Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 Stick adjustability?

Reaction score
Hey folks I have a question for those that have had the back off of their controller. Is there any adjustment to the tension springs on the sticks? I find the sticks to be a little too soft for my liking, and I would like to increase the tension a bit. I do know that higher end RC radios have small adjustment pots you can open up and adjust the sticks, and I am hoping for some adjustability on the ST16.

Reactions: Murray Martz
There doesn't seem to be an easy adjustment. Personally I don't mind the current tension, it seems pretty comparable to my Spektrum radios but, yes there are two springs in each gimbal. From what I've seen, the only way to get more tension would be to shorten the existing springs or get heavier comparable springs from a different brand of radio. Also, any modification here would probably void your warranty.

I was afraid of that... Oh well, it is what it is I guess... In my DX18 Spektrum radio I pinch the sticks with my thumb and index finger but the size of this radio kind of prevents that (I guess I have small hands...no jokes....) so I am a thumbs flier with the ST16. I was hoping to have a little more "back pressure" on the gimbals.

Hey folks I have a question for those that have had the back off of their controller. Is there any adjustment to the tension springs on the sticks? I find the sticks to be a little too soft for my liking, and I would like to increase the tension a bit. I do know that higher end RC radios have small adjustment pots you can open up and adjust the sticks, and I am hoping for some adjustability on the ST16.
That was the first thing I noticed when I got mine. I like more resistance, just gives me a better feel of control. Once I am out of warranty I am going to look into that. But it will be at least 6 months for me, so here's hoping someone tests it out.

That was the first thing I noticed when I got mine. I like more resistance, just gives me a better feel of control. Once I am out of warranty I am going to look into that. But it will be at least 6 months for me, so here's hoping someone tests it out.

Murray, my hands shake a bit and I've found something like this helps and gives more tension on the sticks.
A simple fix really and works quite well. Can be removed if need be for warranty work. see what you think.
You probably want to get 2.

Yaw Resistance Controller 3D Printing For Yuneec Typhoon H480 Rocker HM

Later Tom

Just received. Like it. I thought a single order included 2 items, but it does not. Ordering 2 more to have one as a spare. Really seems to help in fpv flying where touch and feel is everything. Thank you for the solution!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro