Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoons will not take off...

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my typhoon will not take off at all...GPS is connected, rotor is it starts up rotors turn but when I go to lift off nothing at all....Any suggestions.

The smart phone app B4UFLY will certainly show you if there is a nearby NFZ by using the "Map" in the app.

B4UFly is quick reference source. Skyvector.com is another.

Last edited:
Check your hardware monitor to see if left stick is sending proper signal. I just experienced this. I worked the stick and got response in rabbit mode. It’s dirt or oxidation at the contact I’m willing to bet.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Also, if you adjust the profile for the throttle stick you can break the link and it won't take off. . . Or is that the start button I am thinking of?

If you think that’s the case, then the ST needs a full reset. You must touch the appropriate channel on the right side to properly select the function to edit. You can link the sticks if your not careful. If you don’t hit save in the channel edit screen, your changes don’t hold. But touching the left side boxes first can link them and it’s not an edit so it stays.

Many of us have made custom flight curves and gimbal settings but channel swapping is not intuitive like on a real multichannel dedicated multi model RC radio. You’d think I could load an ST10 profile and use the ST16 to fly my Q500 since I’m guessing many of the channel assignments are the same. That’s the frustration of the aux button being non active when you can see it’s got a channel going back to the radio and you can’t assign it. GPS disable and enable would be amazing.

Are you in Angle or smart mode? Smart mode will not allow you to take off or use auto functions in certain areas, whereas Angle mode will. I honestly never would recommend anyone taking off in smart mode anyways, unless you are in an open field with the drone at least 20+ feet from you are anything. I only use smart mode for pre-programmed CCC routes Circle, or watch me/follow me. I'm a fan of the UAV Toolbox for my route planning, and has been reliable 100% of the time. The only issue with the UAV Toolbox would be if the programmer does not program correctly, not accounting for height of objects, or flight area to time a task is to be performed and the drone auto landing away from you, or into a lake/ river etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dubiousflyer