Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST10(+) Hidden Potential

Reaction score
I am so surprised that there hasn't been any companion apps made to go with our controller. I only have the ST10 plus but from what I have heard the other transmitters run on Android also. It would be awesome if Yuneec would add a weather app and flight log app on our transmitters. The Yuneec Transmitters have so much potential that could set it apart from all the other brands out there. I am just really surprised that nothing has been done to capitalize on top of the Android OS they use to run there transmitters! Maybe someone will run across this and tell the right person there to look into it :)

+1 Tuna.

There are some compatible apps out there.
Problem comes to the limited storage memory in the controller and possible conflict that could arise during flight.
You would not want an app popping up in the middle of a flight around trees and such.

To be slightly more serious. Yes there is at least one third party app, called UAV Toolbox, which I write. It runs on the ST-16 though, not the ST-10. The three problems with the ST-10 are

1. It's no longer being supported by Yuneec
2. It runs an older version of Android which makes porting apps a headache
3. I don't have one

Though there are quite a few ST-10 owners, it would cost me a fair amount of time and money to support it as well as the ST-16, for potentially little reward. If someone wants to buy me an ST10 plus drone and can show that enough users would be willing to pay for an app, I'd certainly look at it, but the evidence is that there's not a huge market there judging by the active forum members.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss