Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Some questions

Reaction score
Hi, I have had a lot of issues with my Typhoon H and I really don't know what to do any more. Yeasterday I was out flying anf the H was all over the place. I have done all the calibrations but I think there is something going on with the compass.

When I connect it to the GUI, the yaw is moving all the time. It goes back and forth and after about 15 minutes it finally stopps moving. Look at the youtube video below. At about 3:10 it starts rotating the other way again. Just want to add the the H is sitting still on my table.

Is this normal? Can someone PLEASE check if your H and GUI are doing the same thing?!

I only got my Typhoon H o n Monday, we lost it on Tuesday with a fly away... Amazingly we got it back missing just a light cover as it landed its self. Update the firmware I say. The latest update states it will go from 2.4 ghz to 5.8 ghz if connection lost, Guess thats why the fly aways happened.mine seems real stable the last week. UPDATE

Wow I can't help more as I am a new owner. Mine is great now, sorry yours is not. hope you solve it

Well you could help me by connecting your H to the gui and see if it does the same ;)

I only have a Mac and wish I had access to the windows GUI. Sounds like I could be doing so much more if I did have access. With the yaw isue I calibrated and the shut down the machine and all good. This is after gimbal calibration

I only flew mine twice since I got it in Oct. It has the latest firmware and I did the calibrations Both times at first it flew great. Then it kept losing GPS and I kept getting compass warnings. When I tried to land it would get to about 15 ft and it would stop. When It finally did land it tried to flip it self over. So I recalibrate the compass and tried again with a new battery. Again at the beginning of the flight it flew great. Then after a few minutes the same thing happened. It kept losing GPS and I kept getting compass warnings. It would fly erratically and again it didn't want to land. It would stop and hover about 15 ft off the ground. After a few attempts of climbing and trying to land it finally slowly came down and landed, Once again after landing it would try to flip it self over but I was able to shut the motors off before it did. I don't know but the problems seemed to start when I got my first low battery warning. I called Yuneec and they told me to send in the H and the ST16 to be checked out. They sent me an RMA and shipping label. I will be shipping it out tomorrow.

Yeah I think mine is made in November. It seems ther are a lot of threads in October similar to yours. The compass module seems to the issue. Sorry I can't help more.

I only have a Mac and wish I had access to the windows GUI. Sounds like I could be doing so much more if I did have access. With the yaw isue I calibrated and the shut down the machine and all good. This is after gimbal calibration

I switched over to Mac a couple of years ago but I still had a 10 year old windows laptop in my closet. So I use that for my GUI software. It works ok but it's too old and it is not supposed any more. I'm going to go out and by me a new inexpensive small laptop with about 12" screen just for the GUI. With all the Christmas sales you can get one for about $200-$300 Depending on the specs.

Yeah I think mine is made in November. It seems ther are a lot of threads in October similar to yours. The compass module seems to the issue. Sorry I can't help more.
Yeah maybe that's why they were quick to send me an RMA and shipping label. I just hope they fix mine and send it back to me. Mine is still new and in great condition. I don't want a refurbished unit or someone else's. Plus I added the decal kit to my ST16 controller and I want it back.
I have owned the Q500 since it was released and it flew perfect right out of the box. I didn't do any calibrations to it or anything. It still flights great and is very stabile. I don't know why They are having issue with the H.

Attachments

• 2016-12-04 10.46.37.jpg
    439.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I just connected mine to the GUI. My rotates a little as well. Im uploading to youtube now.

Bill W.

Yeah maybe that's why they were quick to send me an RMA and shipping label. I just hope they fix mine and send it back to me. Mine is still new and in great condition. I don't want a refurbished unit or someone else's. Plus I added the decal kit to my ST16 controller and I want it back.
I have owned the Q500 since it was released and it flew perfect right out of the box. I didn't do any calibrations to it or anything. It still flights great and is very stabile. I don't know why They are having issue with the H.
Where did you get those stickers with instructions from?

Bill W.

Robban...
My H shows the same compass movements along with the pitch and yaw movements in the GUI while sitting on my desk nest to the computer..
Maybe it is because of the closeness to the computer with the Wi Fi and everything else going on with the computer.
I just backdated my auto pilot and everything still works great after 3 flights.
I got my second H in August after compass problems with my first H Toilet Bowling

Atomic and everybody else, thank you so much for your answers. I should take my laptop with a 5m long usb cable and go outside and test it.

Atomic and everybody else, thank you so much for your answers. I should take my laptop with a 5m long usb cable and go outside and test it.
I think you are on the right track looking for compass interference. Building wiring, computers, rebar in concrete slabs, iron bridges, car bodies all have enough iron in them to effect the compass. I learned that the hard way trying to take off from an iron bridge. Use the compass in your cell phone to check the location.
By the way, the best way to prevent the landing flip is to hold the throttle (left stick) down a little longer after the drone touches down. Then press the red power button.

For some interesting compass issues try flying low and between two rail road tracks for some distance...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, but did you do it twice to assure the first time was not an aberration? Talk about a wild direction change... I won't try it a third time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal