Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 - Adding a 2nd ground base monitor to share the flight video?

What kind of range did you get with your iPad mini?

For what it's worth, I used an iPad Air for several flights and found that the ST16 link "lags" and is unstable when simultaneously connected to the CGO3+. And the range is not good.
Anyway, no biggie for me. I'm going to use an HDMI cable.

image.jpg I use an old stripped down TV which got the case all busted up when wife knocked it of stand.. I power it with a 3s lipo which gives me about 20mins per battery. With a 5m HDMI all get a decent view and is great in strong sun. With a bit of 3D printing for housing controls it works a treat.

For what it's worth, I used an iPad Air for several flights and found that the ST16 link "lags" and is unstable when simultaneously connected to the CGO3+. And the range is not good.
Anyway, no biggie for me. I'm going to use an HDMI cable.
So, the iPad Air works fine, but the ST16 'lags' and is unstable when both are connected to the CGO3+? or they both 'lag' and are unstable?

So, the iPad Air works fine, but the ST16 'lags' and is unstable when both are connected to the CGO3+? or they both 'lag' and are unstable?

My experience:
Initial WIFI connection between the iPad and the CG03+ was crystal clear. However, the picture was lost soon after each flight.
Also, the WIFI connection between the iPad and the CG03+ seemed to cause a lag or interference with the video feed to the ST16.
The video feed on the ST16 was jumpy, would freeze, was sketchy to use. Each time I disconnected the iPad WIFI to the CG03+, the problem went away.

My experience:
Initial WIFI connection between the iPad and the CG03+ was crystal clear. However, the picture was lost soon after each flight.
Also, the WIFI connection between the iPad and the CG03+ seemed to cause a lag or interference with the video feed to the ST16.
The video feed on the ST16 was jumpy, would freeze, was sketchy to use. Each time I disconnected the iPad WIFI to the CG03+, the problem went away.
Thanks for the info, others have reported similar issues with the CGO app causing interference with the video on the ST16.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my