Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

steady grip ?

johnnyb57

Lost in Space
Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone have any tips/work arounds to get the wi-fi to connect l have a samsung galaxy s7 ?

Hmmm....well, I came here expecting @Ty Pilot ’s little device......

I don’t know for sure what you’re asking....BUT....I connected wi-fi on my ST16 at the OS level. Then everything else just “worked”. Meaning, hit the little back arrow to get to the OS screen, select the “Settings” app and setup wi-fi in there. Once it’s connected there, hit the “House” button and go back to the flight app.

If you’re trying to use the S7 as a hotspot....I’m an Apple guy so don’t know....setup the S7 to be an active hotspot and then connect as above. I’ve done that in the field once with my ST16 and iPhone XS Max, just to see if it’d work.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I guess you are talking about the CG03 in combination with the steady grip, right?

Connection should be straight forward. You open the wifi settings and simply connect to the camera as if it was a router or hotspot. Password is 1234567890 if it has not been changed. Afterwards you can open the CGO app and see the image.

In case there are any other difficulties please let us know.

I don’t know for sure what you’re asking....BUT....I connected wi-fi on my ST16 at the OS level. Then everything else just “worked”. Meaning, hit the little back arrow to get to the OS screen, select the “Settings” app and setup wi-fi in there. Once it’s connected there, hit the “House” button and go back to the flight app.

If you’re trying to use the S7 as a hotspot....I’m an Apple guy so don’t know....setup the S7 to be an active hotspot and then connect as above. I’ve done that in the field once with my ST16 and iPhone XS Max, just to see if it’d work.
Thax fred, my problem is getting the steady grip's wi-fi to connect to my phone, when l add the network cgo3 it says out of range then the green light changes to flashing red ? One time l got the green light on the camera but no picture on my phone ? I'll get it with alot of help ?

I guess you are talking about the CG03 in combination with the steady grip, right?

Connection should be straight forward. You open the wifi settings and simply connect to the camera as if it was a router or hotspot. Password is 1234567890 if it has not been changed. Afterwards you can open the CGO app and see the image.

In case there are any other difficulties please let us know.
Did you get the light thing on real sense ?

Ahh, okay. Now that I’ve had a couple cups o’ joe and am more awake.....and sorted the “steady” devices.....

You're talking about that pistol grip thingy that holds the CGO3 camera and your phone.....sorry but I can’t help with that.

I haven’t tried the RS lately....honestly I just don’t use it.

On a Android phone go to the Play Store and D/L the CGO App. Install it.. then when you have the camera turned on with the Steady Grip, have the app search for the camera.

Did you get the light thing on real sense ?
Yes, I never noticed any lights on it. But I do not have the plus myself. On the normal H I did not notice any other light than the big status LED.

I haven’t tried the RS lately....honestly I just don’t use it.
Me too. It is a nice idea, works but actually it is not necessary at all.

Thax fred, my problem is getting the steady grip's wi-fi to connect to my phone, when l add the network cgo3 it says out of range then the green light changes to flashing red ? One time l got the green light on the camera but no picture on my phone ? I'll get it with alot of help ?
Very unuasual behaviour. Which steady grip version do you have? The one with the LiPo battery or the one with eight AA batteries? I noticed that weak batteries sometimes cause problems. In my case the gimbal was working but the camera showed a red light. Connection was impossible as well. I found that the NiMH batteries were to weak to handle even that tiny load. Maybe it is something similar with yours.

Yes, I never noticed any lights on it. But I do not have the plus myself. On the normal H I did not notice any other light than the big status LED.

Me too. It is a nice idea, works but actually it is not necessary at all.

Very unuasual behaviour. Which steady grip version do you have? The one with the LiPo battery or the one with eight AA batteries? I noticed that weak batteries sometimes cause problems. In my case the gimbal was working but the camera showed a red light. Connection was impossible as well. I found that the NiMH batteries were to weak to handle even that tiny load. Maybe it is something similar with yours.
Thanx, could be a battery thing was using 8 new batteries, but someone said they had to be the rechargeable ones, so l just bought the high output rechargeable AA's, 2800mah with charger ?

Last edited:
Thanx, could be a battery thing was using 8 new batteries, but someone said they had to be the rechargeable ones, so l just bought the high output rechargeable AA's, 2800mah with charger ?

It is written on the lid to use rechargeable batteries only. Maybe because the voltage of alkaline batteries is to high? I did use batteries in the past and they worked just fine so it might also be for environmental reasons only.

If changing the batteries does not help, there are two buttons close to the SD slot. They can be used to perform a reset of the camera. Maybe this will help.

It is written on the lid to use rechargeable batteries only. Maybe because the voltage of alkaline batteries is to high? I did use batteries in the past and they worked just fine so it might also be for environmental reasons only.

If changing the batteries does not help, there are two buttons close to the SD slot. They can be used to perform a reset of the camera. Maybe this will help.
I reconnected the cgo3+ back on the bird and alls well ? I'll see what happens, and go from there ?

Can you connect to the camera with the CGO app with it on the aircraft and powered up?

I have no problems with the iOS version of the CGO app, but the Android version pukes every time I try connecting to the camera.

I have no problems with the iOS version of the CGO app, but the Android version pukes every time I try connecting to the camera.
Interesting, I am using the Android version I do not have any problems. But I am establishing the connection outside of the app.

Interesting, I am using the Android version I do not have any problems. But I am establishing the connection outside of the app.
That is right. The connection had to be made in the Android WiFi settings, but when the app is started it briefly shows the video feed then goes to the Google Eyes @^@. This is using the latest version of the app on an Amazon Fire 7 tablet.

Reactions: Merlin 61
Can you connect to the camera with the CGO app with it on the aircraft and powered up?

Not sure, will try

Not sure, will try
Ok that worked, first the app said connect your camera, then it said connected to an unknown ssid, which l had seen that awhile back but l guess l didnt wait long enough for the picture, so l'll try again ?

That is right. The connection had to be made in the Android WiFi settings, but when the app is started it briefly shows the video feed then goes to the Google Eyes @^@. This is using the latest version of the app on an Amazon Fire 7 tablet.
I can't find the App for my Fire 7? where is it?

Ah yes the Steady drive device.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guardianangelstowing