Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

1.5.10 firmware now live!!!!!

Thx @Mc-Murph, on the official website the last manual is from December 2017. It's good to have a more updated one ?

Do not recall if they are already in 1.5.

No, in the end the 1.5 has turned out to be the orbital flight version and little else. Without having read the new manual, I get into it, it can bring big changes. I think they have caught their fingers again and have not arrived in time for the CES. Let's see how about this version, although knowing Yuneec I'm afraid to put honey on my lips when we still do not know when it will be published. We have already lived many times, a few days for the update and have become weeks. May the advantage of having the manual make the waiting more bearable ?

Anyway, this kind of news, makes me happy. Finally we see some continuos movement with the updates ?

After a quick look at the manual things that, for now, have caught my attention. I haven't tried it again yet, but when he describes the Orbital flight function, he doesn't speak at all about the vertical slider we see in the video that Yuneec has published explaining that function. Someone has seen it in his ST16S?

Second thing that caught my attention, in the manual it explains how to access the DataPilot advance menu and how to modify a parameter manually. This manual will not be an internal manual for developers? Or for the betatesters? The behavior of the H520 when it loses the link, LOSS OF LINK ON MISSION, could previously be set in the Safety tab. Now that I think about it, it has disappeared (I hadn't noticed) and we have to do it as the manual explains? Isn't it better that it was as it was before?

Third thing, although we had doubts and some companion affirms that it has done it in flight, the manual says that to establish the mode RETURN TO CONTROLLER, it is necessary to do it previously to take off. It requires a manual landing, it cannot land on top of the ST16S antennas ?, so it is understood that it is in an area close to the transmitter and therefore when it is close it is better to land it manually.

The CORRIDOR SCAN function looks very good. I'm looking forward to trying it ?. The STRUCTURE SCAN function looks very good too, and the ability to enter UTM coordinates is very useful. We must not forget that with this function almost certainly we have to fly very close to the structure to scan or very close to other obstacles and if we rely on the accuracy of the maps provided by Google or Bing, for example, we can get a good scare because its accuracy is a little fair.

To finish, also in the waypoints we can put that they adapt to the terrain, that they make a follow-up of the terrain. In many cases a very useful option.

The truth is that there are many interesting things to see when the update comes out and we can use them ?

P.D.: I don't see anything about the Expo. Last week I was looking at a new drone that has just been released (I don't say mark or anything, but it's worth 400€), and it not only has exponential curves for the controls, but also allows you to establish the percentage of application in the control. Something that I liked a lot. This I comment, in case someone from Yuneec is interested in the subject ????????

After a quick look at the manual things that, for now, have caught my attention. I haven't tried it again yet, but when he describes the Orbital flight function, he doesn't speak at all about the vertical slider we see in the video that Yuneec has published explaining that function. Someone has seen it in his ST16S?

Second thing that caught my attention, in the manual it explains how to access the DataPilot advance menu and how to modify a parameter manually. This manual will not be an internal manual for developers? Or for the betatesters? The behavior of the H520 when it loses the link, LOSS OF LINK ON MISSION, could previously be set in the Safety tab. Now that I think about it, it has disappeared (I hadn't noticed) and we have to do it as the manual explains? Isn't it better that it was as it was before?

Third thing, although we had doubts and some companion affirms that it has done it in flight, the manual says that to establish the mode RETURN TO CONTROLLER, it is necessary to do it previously to take off. It requires a manual landing, it cannot land on top of the ST16S antennas [emoji51], so it is understood that it is in an area close to the transmitter and therefore when it is close it is better to land it manually.

The CORRIDOR SCAN function looks very good. I'm looking forward to trying it [emoji16]. The STRUCTURE SCAN function looks very good too, and the ability to enter UTM coordinates is very useful. We must not forget that with this function almost certainly we have to fly very close to the structure to scan or very close to other obstacles and if we rely on the accuracy of the maps provided by Google or Bing, for example, we can get a good scare because its accuracy is a little fair.

To finish, also in the waypoints we can put that they adapt to the terrain, that they make a follow-up of the terrain. In many cases a very useful option.

