Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Really frustrated with tech support

Reaction score
My last flight over a month ago when in RTH mode I received 10 voltage warning ( when looked at with UAV toolbox) , I switched to angle mode and landed. I called support on 2-27 and they said don't fly and send in files. I never received and contact from them so I contacted them on 3-14 . They said the files were corrupt and to resend them, they called me later that day and said they did receive them and they were able to open them.
After not hearing from anyone I contacted them again I called again and talked to Rose who said they had a big backlog ,but would get to them soon. I have a job coming up on Saturday so I called again to check today. I talked to Rose again and this time she said they couldn't find the files and to resend them for the 3rd time and not to fly until someone looks at them. I used to praise their support, but now it seem they are getting as bad as DJI. Sorry for the rant ,but when you rely on a tool to work commercially and this is the company's response it's had to plan any further purchases with that company.

My last flight over a month ago when in RTH mode I received 10 voltage warning ( when looked at with UAV toolbox) , I switched to angle mode and landed. I called support on 2-27 and they said don't fly and send in files. I never received and contact from them so I contacted them on 3-14 . They said the files were corrupt and to resend them, they called me later that day and said they did receive them and they were able to open them.
After not hearing from anyone I contacted them again I called again and talked to Rose who said they had a big backlog ,but would get to them soon. I have a job coming up on Saturday so I called again to check today. I talked to Rose again and this time she said they couldn't find the files and to resend them for the 3rd time and not to fly until someone looks at them. I used to praise their support, but now it seem they are getting as bad as DJI. Sorry for the rant ,but when you rely on a tool to work commercially and this is the company's response it's had to plan any further purchases with that company.
Not making excuses because I am just now trying to contact them but maybe they are backed up due to the Christmas purchase boom and are busier then normal. still no excuse

No it's probibly due to their staff cutback. they went from overstaffed and great support to under staffed and very poor support.

Not to take away from your experience and your right to voice your dealings and opinion about Yuneec, but for the sake of balance and fair play please allow me to point out there ARE two sides of every story.

I am sorry your being inconvenienced at this time, especially with a job hanging nearby in the air. But I feel it necessary to point out that my own very recent personal experience with Yuneec, their customer support staff, techs and reps, have been EXTREMELY satisfying. I could not speak more highly about Yuneec as a company if I tried.

On 3/9/17 my Typhoon H and ST16 suddenly lost total connection - RC and video feed transmissions - after my controller display suddenly just went black, came back online on its own, and was irretrievably disconnected from my Typhoon H Pro while in mid-flight some 70' in altitude, about 1,500' away and over at least 40' depths of fast moving water. My Typhoon was gone, failing to return home.

When I returned home I immediately contacted Yuneec that evening and they started a case for me. I had to send my flight log info to them twice as the first submission was not handled correctly, but those kind of things are going to happen in offices as long as people are involved, which I hope is forever despite the inherent possibility of human error. I prefer dealing with people over talking with computers or machines any day.

Last week I contacted Yuneec, spoke with a very affable, able, and courteous customer support rep named Andrew, and at the end of that phone call my situation was resolved. After reviewing the data I sent them, Yuneec decided it was not pilot error and made arrangements that night to send me a new replacement Typhoon H Pro immediately. I am waiting right now for it to arrive via UPS as I have to be here to sign for it when it's delivered.

My situation and extreme problem occurred, was addressed, and was resolved within 2 weeks on the dot, as my ill-fated 77th flight occurred 2 weeks ago and my replacement drone will be here today, 14 days later. I could not be happier with Yuneec and the manner in which I was treated by them. From beginning to end they made the process easy for me, were professional and efficient, and stood very strongly behind their product and their customer. These are hard traits to find in companies and corporations these days.

I am sure Yuneec will take care of you and your problem as a valued customer, as I sincerely believe that is their internal policy which they operate under. I have known others, too, who have also had nothing but a good, positive experience with Yuneec. Work with them, stay in contact with them, and do give them time. Undoubtedly they are being stretched thin for a variety of reasons, largely, I believe, due to the phenomenal growth and high demand for their products, time, and attention. So, try to keep that in mind as you wait. I am certain you will ultimately end up with a good solution to your problem.

Good luck. I hope your waiting comes to an end ASAP.

Here is my latest email from Yuneec:
Hello Richard
The file you sent is only the sensor file. We need the entire Flightlog folder emailed over.

My computer named the file sensor.zip ,but all the files were in there. They just never bothered to look and closed the case.

CC the response you received was great and they have been really good with me in the past , but it seams now they are more concerned with closing case Rather than solving them

Here is my latest email from Yuneec:
Hello Richard
The file you sent is only the sensor file. We need the entire Flightlog folder emailed over.

My computer named the file sensor.zip ,but all the files were in there. They just never bothered to look and closed the case.

So get back with them and let them know. Just continue to follow up until you get the resolution you deserve. Make sure you ARE sending them all of the data they require, and if you know you are then call them back immediately and tell them that today. Speak up and you will be heard.

CC the response you received was great and they have been really good with me in the past , but it seams now they are more concerned with closing case Rather than solving them

I feel your pain, my friend. I just don't want you to give up hope or stop pushing your way to being heard until your problem is resolved.

I did double check the zip file and all the files were there and I sent and email back informing them of this

Reactions: CC Rider
You do commercial work and only have 1 aircraft?

They do need the complete telemetry file set. Problems develop over time in use. Reviewing only one file or segment of a file is not conducive to developing a good understanding of a problem.

I did double check the zip file and all the files were there and I sent and email back informing them of this

If I were in your shoes I'd place a call in to Yuneec, get on their callback list rather than wait on the phone, and explain to them what's been happening. You will get the answers you need as long as you persevere and give them exactly what they ask from you.

No I have 6 aircraft, it's just that when the H works right it is one of the best camera craft out there and they do have a complete set of file

I am hold right now . For the last week every time I call them Rose calls me back and just tries to find a way to close the case without solving it. On Monday she said they have all the file and would get back to me after they look at them and don't fly until then. Today she had they don't have the files( I also had a tech call me the day I sent the files to inform me that they received them

I sat on hold and talked to Mitch whom I've had great experiences with in the past. He looked at the file I sent and said all the data was indeed there . He was forwarding it on the the tech asigned to my case and said I should have an answer within 48 hours.

I sat on hold and talked to Mitch whom I've had great experiences with in the past. He looked at the file I sent and said all the data was indeed there . He was forwarding it on the the tech asigned to my case and said I should have an answer within 48 hours.

Great news, at last. Hope they resolve your issue in quick-service mode.

Cheers!

Way to go. Congratulations. Perseverance always pays off. You are dealing with an excellent, pro-consumer company. I have no doubt Yuneec will treat you right!

Yeah, I'm amazed Yuneec extended their warranty for a year. Companies don't just do that on a whim, there must be quality and reliability data to backup their decision. In addition, I've never heard of a company replace and ship out drone replacements the way they have for flyaways or lost drones.

When I say 'lost drones' I'm keenly aware of the inherent bias in these forums. It seems we hear most of the lost or fly away drone stories which makes the issue seem large, yet in aggregate overall sales, Yuneec says the flyaways and losses are statistically really low.

We also should consider how new the people were to multirotors in general and the H specifically when reviewing those posts. A brief review finds most of them new on all counts. In many of those posts they ask questions that were covered in the instructions; meaning they didn't read them. A few do have real issues but most posts related to fly aways, buggered landings, and disastrous firmware upgrades were/are self induced.

We really want to look closely at some posts to establish how much was intentionally left out of them. What isn't stated is oft times more important than what was, and skews reality quite a lot to favor the user. Some feel that if they didn't say it, it's not a lie, but if what is left out intentionally alters the perception of an incident, it is one.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArnhemAnt

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss