Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Tested and Impressed?

I had the same thing happen when I suddenly lost video and flight control at what should have been a safe distance out. The ST16 was still ON but had switched to the Systems Settings screen. I engaged the RTH switch. The TH flew back to me at the preset RTH height and started descending. When I finally figured out that I needed to return to the flight control screen, I was able to manually land safely, but still no video. Rebooted TH and ST16, everything back to normal. The fault had occurred while I was adjusting the white balance during the flight. That might have been a coincidence but it didn't feel that way. There's actually a 3-1/2 minute gap in the telemetry file while it was returning to overhead!

Are you saying you are infallible and could not have possibly bumped a button with a finger or knuckle while adjusting W/B? FYI, that's exactly what I was doing when I put mine in Pad mode. The part people leave out is where they tapped the yes button before the screen went to another mode...

I should mention that I did this before I had become familiar with the ST-16, and pushed yes to accept the mode change without realizing what I was accepting, and was totally unaware that I had accidentally pressed the Pad button when adjusting the camera. I doubt I have been the only one to make that mistake.

Last edited:
Are you saying you are infallible and could not have possibly bumped a button with a finger or knuckle while adjusting W/B? FYI, that's exactly what I was doing when I put mine in Pad mode. The part people leave out is where they tapped the yes button before the screen went to another mode...
You're probably right about touching something with one of my other fingers while fiddling with white balance. Nothing else seems to make sense. But, if I touched the Systems Settings button, it would have been pretty stupid of me to then answer YES to the WARNING!!! message. With more that a year of experience with this system, I have trouble accepting that (I'll bet you do too). Since I know that recovery is possible, I'll try to duplicate the experience at my favorite local safe flying site.

I hear what you're saying. I've accidentally pressed buttons many times since then but learned with the first one to first read the question asked, which typically receives a "cancel" reply.

I should mention that I did this before I had become familiar with the ST-16, and pushed yes to accept the mode change without realizing what I was accepting, and was totally unaware that I had accidentally pressed the Pad button when adjusting the camera. I doubt I have been the only one to make that mistake.
Yep. In one of my very early TH flights I came out of the flight app. I tapped the 'yes'. At the time the THs RTH height was set at 10m. Since the aircraft was already at about 10m it just started coming back to me. I quickly figured out what I'd done and recovered control but for a few seconds there I was wide mouthed.

Well, there's comfort in hearing from a couple of the most respected folks on this forum who have done the same thing that I probably did. Moral of the story: don't answer YES to a WARNING box that takes you out of the flight control screen while flying!
Thanks for sharing.

Well, there's comfort in hearing from a couple of the most respected folks on this forum who have done the same thing that I probably did. Moral of the story: don't answer YES to a WARNING box that takes you out of the flight control screen while flying!
Thanks for sharing.
The person who NEVER makes a mistake when flying a UAV just isn't flying a UAV. We all make mistakes, the trick is learning from those mistakes.

Reactions: Rayray and PatR
I have owned my H for several months and now i am preparing for my PfCO flight test i needed to truly test the capabilities of the aircraft in the event of emergencies.

Non-GPS Flight:
A noticable difference in flight characteristics, but more than an emjoyable and capable flight.

Return to Home - GPS:
The H returns home exactly as intended. It rises to the specified height, returns home, drops the legs, lands and turns off.

Switch off ST-16:
I was seriously worried about this...i flew the H about 50m away and at a height of about 10m. Turned the ST-16 off and within about 5 seconds the H turned to face me and rose to 20m. It then flew home, dropped the legs and hovered. I switched the ST-16 back on, regained control and landed the aircraft. It was a shame it didnt land itself, but it did at least come back.

RTH in non-GPS mode:
I flew the H in non-GPS mode to a distance of about 150m and clicked RTH. The H did nothing apart from drift because of the lack of GPS. I turned GPS on and clicked to RTH again and the H rose to 20m and came home, landing safely.

I felt it was important to know what happens when and my confidence is 100 percent in the H. Those who claim fly-aways may benefit from knowing the procedures and relaxing...they work!

Hope this post helps someone.

I do quite a bit of flying over the sea.
I'm VERY happy that it doesn't just come back and land.
Coming back to the hover would allow a boat to position correctly underneath and not just ditch into the sea.

Just my opinion.

Jim

Reactions: Haydn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axel66