Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H take off launch pad option

yeah ive got one coming in a couple of days !!

I just picked up the 5ft version today at Samys Camera in Culver City, CA.

Can't wait to try it out tomorrow.
(Guess I'll probably just use the 3ft version to travel with if I have to pack it in a suit case to fly on an airline.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 Ft Diameter Drone Launch Pad - HDLP (On backorder - you may still order this product) in Launch Pad
LOL!: 3-foot diam. pad: $79.99; 5-foot diam pad: $129.99; 8-foot diam. pad: $429.99 !! Must be lots of folks with lots of disposable income to spend this kind of money on orange plastic. :rolleyes:

Someone posted on here they spent about $208 for a printed rubber mat, so $129 for the 5ft version isn't that bad.
(And it's much more than "orange plastic" as you stated.)

Here is my simple solution, a car sun shade and added duck tape to each corner so I can use garden stake to secure it:

Zone Tech Nylon Windshield Magic Sunshade - Premium Quality Super Jumbo Nylon Reflective Car Magic Sunshade https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EIRAB78/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Qh7YxbGY5RJ6T

00f4a94b603bcc92055d66a39529d3ef.jpg
ae18ccbbce8482399bfef7c15864cb94.jpg

Thank folds up nicely!

Reactions: Cesar
If your gonna spend money on a launch/landing pad then maybe this works:

Yuneec Typhoon H Thick Rubber Landing Pad and Carrying Storage Handle

I did actually thought about getting one of these myself .... but I just can't justify the dollars :p.

Cheers :cool:

That's another alternative.

However, I've found that something with 3 ft or less of landing area isn't that easy to land on if you want to come down as slow as possible. The Typhoon H does have a tendency to wander a little when you're very close to the ground; probably due to ground effect with the rotor wash being generated and gets amplified when flying in wind.

Also, a larger landing area will cause less dust to be blown around and onto the craft when using a landing pad of around 5 ft.

Here is my simple solution, a car sun shade and added duck tape to each corner so I can use garden stake to secure it:

Zone Tech Nylon Windshield Magic Sunshade - Premium Quality Super Jumbo Nylon Reflective Car Magic Sunshade https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EIRAB78/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Qh7YxbGY5RJ6T

00f4a94b603bcc92055d66a39529d3ef.jpg
ae18ccbbce8482399bfef7c15864cb94.jpg

That's a nice alternative, but I fly in some area where it's rather hard to easily drive a stake into the ground and it's rather dusty. So this wouldn't work well for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cesar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy