Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Renew registration

Yep. believe or not I try read the very lengthy boring agreements.:rolleyes: and my eyes look like thiso_O:oops:, and my brain is doing this

I see it very much like playing a game of poker. If you know the rules and play you have a chance of winning. If you elect to play the game and don’t know the rules you’re going to lose money every time.

There’s only one reason for not knowing the rules for anything we involve ourselves in, and that reason is failing to learn them. We can break that down a little further to determine we didn’t learn the rules simply because we didn’t want to or were too lazy to bother with it.

Reactions: AH-1G and Phaedrus
I like it. The extra cost the scammers charge is in essence a surcharge for not knowing what you needed to know.. If you don't take the time to learn how the system works, then people will take advantage of you. Much like life in general.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatR
I like it. The extra cost the scammers charge is in essence a surcharge for not knowing what you needed to know.. If you don't take the time to learn how the system works, then people will take advantage of you. Mush like life in general.
That's too much of a generalisation, people can be scammed in life not just by not reading up, your 90 year old mother could be conned out of her savings though intimidation, or just being misled or completely unaware of modern life. They can fool some people even the savvy.

That's too much of a generalisation, people can be scammed in life not just by not reading up, your 90 year old mother could be conned out of her savings though intimidation, or just being misled or completely unaware of modern life. They can fool some people even the savvy.

I believe my comments were more specific to the registration situation. You think you are the one who decided to apply my comments to the elderly who are frequently scammed. But lack of information is often related to those situations as well, but other factors may be in play as well.

But for what we do with sUAS there really is no excuse not to know the rules that apply to your operations, be they recreational or commercial.

I believe my comments were more specific to the registration situation. You think you are the one who decided to apply my comments to the elderly who are frequently scammed. But lack of information is often related to those situations as well, but other factors may be in play as well.

But for what we do with sUAS there really is no excuse not to know the rules that apply to your operations, be they recreational or commercial.
Sorry I took "Much like life in general" was a point to be raised.

Even the elderly bear the responsibility to become aware of what they involve themselves in, unless they are confined to total care living facilities or their mental facilities have become so degraded they are no longer capable of making decisions. The number of times seniors have been scammed to send money to assist a distressed relative is simply amazing when all that was needed to prevent the scam was a phone call to the alleged distressed relative to verify the person was indeed in trouble.

Sorry, but for the most part people get scammed because they are uninformed because they choose to be, or are stupid. One may beget the other.

Reactions: Phaedrus
If you paid by credit card you will be protected by your card company. Get in touch and explain situation [emoji846]

FWIW, I just heard that the FAA has issued a Cease & Desist order to the "Federal Drone Registration" website and further declared that registrations done through them are invalid. Looking for a copy of the order now.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
Holy Scam Batman. I would put a freeze on that card and check it for use daily. Take the $20.00 loss cancel the card and get one with another account number.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hodgepodge