Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. Home inspector pilot

The last two flights I have flown, my TH will not stay in hover. It drifts around in all directions requiring input from controller to keep in one spot. Anybody else experiencing this?

2. OnTheRopes

3. Photo

Sure! First acceloromter calibr. then compass, Solve this issue for me.

4. Home inspector pilot

Have not since the first time i took it out of the box. Will do that today!

5. FlushVision

Yes, re calibrate. You should always do that if you notice any odd drifting around behavior as a first attempt to solve the issue.

Where did you do your first calibration? Far away from buildings/steel work etc?

6. Dragonflyerthom

The calibration issue has been debated to death. I think you need to calibrate the accelerometer. If it's not flying away then compass is probably ok. TH is heavily GPS controlled.

7. Art-Tistic

Maybe its time some of these common issues were made sticky??? just a random thought from the peanut gallery....cause common sense aint so common!

banned user likes this.
  8. Home inspector pilot

First calibration was in the middle of a parking lot away from building and away from my cell phone. Thanks for the input

9. Photo

Remember that if you do hard/bouncing landings you might have to recalibrate.

10. FlushVision

Well, re calibrate. Don't forget the accelerometer calibration too. That should solve it.

11. Home inspector pilot

Being a helicopter pilot as well as a drone pilot, I am very aware of hard landings and bounces - so I have made sure that I don't bounce the drone off the ground as I'm still trying to figure out just how sturdy it is. Too much money invested to bounce it off the ground.

12. Dragonflyerthom

Guess we are blessed to have a compass, barometric sensor, GPS, and dedicated camera. Means there're lots that can go wrong. HIP you don't know or maybe don't care but we have a bunch of PPLs rotary pilots on here. The videos here are much better, we don't haf to take a door off to take a great picture.

#12 Dragonflyerthom, Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    banned user likes this.
  13. Sparkorc

I've noticed my H slightly veers/drifts to the right when going forward but keeps a straight line when coming backwards, I'm not sure of the cause but I need to balance the props so I can rule out that variable, when I checked them they are out of balance as others have noticed, I also noted one prop was 1 gram heavier that the others, now as it was supplied complete with ten props in a bag Its quite possible by now I have used every prop in the bag at sometime so the one heavier prop is more than likely been fitted at sometime, so I'm not expecting this is the likely cause of the slight veer/drift to the right, any suggestions appreciated.

14. Dragonflyerthom

Sparkorc sometimes we inadvertently push the right cyclic off centerline. Pay attention next time you fly. Fly safe.

15. banned user

Who is the mod on here anyway?

16. Home inspector pilot

Sorry for the delay in posting this - but re-calibration took care of the issue. It does not drift anymore.

17. archie

is there any order in which you calibrate ..... or does it not matter ... and while I am asking how often .. thanks in advance

18. Home inspector pilot

I did the compass first, then the accelerometer, then the camera gimbal. It was only the second time i have done this (first being when I unpacked the unit at initial shipment). I would say that I will do this on a monthly basis just to keep the unit in calibration.