Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Stitching a Panorama

Reaction score
I have taken a couple of nice panoramic shot now using my TH but still need to learn to stitch them into 360* picture. I have Adobe photoshop cs-2017 but can't seem to find a tutorial that shows me how to do it. Does anybody have a link they could share with me?

Hello RiverRunner, can you please tell me if the creation of this final image is only viewable uploaded to facebook and/or cell VR? Is there any other way to view it on pc? Thanks.

Hello RiverRunner, can you please tell me if the creation of this final image is only viewable uploaded to facebook and/or cell VR? Is there any other way to view it on pc? Thanks.

Depending on the software you use you can save it to a HTML page, viewable in every browser.

Cheers!

RiverRunner,

Just curious if you have had any success using Photoshop for the whole production. That is, stitching your images together with PS instead of ICE.

I have tried Photoshop with less than usable results but admittedly have not spent much time to do it right.

Seeing you start with Microsoft Image Composite Editor, and only using Photoshop to adjust and resize got me wondering why.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Jeff

Is my post any use to you?

360 Panoramic Photos

I followed your tutorial, thanks for posting that.

In the first pano I used ICE and Paint.net just as you discribed. Tried it three times (with same set of photos) to try rule out mistakes on my part. Best result was rubbish that is shown.

Second pano was paid program with noob-interface few clicks and perfect (no, I am no shareholder... :) )
PT GUI worked fine too, but is bit more expensive.

Cheers!

I have about 5 stitching programs. All but Ptgui are paid-for, I think I did pay for PTGui. Yes, had trial and then bought. It's my preferred and by far the fastest. Sometimes, not often, you get MORE than you paid for.

ICE worked for me and it's free.
I used ice and it worked for me fine. To get it to work in Facebook I had to change the camera type in the metadata (Exif?) I changed camera type to Ricoh and model to Ricoh H (I think, it's been awhile)

I did have to edit the image size as I recall, Gimp worked for that.

I used ice and it worked for me fine. To get it to work in Facebook I had to change the camera type in the metadata (Exif?) I changed camera type to Ricoh and model to Ricoh H (I think, it's been awhile)

I did have to edit the image size as I recall, Gimp worked for that.

Oddly I also followed the cool tutorial using ICE, paint.net. Lousy result as stated before, streets appeared that are not there, three churches instead of just one etcetera.
Tried it three times using same picture set, doing it all over again. Three times same notsogood results.

Cheers!

Anyone uses a mac app to stitch pictures? There is something like Microsoft ICE
to do that for mac OS X? Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy