Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Undecided on Drone Purchase...Help!

Reaction score
I plan to buy a drone in a few weeks. I am looking at the Q500, Typhoon H or Typhoon H Pro. I mainly will use the drone for photography (still pics and video). I would like to transfer the pics to my laptop for editing. Any advice would be appreciated? Thank you!

Hello, I shoot professional Music Videos and Wedding videography/photography. So I need the best video/photo quality possible. I chose the Typhoon H Pro with Realsense and I am very happy with it. No complaints. The camera on the Typhoon H and Typhoon H Pro with Realsense uses the CGO3+ camera which will give you "much better" video and photo quality and resolution. The Q500 uses the "CGO3" camera which is 4K but still an older version camera. Check out Youtube to compare the difference.

As for performance: While the Q500 and the Typhoon H/Pro with Realsense are both great birds. The Typhoon H has a long list of new features that make it an excellent and "worthy upgrade" to the Q500. I've flown and raced several DJI drones and other drones. You can't go wrong with the Typhoon H.

As for which Typhoon H: Get the Typhoon H with Realsense only if you want that extra "piece of mind" to know your drone will navigate around objects to prevent crashes (trees and light poles etc). Again check out youtube to see for yourself. If not save some cash and get the regular Typhoon H. Yuneec makes dependable quality products so you can't go wrong either way.

As for editing your videos/pics on your laptop. As long as your laptop has enough RAM, storage space and CPU power to handle the large files you'll be fine. Hope that helps!! :)

Thank you SciFiGeek01 for the advice! It gets a bit confusing at some of the models with similar names. For example, I see the Yuneec Typhoon H UHD 4K Collision Avoidance Hexacopter and the Yuneed Typhoon H Pro with Intel RealSense Technology. I assume the Pro (RealSense) is more responsive from a 360 degree response.

I had looked at the Q500 for some time, but I had the inclination I would desire a more robust and responsive drone down the road. I try to research anything I buy prior to the purchase. I looked at DJI drones for a while. However, I use a Motorola Droid Turbo 2 as my mobile phone. I spoke with the DJI rep (on line). He stated my phone was not tested and may experience continuity issues.

Thank you for your feedback! Any other advice would be appreciated. I am looking at purchasing the accessories kit advertised on Amazon.

I sold my Q 500 + and bought the typhoon h drone. No regrets. The typhoon h has programmable flight paths , orbit mode , journey. Curved cable cam. Point of interest .better transmitter.

I sold my Q 500 + and bought the typhoon h drone. No regrets. The typhoon h has programmable flight paths , orbit mode , journey. Curved cable cam. Point of interest .better transmitter.

Thank you for the advice. Two types of Typhoon H drones? Does one have a better obstacle avoidance (i.e., H Pro)?

my typhoon h is the plain one , it has two round ports in the front,they work on sonar ,real sense has sonar on front and facing downward to avoid obstacle,s . In smart mode , my typhoon h stays 25 feet away from me. I like my features.

my typhoon h is the plain one , it has two round ports in the front,they work on sonar ,real sense has sonar on front and facing downward to avoid obstacle,s . In smart mode , my typhoon h stays 25 feet away from me. I like my features.

Thank you. Very helpful. Is it difficult to download photos or videos. Would you recommend a larger SD card? Also, do you like the larger controller?

I really like the larger st16 more advanced features, such as pan mode on a 360 degrees camera.I use a 64 megabytes sd card, plenty since I format after each upload to my laptop.

I bought mine slightly used on eBay for $ 701.00 , if you click on the top left of your screen, click onto forum,s , then click onto classified. You can find some decent deals on the Yuneec Typhoon classified's.

I plan to buy a drone in a few weeks. I am looking at the Q500, Typhoon H or Typhoon H Pro. I mainly will use the drone for photography (still pics and video). I would like to transfer the pics to my laptop for editing. Any advice would be appreciated? Thank you!
I have H Pro, it is 6 months old and apart from operator error (me) when installing updates etc it is a BRILLIANT piece of kit. I often slide the camera off mine and fly it just as an RC Model. They really shift and I zip it around doing banking turns etc. Being able to remove the (expensive) camera is also good whilst you learn to fly it or test new updates and calibrations for stability.

BUY IT

HI, get a Typhoon H with Real sense you wont be dissapointed AWESOME, i do have one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shalinishn18