, upon arrival, ST16 had the well publicized loose parts including gimbal springs and the dreaded cooling fan rattling around inside the remote. The left gimbal had no horizontal spring tension which is obvious since the spring fell out in my hand when I removed one of the rubber grip pads and shook the remote to see what was making all the noise whenever I moved it. Yuneec CS replaced my ST16 and I had to wait a week before I could even take a maiden flight with my H. Got the replacement St16 from Yuneec and finally got to take it out for 4 different flights in one day. The distance before I would lose Telemetry was consistently 2800 foot and the flight data would blink on and off on the St16 and the bird would initiate RTH. I installed an Itelite DBS Antenna on two of the 4 flights and the same thing, 2800 feet and then nothing, I could NOT get the bird passed 2800 feet. I took my trusty Q 4K up and managed to get out 4000 feet using the same flight path and the KP index was only at 1. I have an Itelite installed on my St10 which is why I can push the Q out that far. So I decided to contact Yuneec CS about the crappy performance and was told possibly try firmware update may help. Next day, charged both of my flight batteries and was getting ready to do the firmware updates on the ST16, CGO3+, and Typhoon H. I installed flight battery into the H, pushed the power button and all it would do is beep once and I could see blue flashing lights coming from inside the H. Tried it again and again, same result so I figured maybe the flight battery has crapped out and tried my second battery. Same thing again, push power button, one audible beep and nothing. I can't get the H to boot up. I feel extremely let down at this point. I have been a huge Yuneec Supporter going back to the very first Q500. I have two Q500 4K birds in my fleet because they are reliable, predictable, and not over-engineered. The H has been a nightmare ever since that Yuneec Box showed up on my doorstep. I am not going round and round to get what Yuneec promised. The H was rushed into production, Yuneec couldn't meet demand so they threw Quality Control out of the window. Maybe 6 months down the road when the "New-ness"has worn off, the bird might be better but I don't feel like being a beta tester this stage of the game.

Reactions: Jeffrey Solorio
First post here and sadly I have to add to more of the Typhoon H's woes. Got my new H last week, upon arrival, ST16 had the well publicized loose parts including gimbal springs and the dreaded cooling fan rattling around inside the remote. The left gimbal had no horizontal spring tension which is obvious since the spring fell out in my hand when I removed one of the rubber grip pads and shook the remote to see what was making all the noise whenever I moved it. Yuneec CS replaced my ST16 and I had to wait a week before I could even take a maiden flight with my H. Got the replacement St16 from Yuneec and finally got to take it out for 4 different flights in one day. The distance before I would lose Telemetry was consistently 2800 foot and the flight data would blink on and off on the St16 and the bird would initiate RTH. I installed an Itelite DBS Antenna on two of the 4 flights and the same thing, 2800 feet and then nothing, I could NOT get the bird passed 2800 feet. I took my trusty Q 4K up and managed to get out 4000 feet using the same flight path and the KP index was only at 1. I have an Itelite installed on my St10 which is why I can push the Q out that far. So I decided to contact Yuneec CS about the crappy performance and was told possibly try firmware update may help. Next day, charged both of my flight batteries and was getting ready to do the firmware updates on the ST16, CGO3+, and Typhoon H. I installed flight battery into the H, pushed the power button and all it would do is beep once and I could see blue flashing lights coming from inside the H. Tried it again and again, same result so I figured maybe the flight battery has crapped out and tried my second battery. Same thing again, push power button, one audible beep and nothing. I can't get the H to boot up. I feel extremely let down at this point. I have been a huge Yuneec Supporter going back to the very first Q500. I have two Q500 4K birds in my fleet because they are reliable, predictable, and not over-engineered. The H has been a nightmare ever since that Yuneec Box showed up on my doorstep. I am not going round and round to get what Yuneec promised. The H was rushed into production, Yuneec couldn't meet demand so they threw Quality Control out of the window. Maybe 6 months down the road when the "New-ness"has worn off, the bird might be better but I don't feel like being a beta tester this stage of the game.
I'm feeling the same way, I got my "H" yesterday and was so let down to find out that my battery would not charge, now I'm waiting until Tuesday for a charger replacement. Also the fan in my St16 is making weird noises. I haven't even taken it on its maiden flight I'm currently so disappointed .

