Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H battery

I've just got home after flight testing that Gifi. Over twenty minutes in the air landing at 14.4v. I'm a happy bunny.

I've been putting a video together for the flight test. I've already shot the 'talking head' bit. After I've updated my logbook I'll slot in some footage from the actual test and after it's uploaded I'll post it in the video & pictures bit of the forum. That'll prolly be this evening. :)
Which seller was it on Amazon and was it the large capacity one?

Which seller was it on Amazon and was it the large capacity one?
Its the 8050mAh battery. Just looked on Amazon but the listing has gone. When I ordered it there were just 5 left in stock. Looks like they've sold out.

Price paid was £81.43 which included a £2.52 promotional reduction. The original price was £83.95. The seller was called CamKpell, based in China.

However, there's plenty of other sellers of Gifi batteries on Amazon U.K. at various prices so if you are looking for one you'll have no problems.

Its the 8050mAh battery. Just looked on Amazon but the listing has gone. When I ordered it there were just 5 left in stock. Looks like they've sold out.

Price paid was £81.43 which included a £2.52 promotional reduction. The original price was £83.95. The seller was called CamKpell, based in China.

However, there's plenty of other sellers of Gifi batteries on Amazon U.K. at various prices so if you are looking for one you'll have no problems.
I'm OK at the moment, I'll be a battery junkie if I get anymore!

Reactions: FlushVision
I've just got home after flight testing that Gifi. Over twenty minutes in the air landing at 14.4v. I'm a happy bunny.

I've been putting a video together for the flight test. I've already shot the 'talking head' bit. After I've updated my logbook I'll slot in some footage from the actual test and after it's uploaded I'll post it in the video & pictures bit of the forum. That'll prolly be this evening. :)
Video from my flight test here Gifi 8050mAh Battery Test

Keep us posted over the next few flights, Will be interesting to see how it performs.
Yes. Weather looks like it'll be bad this next few days, but picking up for weekend. I may get an opportunity to fly on Friday but if not it'll be next week.

For the U.S. folks on a battery quest, Amazon is listing both the UltraX 6300 and GiFi 8050 batteries as Prime qualified, which implies they are available and ready to ship as soon as you order.

Amazon.com: Ultrax Yuneec Typhoon H 4S 6300mAh 14.8V 93.2Wh LiPo Intelligent Flight Battery Replacement for Yuneec Typhoon H 4K Camera Drone - Black: Toys & Games

Amazon.com: MaximalPower 8050mAh 14.8V Replacement Lipo Battery 4S for Yuneec Typhoon H Drone: Toys & Games
That's not fair teasing us over here. But hang on!

Attachments

• 15686685707532934351452576042790.jpg
    15686685707532934351452576042790.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 17
I would like to get a hold of the gifi 8050. However I am using h520 with a modified e50 now ecgo3+. the venom h520 is close to gifi 8050 capacity got me to 29min 24 sec. If the venom gets me that much air time like to see what gifi 8050 will get me. same mod h480 ultra x got me solid 25 min flight time instead of the usual 19 to 20 min. Again this is h520 being used. I need new props to get my h480 back in the air.

Just in case your interested?
Ahh! They're back! I didn't expect that.

Now I'm in a dilemma. Do I order another Gifi 8050? The one I have now has exceeded my expectations. Do I cancel that order I still have outstanding at Jessops? That one is a couple of pounds cheaper but are they gonna get a restock. The one on Yuneec's web site is a penny short of £93.00 but I suspect that there will be a delivery charge on top.

Because I've been so impressed with the Gifi I was tempted to have another one, but with Yuneec getting a re-stock I just don't know what to do now. I suppose first things first I'll give Jessops a ring tomorrow and see what they've gotta say. If they get a re-stock then I'll get a battery at less than £90 free delivery. Ok, only a few pounds saving, but that few pounds is better in my pocket than the pocket ofsomeone else.

All my older Power 4 batteries are now showing signs of age. All of them are well over 3 years old with loads of power cycles on them and I'm struggling to get much more than 12 minutes of flight out of them landing at 14.5v (although the average Internal Resistance on them still isn't too high). I was thinking of gradually replacing them over the next several months with Gifi batteries as my funds would allow. Now I'm gonna have to think again. Not gonna think too long, though. They ain't gonna be in stock for ever.

Now I'm in a dilemma. Do I order another Gifi 8050? The one I have now has exceeded my expectations. Do I cancel that order I still have outstanding at Jessops? That one is a couple of pounds cheaper but are they gonna get a restock. The one on Yuneec's web site is a penny short of £93.00 but I suspect that there will be a delivery charge on top.

Because I've been so impressed with the Gifi I was tempted to have another one, but with Yuneec getting a re-stock I just don't know what to do now. I suppose first things first I'll give Jessops a ring tomorrow and see what they've gotta say. If they get a re-stock then I'll get a battery at less than £90 free delivery. Ok, only a few pounds saving, but that few pounds is better in my pocket than the pocket ofsomeone else.

All my older Power 4 batteries are now showing signs of age. All of them are well over 3 years old with loads of power cycles on them and I'm struggling to get much more than 12 minutes of flight out of them landing at 14.5v (although the average Internal Resistance on them still isn't too high). I was thinking of gradually replacing them over the next several months with Gifi batteries as my funds would allow. Now I'm gonna have to think again. Not gonna think too long, though. They ain't gonna be in stock for ever.
The only thing I can say is there have been mixed reviews on the GiFi not saying there all bad, but there have been mixed too for Ultrax and other 3rd party batteries, I've never seen a poor review for a power 4 yet, but perhaps I've not been looking enough? I stand corrected if there are.

The website has had a refresh. The Typhoon H model has disappeared only spares section now, the biggest indication that it's called time on the H480.

The only thing I can say is there have been mixed reviews on the GiFi not saying there all bad, but there have been mixed too for Ultrax and other 3rd party batteries, I've never seen a poor review for a power 4 yet, but perhaps I've not been looking enough? I stand corrected if there are.
Same here. I too have seen mixed reviews on both the Gifi and Ultrax (and others) but not come across anything too bad on the Power 4.

It was with those mixed reviews in mind that made me a bit skeptical about acquiring a Gifi and if Power 4 batteries had been available at the time I wouldn't have got a Gifi. I got what looks like a good one, but maybe I just got lucky? I still need at least a couple more batteries and was thinking risking getting more gifis...but now do I just go for the 'trusted' [sic] Power 4's instead?

Decisions...decisions.

When I use to have my Q500 I had 4 gifi batteries and I had 1 give me a malfunction which caused the Q to take a drop when I pulled the battery it was swallen definitely not like that before I put it in gifi would not exchange under warranty so when I bought my H will only use yuneec batteries just easier to get a warranty if it happened again

When I use to have my Q500 I had 4 gifi batteries and I had 1 give me a malfunction which caused the Q to take a drop when I pulled the battery it was swallen definitely not like that before I put it in gifi would not exchange under warranty so when I bought my H will only use yuneec batteries just easier to get a warranty if it happened again
Today, I have been going through my logbook covering details of all my flight times over the last 3 and a third years (since I got my TH) looking for any trends that I can identify...how my flight times have been declining over time. All my Power 4 batteries (the Yuneec brand) have shown a decline in performance over that time but they all show consistency when viewed alongside the respective weather data: Cold windy days I get less...warm and still days I get more. But, on average, I can see a steady decline which is to be expected as they age. The point is that the decline has been steady...no sudden surprises. I can't point to any time during that 3 and a bit years where I can see a sudden noticeable change...no sudden downward step change.

My conclusion is that if nothing else, Power 4 batteries are predicable as far as these sorts of batteries can be predictable. I do not have anything like the comprehensive data relating to any other battery brand targeted at the TH as I do with Power 4 batteries (I do have similar data for the Phantom 2 smart batteries but that is an entirely different battery design) since I have only 3 flights on record so far using the Gifi battery. I like my Gifi battery and, so far, it is performing well. But I don't have any historical data to show that Gifi perform any better or worse than Power 4 batteries. So far, my new gifi is performing at least as good as I have ever seen from my Power 4's...but will that last? Will it go tits up on it's tenth flight? I have no idea.

Better the devil I know???

Today, I have been going through my logbook covering details of all my flight times over the last 3 and a third years (since I got my TH) looking for any trends that I can identify...how my flight times have been declining over time. All my Power 4 batteries (the Yuneec brand) have shown a decline in performance over that time but they all show consistency when viewed alongside the respective weather data: Cold windy days I get less...warm and still days I get more. But, on average, I can see a steady decline which is to be expected as they age. The point is that the decline has been steady...no sudden surprises. I can't point to any time during that 3 and a bit years where I can see a sudden noticeable change...no sudden downward step change.

My conclusion is that if nothing else, Power 4 batteries are predicable as far as these sorts of batteries can be predictable. I do not have anything like the comprehensive data relating to any other battery brand targeted at the TH as I do with Power 4 batteries (I do have similar data for the Phantom 2 smart batteries but that is an entirely different battery design) since I have only 3 flights on record so far using the Gifi battery. I like my Gifi battery and, so far, it is performing well. But I don't have any historical data to show that Gifi perform any better or worse than Power 4 batteries. So far, my new gifi is performing at least as good as I have ever seen from my Power 4's...but will that last? Will it go tits up on it's tenth flight? I have no idea.

Better the devil I know???
A new box but still pretty old 2017!

Attachments

• IMAG1519.jpg
    IMAG1519.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
Yes yesterday. IR still in single figures, very closely matched. They seem to beselling quickly. The box use to be a brown plain box, so I don't know why the new fancy one?
Typical bad weather forecast for days!
Well, I just got an email from Jessops saying that: '...This order has now been fulfilled and is waiting to be dispatched, however, it appears the pre-authorisation for your order has expired and needs to be reprocessed. Could you please contact us on 0344 800 4444 within the next 7 days.'

Not surprising that my authorization has expired since it was something like 10th June when I placed the order. I'll give them a ring later today or Monday to re-authorize.

Edit: Looks like Wednesday next week before we will get weather good enough for flying. Just as well: I'm busy doing other stuff Monday. Tuesday my car is in having some scuff marks removed, so It'll be Wednesday anyway before I can have a fly.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manalitourpackage