Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Renew registration

Reaction score
I just realized my registration has expired. So I went on line to renew it cost $25. for three years. I called a friend up and he said he just up it for $5, Did I do something
wrong? Is it $5. or $25. ? I also read that we don't have to register any more in the US ? Can anyone help me with this ?

Reactions: J Freeman
I just realized my registration has expired. So I went on line to renew it cost $25. for three years. I called a friend up and he said he just up it for $5, Did I do something
wrong? Is it $5. or $25. ? I also read that we don't have to register any more in the US ? Can anyone help me with this ?

May I ask, “where were you when you read this information?” (Web sites?)

Also, what type of registration do you have to renew (hobby or commercial)?

Hopefully hobby is still one registration number for all owned aircraft. Commercial has been each aircraft must have its own unique registration. Have not heard of any changes to those requirements, so very curious where your information is coming from.

Thanks,

Jeff

I found out that info. was wrong. My registration is good until 2020. Now I just need to get a refund for $25. from the FAA

A $25 dollar donation, so it was for a good cause.:oops::rolleyes:
Theirs! LOLo_O

I sent the money to the Federal Drone Registration Team . Just a few minutes later I sent them a e-mail that I did not need renewal until
2020 Lets see if they refund me or not. I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW

The government will take anything you can give them. BTW the money is already spent.

As he said,
" Refund? There's no refund in government"
Tom Hanks

The government will take anything you can give them. BTW the money is already spent.

That money didn’t go to the government, it went to a private company scamming those ignorant of the rules, regulations, and the government agency website dedicated to creating and enforcing regulations.

My recreational drone renewal cost exactly $0.00 but it was done through the FAA website.

Reactions: Docdor
Sad to see these scammers still around. Unless you asked the FAA to take your name off the list after they lost the Taylor case your registration is good to 12/12/20.

Go to the FAA website and look up your info. It shows the correct expiration date.

Reactions: PatR
I think I got lucky today. I just got a e-mail from the Federal Drone Registration Team that they are sending me a refund. I should have it in 72 hours.
Maybe there still are some good companies out there ? I let everyone know in 72 hours.

I like the way they have played on the “Federal” name. They have no authority whatsoever but they name their company in a manner intended to imply authority.

Reactions: Phaedrus
I think I got lucky today. I just got a e-mail from the Federal Drone Registration Team that they are sending me a refund. I should have it in 72 hours.
Maybe there still are some good companies out there ? I let everyone know in 72 hours.

Ummm.... If they were a "good company" they would not be scamming people for $20 extra to register their drones. It takes a couple of minutes to do it on the official FAA site. Sorry, these guy, and others like them, are straight up scammers.

Sorry to say, but you were "taken" by an unofficial web site. The FAA site always has a .gov in the address. The price is $5.

Register Your Drone
I'm not even in US and this is a regular occurrence, I read about on Facebook, twitter and forums, it's a shame there's so many misleading sites.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apalomba