Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Really frustrated with tech support

We also should consider how new the people were to multirotors in general and the H specifically when reviewing those posts. A brief review finds most of them new on all counts. In many of those posts they ask questions that were covered in the instructions; meaning they didn't read them. A few do have real issues but most posts related to fly aways, buggered landings, and disastrous firmware upgrades were/are self induced.

We really want to look closely at some posts to establish how much was intentionally left out of them. What isn't stated is oft times more important than what was, and skews reality quite a lot to favor the user. Some feel that if they didn't say it, it's not a lie, but if what is left out intentionally alters the perception of an incident, it is one.
I agree with this.
IMHO if I ever want help from a forum on an issue to do with anything...not just drone stuff...I believe it's important to give as much accurate information as possible, warts and all, so that people who are helping me understand the problem and are able to give a good INFORMED response. In the same way, if I'm trying to help someone else out, then I would like to know that I'm working on accurate info about the issue otherwise any help I give could be based on not having the full picture and thus being wrong.

I'ts no use only giving part of the info when asking for help because, at best, you are only going to get part of the solution to the problem...or no solution at all.

Reactions: CC Rider
That's pretty much where I'm at. There also have been so many posts from supporters of the brand that shall not be named (and they still occur) bashing competitor's products with the intent of driving buyers away from those products that looking at a new disaster-problem posts carefully is necessary. There are also people where their first post is bashing a product because they refused or failed to perform even the most fundamental "due diligence" by reading instructions. Smart Circle take off and landing events typically fall into that category.

On the Smart Circle note, being one that experienced a minor crash through forgetting I had placed a Chroma in Smart mode and walking up on it while in flight, where it moved away from me and into one of my wife's prize shrubs (she was watching:( I fully understand how an owner can cause something to happen, but we should not blame the aircraft for obeying its programming. That's like blaming a compass for pointing north. Instead it should be more of a palm to the forehead moment where we ask ourselves; "why was I so dumb?" and learn from it.

Been there, done that. I'd always felt I was good at double checking everything and pre-flight checks etc. when I did the Smart Circle thing myself. Fortunately I landed quickly before damage, yet still hadn't realized my mistake until some time later. Doh!

Been there, done that. I'd always felt I was good at double checking everything and pre-flight checks etc. when I did the Smart Circle thing myself. Fortunately I landed quickly before damage, yet still hadn't realized my mistake until some time later. Doh!

Who wants to be "perfect?" I hear in some circles that the last PERFECT man was nailed to a cross.

Being "perfect" is too much of a burden for the average Joe or Joan to carry, although perfection is a desirable and lofty goal to pursue as a life-long pursuit, as long as you are aware that it will always remain a bit out of reach as long as we are wrapped in this mortal form.

We live and we learn. We crash and we learn. That's just part of the human condition...and I wouldn't change it for nothing. Experience will ALWAYS remain to be our best teacher, and one of the ways we learn lessons best is when we make mistakes.

Someone once told me the best education is the one that ends up costing me the most. He was very right. Whenever I have to spend money to correct what I had initially done wrong is a lesson I remember and don't duplicate.

If you' guys talking about that time I forgot to mention that I dropped the H during the compass calibration, or when I forgot to mention 2 of the props weren't on, or when I forgot to mention the hail storm, or that it was over the White House, or the OTA update over a 14.4 modem, or that time when I flew blindfolded, or that the puppy chewed the antennas off my ST-16, or if you're talking about the time I left out that the battery was at 11.9 volts...I was a little drunk at the times, so details will be forgotten from time to times. Besides, when you buy a drone that specifically says it has a "smart mode," why shouldn't you expect it to stop you from making those minor mistakes? If it's so smart why doesn't it tell you the gimbal protector is still on before you fly? And why put lights on it if it can't see in a dark bedroom? And maybe they shouldn't call it an accelerometer if you're not supposed to be accelerating when you calibrate it.
I saw none of this in the videos so I believe I have every right to be mad at Yuneec, and I take offense to the "User Error" term being thrown around so wildly when clearly the H has had some issues beyond my control. And for tech support to laugh and pass me off onto the next tech to get a laugh is just plain rude.

Oh yes. I was caught out on that myself. Very first flight of the H I wanted to bring it in for landing from about 400 ft away, but the bugger wouldn't respond. I got to the battery warning so I landed it where it was and I started to walk towards it before I'd powered down the motors. Well it just started bouncing away from me at the exact speed I was walking. I then shut it down and it came to rest. No damage done. I looked at the controller after and noticed I'd knocked it into smart mode without noticing.
To this day, though, I still can't understand why it behaved this way since 400 ft away isn't exactly the circle of death, but it was acting as if it was at the edge of the death circle.

That was many moons ago and I'm now so careful about my switches that I'm anal about it.

Jester reminded me of when I tried selling cars for a living in the '80's. Someone would always call the dealership for a feature by feature description for the Ad Car of the week. Inevitably they would ask if it had chrome or mag wheels. We'd tell them they were being transferred to the wheel department and be placed on an indefinite hold with crappy Muzak playing in the background.

Reactions: Jester

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt