Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

WANTED......ST16 fpvlr antenna's please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello to all members,
I'm new to the forum and have been reading up for the last few weeks here on the fpvlr antennas. You all are amazing with your insight. I am fortunate enough to have the available space out here in the country to push the limits with distances and would like a nice set of FPVLR antennas at a decent price. If someone has a set that they would be willing to part with please contact me back thank you very much! You can reference to my eBay account if need be as I've been a member there for 15 years with 100% feedback. Thanks again!

**my ST16 TX has the 2 coax ports up top*

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Thanks, just kinda wanting to stick with the same as the other Typhoon H owners! Thanks though for the good deal as they seem pretty decent.

Thanks, just kinda wanting to stick with the same as the other Typhoon H owners! Thanks though for the good deal as they seem pretty decent.

Where are you seeing that the fpvlr antenna is what "the other Typhoon H owners" are using? You just had a moderator tell you differently. Not trying to cause an uproar but when I was a neewb I listened especially when a moderator spoke.

Sorry that you took it that way, I DEFINITELY wasn't trying to be disrespectful. I should have worded it maybe a lil differently. I am more set on the fpvlr antennas. Sorry again and I hope you "Steve Carr" didn't take it the wrong way. Do you have a set of fpvlr antennas for sale Dariusmixich?

Hello to all members,
I'm new to the forum and have been reading up for the last few weeks here on the fpvlr antennas. You all are amazing with your insight. I am fortunate enough to have the available space out here in the country to push the limits with distances and would like a nice set of FPVLR antennas at a decent price. If someone has a set that they would be willing to part with please contact me back thank you very much! You can reference to my eBay account if need be as I've been a member there for 15 years with 100% feedback. Thanks again!

Sent you a "conversation" a few minutes ago..

Sorry that you took it that way, I DEFINITELY wasn't trying to be disrespectful. I should have worded it maybe a lil differently. I am more set on the fpvlr antennas. Sorry again and I hope you "Steve Carr" didn't take it the wrong way. Do you have a set of fpvlr antennas for sale Dariusmixich?
Might help if we knew what you are trying to achieve. More distance? Better video feed?

Hello Steve,
I'm looking more just for the stability and reassurance of it all. I have gotten out to just around 2000 feet and have had several blips in the screen. Yes I would like to go out a little further as the typhoon H is definitely capable of it but I just want to make sure that I can receive all the Telemetry also. So with that being said I've narrowed it down to the FPVLR and ITELITE DBS. Just seems to be like a nice product that a lot of people on here talk about and use. If I have any issues I would like to be able to refer back to someone on this forum and it seems like there's a lot of other pilots to choose from when it comes to these two antennas. Out of these two antennas which one would you choose from?

Hello Steve,
I'm looking more just for the stability and reassurance of it all. I have gotten out to just around 2000 feet and have had several blips in the screen. Yes I would like to go out a little further as the typhoon H is definitely capable of it but I just want to make sure that I can receive all the Telemetry also. So with that being said I've narrowed it down to the FPVLR and ITELITE DBS. Just seems to be like a nice product that a lot of people on here talk about and use. If I have any issues I would like to be able to refer back to someone on this forum and it seems like there's a lot of other pilots to choose from when it comes to these two antennas. Out of these two antennas which one would you choose from?
I have used the Itelite on the Q500 and it works well. The additional range on any of them is bird specific. i.e. they seems to work better with some birds than others. I cannot explain why. Generally the first problem you encounter at distance is with video freezing or breaking up. The antenna I posted above will help with that. The antenna I use for telemetry is this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ZWPS3O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I chose both of those based on quality of the product and the fact that I can remove them easily to place the ST16 back in the case. I tested them both to about 4000' clear line of sight just once. I generally fly less than 2000'.

