Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H gimbal

Reaction score
I just received my typhoon H and I took off the gimbal to look at it and noticed that the back left and front right rubber pieces ( not sure what they are called ) towards the top are not all the way in on the gimbal and was wondering if that is supposed to be like that or not, I have no clue, I don't want the gimbal to be messed up so I came here hoping someone can tell me if this is what it is supposed to be like or not. I attached this picture to show what I am talking about, if you can see in the picture the left rubber piece is sort of sticking out of the hole, not in like the others.
IMG_20170612_175621.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170517_234005.jpg
    IMG_20170517_234005.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
All 4 should go through on both ends just past the first retainer or rib. Then one front, and one rear will have a pin with a washer ( plastic ) holding it in place.

Mine came that way as well, I have heard of a few different ways of putting them back on. I used a toothpick to get mine back into place. Another post here advised on using fishing string to get id through.

All 4 should go through on both ends just past the first retainer or rib. Then one front, and one rear will have a pin with a washer ( plastic ) holding it in place.
I see the two that have a washer holding them in place.. but the other two diagonal pieces are completely out and I can see it clearly, do you know how to make them go through the holes?

Mine came that way as well, I have heard of a few different ways of putting them back on. I used a toothpick to get mine back into place. Another post here advised on using fishing string to get id through.
I don't even see how to go about putting the two that are out, back in. The flat part that is above the hole has a larger diameter than the actual hole it should be in, so how should I put that back into the hole itself?

The lip you are seeing toward the camera side should go just inside the base, then it will look like the others. They are very pliable, you just dont want to tear them when reseating.

The lip you are seeing toward the camera side should go just inside the base, then it will look like the others. They are very pliable, you just dont want to tear them when reseating.
Okay, so how do I put the lips back into the hole? I have no clue of how to even do that.

Squeeze the tip with a tweezer/ thin nose pliers etc and gradually push in the squeezed side with the round sides of a safety pin/ clip. I suggest you start with the farther side first.

Reactions: Robert Brooks
Thats were I used the toothpick to gently start the lip in the bottom piece and work around until it is all the way in.

Thats were I used the toothpick to gently start the lip in the bottom piece and work around until it is all the way in.
So if this clears things up the rubber pieces that are out are connected to the top part of the gimbal but not to the bottom piece that it should be. So how do I make the lip small enough to fit through the hole of the bottom part?

Don't panic, try touching them, man!

They are soft and flexible, they will fold, they will easily pass back through the holes again when deformed enough to fit through the holes. Since you have the gimbal off the aircraft, take a moment and remove the top cover on the gimbal shown at the top of your photo. Look at it closely, you can lift the front and back edges away from the gimbal with your fingernail or a small, flat blade screw driver just enough to let it pop free of the gimbal. Doing this will let you see how the anti vibration balls/vibration dampers (that's what they are called) fit at the holes and assure they are all in place.

For reference purposes, only two vibration balls have pins running through them. Do not try to remove them. Do not become alarmed because you only have two of them. Two is the correct number. Once you discover how pliable the rubber flange is, just think about it for a minute and with any luck you'll figure out that you can cram the flanges through the holes a little at a time or slip 1/3 to 1/2 of a flange through the holes and work the other side through. Just don't use anything sharp and pointy to do the pushing.

What you have is an example of how our expensive purchases are treated by freight carriers. The way the box was tossed and kicked around was far in excess of what the packaging could protect things from. However, the design of the vibration system is such that only a minor disturbance of the parts fit occurred. Everything will work fine once they are re-fit.

Don't panic, try touching them, man!

They are soft and flexible, they will fold, they will easily pass back through the holes again when deformed enough to fit through the holes. Since you have the gimbal off the aircraft, take a moment and remove the top cover on the gimbal shown at the top of your photo. Look at it closely, you can lift the front and back edges away from the gimbal with your fingernail or a small, flat blade screw driver just enough to let it pop free of the gimbal. Doing this will let you see how the anti vibration balls/vibration dampers (that's what they are called) fit at the holes and assure they are all in place.

For reference purposes, only two vibration balls have pins running through them. Do not try to remove them. Do not become alarmed because you only have two of them. Two is the correct number. Once you discover how pliable the rubber flange is, just think about it for a minute and with any luck you'll figure out that you can cram the flanges through the holes a little at a time or slip 1/3 to 1/2 of a flange through the holes and work the other side through. Just don't use anything sharp and pointy to do the pushing.

What you have is an example of how our expensive purchases are treated by freight carriers. The way the box was tossed and kicked around was far in excess of what the packaging could protect things from. However, the design of the vibration system is such that only a minor disturbance of the parts fit occurred. Everything will work fine once they are re-fit.
How do I remove the top part of the gimbal? I don't see where I can lift it from the entire gimbal, it seems to be securely connected with the bottom piece.

They are not saying "remove the top part of the gimbal." You are removing a snap-on plastic cover off the top part of the gimbal. It covers all four mounting holes and simply snaps on and off. When I reseated the damper ends on my H, I wound a piece of dental floss around under the rubber flange on the damper, and used the floss to pull the end through the hole.

They are not saying "remove the top part of the gimbal." You are removing a snap-on plastic cover off the top part of the gimbal. It covers all four mounting holes and simply snaps on and off. When I reseated the damper ends on my H, I wound a piece of dental floss around under the rubber flange on the damper, and used the floss to pull the end through the hole.
Yeah, fortunately I figured that out after looking around it for a few minutes. I just gone done talking to Pat and he helped me figure out how to get the anti vibration balls through the bottom part, I pinched the lip of it and pushed it through then just rotated it till it went all the way through so everything on my gimbal is all set to go, also thanks for replying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bancadoithuongads