Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Up a few inches then dropped.

Reaction score
Temperature was in the 40s.
The Breeze took off a few inches then dropped. Power was lost. I turned it back on, reconnected everything, it took off, went up a few inches then dropped. Power was lost.
I took the battery out, pushed it back in and all was fine after. I hovered the Breeze until 20% battery was left then I landed the Breeze.
The battery was GiFi. It fit tightly in the compartment unlike the OEM battery that could slide in easily and clicked into locked position.

Well.... To me this sounds like a battery issue - there are connections (solder joints) as well as Cell dissimilarities (inside the battery) that could cause this issue. You have no way to measure the current from the battery, but if you are lucky, there is a thermal fuse, and if too much current is pulled from the battery it shuts down before the battery catches on fire - but I doubt this. You might try holding the Breeze with your hand, under it of course, and then trying to take off - it can't lift off as you are holding it, but this will cause the current from the battery to spike and you'll know if this is the issue. See if it shuts down.

When you say "power was lost" I assume the battery did not continue to provide power to the Breeze, perhaps a Reboot? or just the motors stopped? MEASURE the voltage of each cell - see if they are at 4.2V when fully charged - or check now and see if they are the same (maybe 3.8V or so). While this is NO indication of LOAD voltage, it might tell you if a cell is low.. *** And VERY IMPORTANT.. it a cell is low, DO NOT TRY to charge the battery.. the other cells could easily overcharge and you are asking for trouble.. You NEED to proceed with caution with that battery. If using the Yuneec charger, does the Blue light come on (perhaps starts Red, but then changes to Blue? but never goes green - if so, get rid of that battery - put it in salt water (lot's of salt) and leave it for 48 hours - this will discharge the battery, then you can safely handle it and dispose of. Good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taxinnovex