The truth is that there are many interesting things to see when the update comes out and we can use them [emoji1]

P.D.: I don't see anything about the Expo. Last week I was looking at a new drone that has just been released (I don't say mark or anything, but it's worth 400€), and it not only has exponential curves for the controls, but also allows you to establish the percentage of application in the control. Something that I liked a lot. This I comment, in case someone from Yuneec is interested in the subject [emoji10][emoji10][emoji10][emoji10][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

We have been crying for expos since day one. That was September 28th 2017 and we still don’t have them. It’s pretty safe to say it looks like we will never get them. Yuneec clearly feel us pilots are not capable of controlling our aircraft the way we want to control them. Instead someone on a very high pedestal feels they should have control of our expos.
Take the last release 1.5 it has now the characteristics of a geriatric pensioner with walking sticks.
This high and mighty person has now toned down the sticks that much that in a FAIRLY HIGH WIND THE H520 IS NOW DANGEROUS as it cannot fight the wind any longer.
Now while I am a big fan of the H520 and H Plus I am sick of being treated like a 3 year old.

GIVE ME EXPOS IN THE NEXT UPDATE [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Reactions: Snagglesworth
Well then. For our French friends, here is the manual in French.
No, do not ask me to translate it into Chinese .....................o_O
Yes, light, Arruntus, for the Orbit function. Not even an explanation about the function of the sleeves and the stopping of the mission. Miser in explanation.

Attachments

• H520_Manual-1.6 addon French Version.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: arruntus
We have been crying for expos since day one. That was September 28th 2017 and we still don’t have them. It’s pretty safe to say it looks like we will never get them. Yuneec clearly feel us pilots are not capable of controlling our aircraft the way we want to control them. Instead someone on a very high pedestal feels they should have control of our expos.
Take the last release 1.5 it has now the characteristics of a geriatric pensioner with walking sticks.
This high and mighty person has now toned down the sticks that much that in a FAIRLY HIGH WIND THE H520 IS NOW DANGEROUS as it cannot fight the wind any longer.
Now while I am a big fan of the H520 and H Plus I am sick of being treated like a 3 year old.

GIVE ME EXPOS IN THE NEXT UPDATE [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Every time I pick up the Taranis and can do 3 simultaneous movements gently I get a smile from ear to ear that lasts until I take off the H520 again. The gimbal also needs them urgently, that robocoop movements are very old already, a more advanced robot like the one in the video would be fine ?

• Love
Reactions: AH-1G
Every time I pick up the Taranis and can do 3 simultaneous movements gently I get a smile from ear to ear that lasts until I take off the H520 again. The gimbal also needs them urgently, that robocoop movements are very old already, a more advanced robot like the one in the video would be fine ?

??????????
That is soooooo funny. ???Only Will can get away with this!.
Oh man, that was great to watch.

Reactions: arruntus
I'm curious, does anyone know which folder the updates are downloaded to on the H520? I have checked everywhere that I can think of in the ST16 even when its connected to a PC.
On the H Plus they are downloaded to a folder called OTA Updates, but there is nothing like that on the 520 version. There is an OTA Logs folder but thats not it as there is nothing inside it.

I'm curious, does anyone know which folder the updates are downloaded to on the H520? I have checked everywhere that I can think of in the ST16 even when its connected to a PC.
On the H Plus they are downloaded to a folder called OTA Updates, but there is nothing like that on the 520 version. There is an OTA Logs folder but thats not it as there is nothing inside it.

If you can't find them, it's because they're deleted once they're installed. Space is limited. In theory it is the same file that you can download and put at hand. Any reason why you want to have that file or those files in particular?

If you can't find them, it's because they're deleted once they're installed. Space is limited. In theory it is the same file that you can download and put at hand. Any reason why you want to have that file or those files in particular?
The reason I unfortunately cannot say, but lets just say that folder will be needed if you ever want to roll back firmware to an earlier saved version.

You can always downgrade manually. We have a partner who has in the cloud all versions of the firmwares.

Wait and see if I can find the address, I can't find it now, I don't know how I saved it............................

P.D.: Yuneec - Google Drive
We've got him on a topic posted in the help forum.

You can always downgrade manually. We have a partner who has in the cloud all versions of the firmwares.

Wait and see if I can find the address, I can't find it now, I don't know how I saved it............................