Last edited:
I have stated previously my H crash video is remaining private. The DJI paid trolls don't deserve more food. :)
How do you know it's paid trolls and not fanboys? In this day, I would be less surprised if it were DJI fans. If you knew about Japanese, Korean, and yes Chinese business there is an honor that doesn't exist in Western Capatilism that would never allow this and probably and literally they are shamed by it. I say this knowing full well you can't return anything in Asian countries. ****, have you ever tried to send back a meal in a Chinese restaurant? How'd it work out? I hope that doesn't sound racist. I actually LOVE Asian culture and people. Very docile.

Personally, I wish Apple or Google, or any good company would make a good friggen UAS.

In less than 2 years, we will laugh at all of this, watch. The question is who will buy who but there is a reason, there aren't a lot of Chinese car brands and pretty much none in US, after market support is not yet in their culture, nor is intellectual property. Two things working against them. It's a shame because they innovate but don't protect.

DJI will be Apple and Yuneec will be Google or something soon and the UASs that Amazon has ready to go are true drones.

The technology that's out is NOTHING compared to what exists. Stay tuned.

No dog in the race, I have all of the good ones.

Last edited:
Just off the phone with Yuneec. Any issues with the H's that need service are being pushed to the front. Having to send the H, my dead battery and ST-16 back.
That would suck if you just spent thousands on a specked out Tornado.

Thanks for your comments. I agree with you. These people and their comments definitely look bogus. Have they no shame?

I'm not buying it.

Personally I don't really like either company too much as a business but nobody is buying this that people from DJI are paying people to write bad comments. As I said, it's not even in their culture and they don't enen really have YouTube without sneaking it I think.

Either way, this "smear" campaign is making DJI look bad and I think they are smart enough to know that.

Also, no matter what happens with the H, I don't see it ever matching the today sales of the P4 so there is no fear by DJI.

I will own the H and my expectations as with most UASs are low. The P3 was the only jump that raised my expectation for the "toy drones" or enthusiast I guess.

But Yuneec paid nobody to make a smear campaign.

I see we veered off topic once again.. and it wasn't even me!.. This kind of friendly banter reminds me of who is the best car manufacture.. Maybe start a new thread Yuneec vs DJI or Chevy vs Ford.. ohh i dunno.. lol

Also, no matter what happens with the H, I don't see it ever matching the today sales of the P4 so there is no fear by DJI.

I will own the H and my expectations as with most UASs are low. The P3 was the only jump that raised my expectation for the "toy drones" or enthusiast

I agree. Your comments are a fair observation.

The Typhoon H looks like, in my opinion, to be a smash hit for Yuneec. However, even with much success I can't see it ever surpassing sales of a Phantom..... for now.

The Phantom series has had 4 generations of trial and error and today it is pretty much refined. I still fly Phantom 3 models and find them to be glitch free. The Typhoon H will follow the same path as the Phantom with improvements coming with each generation and will go from Great to Spectacular!

What I really hope is that the "H" and Phantom don't become similar, because then it becomes a choice of "Coke" and "Pepsi". Right now I find the "H" and "Phantom" fill two different categories in the realm of photography & flight capabilities. For this reason I own both. The "H" fills some of the gaps the Phantom does not address. If the "H" ever starts selling different camera & accessory attachments with future models, then the "H" (H2, H3) will be my goto drone. Yuneec, are you listening? :)

The Typhoon H looks like, in my opinion, to be a smash hit for Yuneec. However, even with much success I can't see it ever surpassing sales of a Phantom..... for now.

The Phantom series has had 4 generations of trial and error and today it is pretty much refined. I still fly Phantom 3 models and find them to be glitch free. The Typhoon H will follow the same path as the Phantom with improvements coming with each generation and will go from Great to Spectacular!

What I really hope is that the "H" and Phantom don't become similar, because then it becomes a choice of "Coke" and "Pepsi". Right now I find the "H" and "Phantom" fill two different categories in the realm of photography & flight capabilities. For this reason I own both. The "H" fills some of the gaps the Phantom does not address. If the "H" ever starts selling different camera & accessory attachments with future models, then the "H" (H2, H3) will be my goto drone. Yuneec, are you listening? :)
Crap... I've gone off topic. Thought I was in a different thread. My bad.

Seems connecting to the CGO3+ on initial startup is a common issue. But, a quick call to Yuneec solved it promptly. Removing the camera completely and reinserting it, then rebinding the camera using the default password : 1234567890, problem solved! Did I mention Yuneec Customer Service rocks! Called twice and got a live person each time.
This is a good tip!

Reactions: SnowRaven

I also agree with you but I don't think it will not match sales because I'm claiming the P4 as a greater craft. What I was saying, to be more clear, about the P3 was the leap in fun and technology that followed the P2 series. I guess mainly because of better camera integration and Lightbridge on the same release just made the hobby for some people to one for anyone.

I haven't seen my H but I'm the kind of moron that would buy it either way although while not quite apples and oranges, they are kind of peanuts and cashews (without assigning goodness to cashews over peanuts although clearly better) :p

Happy Hex Flying!!!

Please call tech support for assistance at 1-844-898-6332 / [email protected]

M-F 6am-5pm PST
Sat. 8am-4:30pm PST

-Team Yuneec
Saturday tech support!!!

Now if they know something I will be happy. The "Techs" at DJI, Burbank, some of them almost literally know nothing technical about their product, they can only read. As a joke when my engineer friend was with me, I meniachaly put it on speakers and asked questions any one person on this forum could answer but not her without "looking it up". I felt bad about doing it, mean and all, but I was curious how bad it was. Ftr, I have gotten good service from them but I had to apologize and tell her I'm sorry if I embarrassed her and put 100% of the blame on DJI. If you can't field enough techs than don't but don't put people that know as much as someone with the manual in front of them can, all jokes about the difficulty of getting a manual aside.

I am hoping not the same from Yuneec and I am hopeful with Saturday hours.

I blog a top 5 "enthusiast" drones and I have the q at 3 but I've been using it finally and it I believe will shoot up to #2 and bringing the Inspire 1 down to 3. It's to me, by far, the best flying; machine but spending that kind of money to get h264 is only making more upset every time I use it. If you get if with the X5R, it's out of the price range of what I'm reviewing. I'm curious to know if it will overthrow my P4 for the #1 spot. www.topfivedrones.com

There will be manufacturing errors; may as well get used to seeing reports of them. Having said that, when a Yuneec rep was quoted (paraphrased) as saying they were shipping as fast as they could build them, it sent shivers up my spine.
Whew..you got that right glider! I've spent the last 4 months saving for the H, and now that I finally have the funds I think I'm going to wait awhile longer and continue to fly my Q4k before purchasing. I' have over 400 flights on my Q4k, still have two of the original props on the thing, it has never given me one issues..NOT ONE. Hope Yuneec works all the bugs out in the H, if not I'll have to jump ship, perhaps the Inspire 1 since they lowered the price last week I'm now just $550 shy of purchasing one of those.

I would love to see an adapter to install a CGO4 on the H. Can it carry it? I dont know the payload of the H vs. the CGO4 weight. anyone?

Well, just had my first issue, not a huge issue, but this was my 5th flight, the 1st battery warning came on and I was only maybe 20' up, so I flipped the lever to bring down the landing gear and nada. It just stayed up, I checked all my switches, was in angle mode, everything looked ok, but no matter what I did, landing gear would not respond, brought it down close enough and grabbed it at the battery and shut down the props, so no crash, but somethings up. Turned the H off and back on, one of the legs came down a few degrees and the other stayed. Pulled the battery and it seams hot inside, smells hot, not like burning electronics, but hot enough, let it cool, popped the same battery in and the landing gear came down the moment I powered it on. Not sure what to think about another flight... Temps were close to 90 degrees and semi humid, about like a typical Florida day, however I live in PA.

Well, just had my first issue, not a huge issue, but this was my 5th flight, the 1st battery warning came on and I was only maybe 20' up, so I flipped the lever to bring down the landing gear and nada. It just stayed up, I checked all my switches, was in angle mode, everything looked ok, but no matter what I did, landing gear would not respond, brought it down close enough and grabbed it at the battery and shut down the props, so no crash, but somethings up. Turned the H off and back on, one of the legs came down a few degrees and the other stayed. Pulled the battery and it seams hot inside, smells hot, not like burning electronics, but hot enough, let it cool, popped the same battery in and the landing gear came down the moment I powered it on. Not sure what to think about another flight... Temps were close to 90 degrees and semi humid, about like a typical Florida day, however I live in PA.

I learned this long ago as a rule of thumb, and I can always say its worked for me. #1 problem with electronics is heat!
My rule of thumb.. If your not comfortable. Neither is your electronics.. Ok i'm a crazy old guy but try it.

I live in Florida and never fly in the heat of day or when its really humid out.. In the summer i'll fly 1-2 hours before sunset..

Reactions: GhostGuy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hodgepodge