Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon Q500 4k camera interchangeable with Q500 or Q500+ ?

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone on the forum would know if the camera that comes with the Q500 and Q500+ which is HD1080p will work with a Typhoon Q500 4k drone? And if so would it be just a swap and bind or would there have to be additional software installed on the ST10?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

I was wondering if anyone on the forum would know if the camera that comes with the Q500 and Q500+ which is HD1080p will work with a Typhoon Q500 4k drone? And if so would it be just a swap and bind or would there have to be additional software installed on the ST10?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Just a Swap and Bind, either the CGO2 or CGO2+ will work fine on your 4K Q with nothing additional needed.

I am confused. I am told that the gimbal board is married to the video board at the factory and you cannot just replace the gimbal board. Does this mean that the video board is in the camera and not the drone as I read? I could Install any camera (because the two boards in question are part of the camera) and I will be back in buisiness? Please forgive me if I sound ignorant but the info I got was the other board in question was part of the drone. They need to epoxy connector plugs, four of mine came loose when parking drone in tree from strong breeze. No crash involved, two vibration isolators came loose but mono-filament still secured camera to drone. Wires didn't reach extension but guess the braiding was too much for the poorly done soldering on the anchors. all sockets should be epoxied, if they were I wouldn't be typing this. Thanks for your help in clarifying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal