Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon remains into forced IPS mode

Reaction score
Hello Forum
My name is Ralph living in the Netherlands, and flying with an Typhoon H real sense, via "you tube" I put the typhoon into Forced IPS mode for indoor flying, can anyone tell how to get out of this mode, so I can fly outdoor
hopefully you can help me

Ralph, you haven't mentioned what you have tried. I would suggest turning on the GPS Mode while outside and restarting everything. Recalibrate the compass and accelerometer and see if that doesn't bring it back.

Hello
thanks for the reply
I have tried everything, as long the typhoon sees 0 sat it remais in IPS mode , this is ok, but the moment when it recieves 1 or 2 sat indoors it goes to "requires" and then I can't fly indoor anymore

Hello Forum
My name is Ralph living in the Netherlands, and flying with an Typhoon H real sense, via "you tube" I put the typhoon into Forced IPS mode for indoor flying, can anyone tell how to get out of this mode, so I can fly outdoor
hopefully you can help me

When you say you put the Typhoon into 'forced' IPS mode, can you explain further? My understanding is that IPS is an automatic function, not something we can initiate. So to get out of IPS mode; this happens automatically when the aircraft regains satellite connectivity once you get it outdoors. If you are trying to fly from a point inside a building to the outside, this process should happen automatically and seamlessly.

Hello
By holding the throttle stick doen and left and flip the smart /angle/rth switch 4 times in 3 seconds you will go to into the IPS mode

Curious how you found that out? I don't believe I have ever heard that, but then again I did not have RS on my 480 only on my H Plus. Perhaps it will take a similar set of steps to turn it off.

y holding the throttle stick doen and left and flip the smart /angle/rth switch 4 times in 3 seconds you will go to into the IPS mode
Curious how you found that out? I don't believe I have ever heard that, but then again I did not have RS on my 480 only on my H Plus. Perhaps it will take a similar set of steps to turn it off.
There is a YouTube video on this "Secret procedure". It works great, but you must re-start everything to get it to revert to normal. In my experience it works better than auto IPS mode, because in auto it will revert to GPS if it acquires many sats. In forced IPS mode, mine ignores sats because it is locked into IPS, like it's a test function. .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airconditionerservice