Dang Steve I really appreciate that insight. I think I might go with the ITELITE DBS that a gentleman on here might be letting go for a pretty fair price. I like the reviews, keeps warranty valid, looks clean, etc. I also don't go very far out either but we do live on a farm and when I see deer out there I like to go video them. I'm looking forward to getting that piece of mind with this little boost in the ST16. I flew helicopters for 7yrs out here on the farm and never had to sweat anything antenna wise as I kept the copter relatively close. You are gracious and kind to take time out of your day to help me out, once again buddie thanks a million!
I have used the Itelite on the Q500 and it works well. The additional range on any of them is bird specific. i.e. they seems to work better with some birds than others. I cannot explain why. Generally the first problem you encounter at distance is with video freezing or breaking up. The antenna I posted above will help with that. The antenna I use for telemetry is this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ZWPS3O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I chose both of those based on quality of the product and the fact that I can remove them easily to place the ST16 back in the case. I tested them both to about 4000' clear line of sight just once. I generally fly less than 2000'.

Last edited:
I believe I've got a deal worked out with a gentleman on this forum. Thanks for all of your insight and help!

To do properly......do the upgrade on the ST16 to the + version with the 3rd antenna and also do the helicoil antennas and do the Hantenna upgrade extending the antenna on the bottom of the H It does make them all respond better......... I still want to move the 2nd 5.8 antenna on ST16 to the exteriorjust not sure how yet

Hello Steve,

Hey "RealtreeRPG". My name is Tom & I've owned my H since last September & Im the type of guy that when I buy something like this Usually Ill buy all the accessories & hop up parts available at the same time just so I have them. My ST-16 was a 2 antenna version aswell but following 2 different youtube channels learned how to make my ST-16 have the 3 antenna's but while i had my ST-16 opened up I noticed that there are actually 2 antennas that Yuneec has decided to leave inside the controller & therefore only 2 outside of it equaling 4qty antennas NOT just 3 like you have prob heard over & over then after extensive research I decided to go with "ITELITE DBS EXTENDER" Model: ITE-DBS05.6B which is there newest long range antenna but only still has 3 antenna ports so Im still debating what to do with the 4th either put an additional 4th antenna on my ST-16 or combine it with the other 5.8GHZ antenna by using a T SMA connector but im leaning towards the first one because I dont want to limit bandwidth.

Then to get ultimated security in your mind that your H isnt going to fly away or start giving you glitches at only 2000ft im doing to external 2.4ghz antenna mod on the H itself where ill route the onboard antennas out to a nice mounted sma plug that i'll be connecting a 7dbi gain omnidirectional antenna onto each side. But no on thus far has successfully done a 5.8ghz antenna mod directly on the H because that antenna is autobalancing but Im about 98% sure that Ive found a solution which involves 1st buying a servo-less retractable 12" antenna boom from HobbyKing online for a mere $17.00 then it Im thinking of mounting it not on the camera ball itself or the U shape piece that goes around it because they are both affected by the auto balance feature so mount it right on the stem that comes done from the belly of the H & Id then just relocate that antenna from inside the camera ball to (when inflight 12" or more down under the H but all at the exact same time as maintaining its ability to be able to rotate 360 degrees in a single direction forever. The only large hurdle I see is trying to find someone that knows how to program in android language because our TX & RX System is entirely digital so we arent just able to add on an S-Bus to expand the # of channels we have. But the good news is that it has been confirmed by a Yuneec Representative that not only do we have 1 or 2 extra free channels that are not in use but from the sounds of it we may have a bunch of free channels being entirely digital, just the more you add the smaller the bandwidth would get but that really wouldnt matter because this would only ever need an UP OR DOWN command not anything constant that may clog up the bandwidth!!!
hobbyking-tm-retractable-fpv-antenna-system-with-extension-cable.html

Tom, that other extra 4th antenna you refer to inside the ST16 is a wifi antenna that is only used to connect the ST16 to the internet. Bringing it to the outside doesnt do anything. You need to review the schematics of the ST16 and it will show you which one does what. Just FYI.

I ended up going with the 4 hawks raptor ss antenna. In my opinion it has ALL to do with the area you are flying in. Trees, wires,WiFi signals etc.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Hello to all members,

the antennas you requested are nice but if you have trees they will still interfere with the fpvlr antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal