Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Way points on the h480

Agreed, There is conflicting information posted throughout this thread and cryptic answers to simple questions. It is important to get a logical step by step procedure, as several people I;m sure would like to take advantage of this function without risking damage to their equipment.

It would end up being linked to facebook, other forums and many other places. YP would just be the launch pad.

It seems that this is such an obvious popular feature and easy hack that I wouldn't be surprised if Yuneec adds it to the next update for the H.

Here's the thing I have flown the h in both methods without issue. However, if you bind it to the 920 model (not the file mode method) it will feel looser not as locked in.
I know it's been stated because the pids are different but unless the st16 uploads the pids when it's bound. Which I doubt . The pids are stored in the flight controller in the H. Now the rate curve and expos in the st16 are most likely different in turn causing the looseness.

Here's the thing I have flown the h in both methods without issue. However, if you bind it to the 920 model (not the file mode method) it will feel looser not as locked in.
I know it's been stated because the pids are different but unless the st16 uploads the pids when it's bound. Which I doubt . The pids are stored in the flight controller in the H. Now the rate curve and expos in the st16 are most likely different in turn causing the looseness.

thats because your using the 920 profile . you should not use that .
you should use the 480 profile as all the flight parameters are stored in the profile .
i have posted a 480 profile with the waypoints enabled .

its simple . simply unzip the profile to SD card . insert sd card into st16 and import the profile .

you should use the 480 profile as all the flight parameters are stored in the profile .

its simple . simply unzip the profile to SD card . insert sd card into st16 and import the profile .
Please re read my statement.
I said I have flown both methods. Yours and the 920 method.
I was just saying both work except for that loosness.
But it had been stated that is because of the PIDs. But that's not accurate as I stated in post.
I have used and do still use your method and have given you credit in the past when ppl ask.
Cheers

It says "No Model Found".

OK, Gurusonwheels I am going to use your method. When people ask for a step by step process most are expecting something like this.....

1) From your PC, unzip the FPV-Typhoon H-2017-03-16 19.49.43.zip file to a micro SD card - use the 16gb one currently in the ST16 (my ST16 would not recognize a 32gb card)

2) insert the micro SD card into ST16

3) turn on ST16, touch pad, OK, touch file icon, touch file manager, touch SD card symbol upper left, touch function arrow to right of FPV -Typhoon.... folder, touch copy, touch SD card symbol upper left again – (puts you back in root directory)

4) now in root directory, touch paste to copy folder to root directory

5) exit, exit to go to flight screen

6) touch model select, touch new model, touch import model

5) “No model Found”…..

OK, Gurusonwheels I am going to use your method. When people ask for a step by step process most are expecting something like this.....

1) From your PC, unzip the FPV-Typhoon H-2017-03-16 19.49.43.zip file to a micro SD card - use the 16gb one currently in the ST16 (my ST16 would not recognize a 32gb card)

2) insert the micro SD card into ST16

3) turn on ST16, touch pad, OK, touch file icon, touch file manager, touch SD card symbol upper left, touch function arrow to right of FPV -Typhoon.... folder, touch copy, touch SD card symbol upper left again – (puts you back in root directory)

4) now in root directory, touch paste to copy folder to root directory

5) exit, exit to go to flight screen

6) touch model select, touch new model, touch import model

5) “No model Found”…..

1) Insert a formatted SD card into the ST16

2) Tap Model select, then "Ok" on the warning screen

3) Press and hold the "Typhoon H" icon

4) Tap "Export"

5) Tap "external card"

6) Remove card

7) Insert SD card in PC. Open card and find the import folder and open it

8) Remove the copy of Typhoon H that is within the folder and replace with the new Typhoon H profile that you dowloaded and unzipped from this forum.

9) Ummount SD card from you laptop/pc and put in back in ST16

10) Click on "Model select" again and this time you will need to tap on "New Model"

11) Select Import and you should see the new profile file which you need to "tap". Note: It will still say "no model found" onthis screen.

12) After "tapping" the new profile file, you will see a new model called "Typhoon H w/WAY"

13) Tap the new icon and then do the binding process as you normally would.

Hope this helps....

Last edited:
Reactions: Ralphy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder