Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

See What Happens When You Ignore TFR

A personal spanking from the FAA (e.g. Don't do that no more!). I am a pilot and it's not uncommon. Under VFR rules, you really don't have to talk to anyone while you are flying. Some pilots I know are old school and don't even have radios in their aircraft. The pilot was probably totally unaware that temp airspace restrictions were in effect; especially if they are not from the area. Somerset is the closest airport to Trump and OUTSIDE the TCA of New Jersey. It has relatively short runways less than 2700 feet and no control tower. I doubt it could support Air Force One landing there anyway. Since the pilot was not communicating with the local flight watch, they were probably surprised when a couple of F15's showed up.

I personally wouldn't fly without radios in the aircraft. Especially around small airports where new pilots may be training. You need to be seen and heard. I also use flight following whenever I'm VFR just to get notifications of aircraft in my area and they definitely would let you know if your about to enter restricted airspace.

A number of violations occurred if the pilot flew without knowledge of the TFR. Good chance he might lose his certificate for awhile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garysaitowitz775