Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H question.

Reaction score
Hi, purchasing a Typhoon H this weekend . I wanted to tether the S16 via HDMI to my television the same way you would goggles. My question is, can I still control the drone outside while I and the controller sit comfortably in the living room ? Thanks.

Hi, purchasing a Typhoon H this weekend . I wanted to tether the S16 via HDMI to my television the same way you would goggles. My question is, can I still control the drone outside while I and the controller sit comfortably in the living room ? Thanks.

Not really. The ST-16 needs to have GPS lock to control the Typhoon, and at best that's unreliable indoors.

Reactions: abinder
hiya fellas
just got the h pro yesterday have the compass cal left to do this morning when daybreak hits
just wondering its gonna be a bit blustery 5- to 20 in winds is that gonna be hard to fly?
my first drone but have flown helis and planes before so i always picked 5 to none in wind speeds
also will this affect battery drain in windy days

hiya fellas
just got the h pro yesterday have the compass cal left to do this morning when daybreak hits
just wondering its gonna be a bit blustery 5- to 20 in winds is that gonna be hard to fly?
my first drone but have flown helis and planes before so i always picked 5 to none in wind speeds
also will this affect battery drain in windy days
Wind always affects battery life. I'm comfortable with my H in winds between 10-15 for close work. It's gusts that pose the most issues so anything gusting above 15 I caution towards staying grounded. I've tempted the fates more than once with various quads over the years and and lost to the wind when batteries got low.

The H will handle those winds just fine but you do need to recognize that winds impacts flight time. If you have not flown before you should wait for a calmer day to get some flights in to develop a "feel" for flight time under low wind conditions in order to understand the time adjustments you will have to make in more blustery conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Casey,
You will not like my answer, but NO.
How can you be inside controlling something outside you can not see?
Also you would have to fly with out the aid of a GPS. Line of sight means you can see the aircraft at all times with your own eyes.

Reactions: Daemon1
Casey,
You will not like my answer, but NO.
How can you be inside controlling something outside you can not see?
Also you would have to fly with out the aid of a GPS. Line of sight means you can see the aircraft at all times with your own eyes.

Casey is surely a good and intelligent guy, but, a question like this is revealing the main problem the advanced drone community is dealing with right now. Where i live, we had numerous reports of horrible ''accidents'' involving drones (all caused by ignorance and, sometimes, by stupidity). Anybody can kick out 1000 $ for a ''ready to fly out of the box'' drone from best buy at any time. Im not against the fact that we all want to play with the newest toys, but the Typhoon H is far from being a user friendly machine. The TH is, in my opinion, way too powerful, complicated and and potentially destructive for a beginner. Im living in a small town, drones are somethings peoples are afraid of now, i just hope i will fly safe in the future without having to hide before launching my beloved TH in the sky. Well see...

Last edited:
I'm one that agrees with you. Because someone can afford to buy one does not imply they have the judgement and intelligence necessary to operate one responsibly. I believe there should be pre-qualifiers established that people should have to meet prior to operating one of these things. The qualifiers would become increasingly more stringent as class of aircraft increased.

Too many view them as toys when in fact they are far more than that when airborne. The are basically kinetic energy equal to mass x velocity squared, ready to drop from the sky on an unsuspecting public without any notice. Those that fail to recognize that are a danger to all.

Reactions: Daemon1
Not really. The ST-16 needs to have GPS lock to control the Typhoon, and at best that's unreliable indoors.
I thought the GPS on the controller is only needed for following or dynamic return to home. The H has its own GPS to hold position. Range would certainly be affected as the radio signal would be somewhat obstructed.

I thought the GPS on the controller is only needed for following or dynamic return to home. The H has its own GPS to hold position. Range would certainly be affected as the radio signal would be somewhat obstructed.

You also have to realize that you being indoors and the craft outdoors basically puts a building between you and the craft; not a good scenario.

The command and control link cannot see through walls or even dense foliage. The customer concept of sitting is n the living room, flying your UAV, and watching what's happening on the television is simply asinine.

I'm one that agrees with you. Because someone can afford to buy one does not imply they have the judgement and intelligence necessary to operate one responsibly. I believe there should be pre-qualifiers established that people should have to meet prior to operating one of these things. The qualifiers would become increasingly more stringent as class of aircraft increased.

Too many view them as toys when in fact they are far more than that when airborne. The are basically kinetic energy equal to mass x velocity squared, ready to drop from the sky on an unsuspecting public without any notice. Those that fail to recognize that are a danger to all.

Indeed.

wow, totally out of range. you sure youre on the right thread ?

An interesting post from a morning at 4 AM. I see you drew some skepticism, but I also think I have a solution for you, Casey. Very simple: call Yuneec and explain to them what you wish to do. I looked through the manual but could not find that scenerio.

Yuneec, being unique, is certainly open to hearing more ways to intelligently use their drones. Kindly report back with their answer
Thanks.

Yes you can...All you have to do is download the flight simulator and you can fly the Typhoon H from you living room all you want...Then make sure you sell your actual Typhoon H asap before you hurt somebody.....

Reactions: BobW55
You'll find the need to keep an eye on your drone, plus a lot of obstructions could prevent you from getting a GPS lock. Even if you could attach antenna to the roof of your van while sitting comfortably inside watching your video feed on a large screen, most of the time you'll be out of the van to keep a visual. Limiting your view to the video feed is not always wise.

does anyone else have a typhoon h with what looks like external antennas from the factory?
You dont mean the bare (sheilded) wires of the receivers but small metal tubes meant to contain the wires? If that is what you are referring to then yes my model (ordered early this month) has it. These small tubes are angled down parallel to the landing gear.

You dont mean the bare (sheilded) wires of the receivers but small metal tubes meant to contain the wires? If that is what you are referring to then yes my model (ordered early this month) has it. These small tubes are angled down parallel to the landing gear.
Yes was just wondering when they went to this for all the other typhoon h drones I see don't have them in the pics they post

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apalomba