P.D.: Yuneec - Google Drive
We've got him on a topic posted in the help forum.
Thank you for that Arruntus, I already had that URL logged. There are a few files missing and I am not able to add to it. Just so you know

Thank you for that Arruntus, I already had that URL logged. There are a few files missing and I am not able to add to it. Just so you know

@RkamilC to add the missing firmwares, how is the procedure you use? to contribute files? If you allow me the suggestion, instead of all the firmwares in the same folder, make more folders to classify, it would be easier to find what you want. Cameras, gimbals, flight controllers, for example and so we can check and those who have some saved same could collaborate.

@Peggy I have not checked, but I also have saved same versions, if you are looking for a specific one tell me, maybe I have it.

Reactions: RkamilC
@RkamilC to add the missing firmwares, how is the procedure you use? to contribute files? If you allow me the suggestion, instead of all the firmwares in the same folder, make more folders to classify, it would be easier to find what you want. Cameras, gimbals, flight controllers, for example and so we can check and those who have some saved same could collaborate.

@Peggy I have not checked, but I also have saved same versions, if you are looking for a specific one tell me, maybe I have it.
I have every firmware released Arruntus but going forward in the near future (not immediate but very near) we will need to have access to the OTA download folder to get access to the firmwares that get released

I have every firmware released Arruntus but going forward in the near future (not immediate but very near) we will need to have access to the OTA download folder to get access to the firmwares that get released

I think I know where you're going, you'll tell us when possible ;)

Reactions: Peggy
I've been thinking and remembering that a few years ago, I don't know which controller or software had that particular drone, but it did allow an orbital flight in the following way. You flew normally and put the drone right on top of the POI, you pressed a stick, the POI was established, you moved out of the center of the circle and you established the radius of the circumference by pressing the same stick again. Having already established the height, you only had to change the inclination of the camera. All that was left was to move the aircraft to one side or the other so that it will begin to make the orbital flight.

I know it looks a lot like how we have it now but the subtle difference is that you could establish with precision the center of the circle and is different from now that we can do it "more or less" by clicking on the screen and trusting the accuracy of the maps we have downloaded. Depending on the radius of the circle and taking into account the deviation of those meters that have the maps we download, the POI is not always well centered in the center of the image. I am not saying to modify the way we have to give those two data, the center and radius of the circle, in the current function, but to go further and add to this system also that would give a total precision on the point that the camera has to look.

A way of doing it and that would not suppose much work to implement it, it occurs to me, that could be the following one. You position the drone just above the point you want the POI to be, click anywhere on the screen and where you now have the options "Go to location" and "Orbit at location" add the option "Orbit H520 location". Then we put the drone at the distance from the radius of the circle and press on the screen an option "Set radius", or something similar. In this way we would have the same but with absolute precision.

P.S.: I'm going to put it in suggestions, maybe it's a more appropriate site, although as it is of this firmware....... I don't know if it's appropriate here also.

Last edited:
I've been thinking and remembering that a few years ago, I don't know which controller or software had that particular drone, but it did allow an orbital flight in the following way. You flew normally and put yourself right on top of the POI, you pressed a stick, the POI was established, you moved out of the center of the circle and you established the radius of the circumference by pressing the same stick again. All that was left was to move the aircraft to one side or the other so that it will begin to make the orbital flight.

I know it looks a lot like how we have it now but the subtle difference is that you could establish with precision the center of the circle and is different from now that we can do it "more or less" by clicking on the screen and trusting the accuracy of the maps we have downloaded. Depending on the radius of the circle and taking into account the deviation of those meters that have the maps we download, the POI is not always well centered in the center of the image. I am not saying to modify the way we have to give those two data, the center and radius of the circle, in the current function, but to go further and add to this system also that would give a total precision on the point that the camera has to look.

A way of doing it and that would not suppose much work to implement it, it occurs to me, that could be the following one. You position the drone just above the point you want the POI to be, click anywhere on the screen and where you now have the options "Go to location" and "Orbit at location" add the option "Orbit H520 location". Then we put the drone at the distance from the radius of the circle and press on the screen an option "Set radius", or something similar. In this way we would have the same but with absolute precision.
DJI Mavic and P4P work in that way. Also using Litchi for DJi aircraft works similar to that as well. Litchi waypoints are awesome and make mapping so very easy. It's clear to see why DJI are the world leaders.
I switched on my P4P for the firstime in 9 months yesterday, charged up one battery and had a quick fly while I was out with the dog and it was awesome. I am really thinking about going back to DJI after that flight and going all out with an Inspire 2 and X7 camera set up. I don't want to but after that flight yesterday simply messing about and looking back at the footage it's really hard to understand why we stick with Yuneec........Apart from the fact its a Hex and the DJI watchful eye I'm struggling to find a reason to not sell up?

DJI Mavic and P4P work in that way. Also using Litchi for DJi aircraft works similar to that as well. Litchi waypoints are awesome and make mapping so very easy. It's clear to see why DJI are the world leaders.
I switched on my P4P for the firstime in 9 months yesterday, charged up one battery and had a quick fly while I was out with the dog and it was awesome. I am really thinking about going back to DJI after that flight and going all out with an Inspire 2 and X7 camera set up. I don't want to but after that flight yesterday simply messing about and looking back at the footage it's really hard to understand why we stick with Yuneec........Apart from the fact its a Hex and the DJI watchful eye I'm struggling to find a reason to not sell up?

It's DJI? it was a DIY drone, but of course, it could have an A1 controller, or a naza for example, I don't know. I'm sorry to say that I have a natural allergy to everything from DJI. I can't stand being forced to do or not being allowed to do what "they" think is right or wrong.

I think that this way of working added to the one we have now would be a good thing.

It's DJI? it was a DIY drone, but of course, it could have an A1 controller, or a naza for example, I don't know. I'm sorry to say that I have a natural allergy to everything from DJI. I can't stand being forced to do or not being allowed to do what "they" think is right or wrong.

I think that this way of working added to the one we have now would be a good thing.
I agree, I love my 520 and H Plus but I am growing tired now of inferior equipment but more importantly the lack of ME being in charge of my equipment instead of some self appointed person to make a decision on how I fly my aircraft. If it wasnt for the excellent support I get from Yuneec UK I would have been gone long ago, and it is them that keep me here.
Example a friend of mine bought his Parrot Anafi along the other day to show me and I couldnt believe how good a £700 aircraft was, let alone the 90 degree upward facing camera

Yeah, Parrot's doing great. They offer good aircraft for something specific but at a really competitive price when compared to the rest. It is an interesting proposal when you can even opt for several aircraft for specific things without spending as much as in a single multi-purpose that is oriented to do everything. Another way of doing things.

Another actor who is coming in and with a lot of strength is Xiaomi. It is still characterized by the cheapness of their products but at the same time with the quality they have. It's amazing to see the pace of updates they put on their aircrafts. It detects a bug and before blinking have already released an update to correct it, nothing to do with DJI or Yuneec who are the largest manufacturers in the world.

Only with these two examples, it is clear that both Yuneec and DJI either change the way things they are doing or they will be relegated in a few years. It's not the big guys who are pulling the cart, it's the little guys who are driving the functionalities of the drones without having to sell a kidney. And that's going to happen in the long run.

Even though we've been using drones for years, it hasn't really been so many years since the sale of drones on a large scale is taking place. DJI is undoubtedly the number 1 and wants to establish or force the market to its special "vision" but more and more people are going to realize that there are other alternatives. The campaign of harassment and demolition against the Typoon H was memorable. And when you're so big and you have such a big propaganda machine you can do harm and Yuneec got it done, and a lot. However Yuneec instead of reacting and hitting the table with the H520, with what really matters, a quality product that allows you to do things, that is a reference, a mirror for other companies, not only has not yet achieved it, but has a very significant delay even compared to small businesses.

In my opinion, this is the point we are at now, and in my case I still prefer to build my own drones seeing how the situation is. To this day it still compensates more to mount your own aircraft with what you want, with the versatility that you have to buy one already mounted in mass. And that's not normal in any market. It doesn't compensate either economically or functionally. In spite of how young the sector is, it needs a "revolution". The manufacturer that gets it, will be the number 1, in the same way that DJI was able to be implanted when it was ahead of the competition at the beginning of the massive sale of drones.

Sunday reflections, how beautiful ?????

Reactions: Peggy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold