Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Well had my first big crash with my typhoon h, and it was my falt.

Reaction score
so now I've assessed the damage, I need a new upper and lower body shell.. some more props. (have enough to fly again when its repaired, need some spares) the camera mount that is on the camera, and one B arm. then I should be good to go again. bleah wish the motor arm was cheaper, the rest is fairly cheap. the arm, not so much.. motor seems fine, and the led is also fine.

Okay. You just need to make certain that mount on the frame isn't broken. Also, the motor arm which includes the motor is much easier to use. It's a huge pain trying to get those wires pulled past the rivet in the motor arm. I'm of the opinion they install the rivet after the motor wires are in place. The arms which include the motor are $10 more but worth it.

Last edited:
Consider replacing the holding clip on that damaged arm side. They have been brass and aluminum depending on year of manufacture. The holding edge can chip a bit in a crash and it won’t hold the arm clipped tight when pulled up. Also, don’t be afraid to take off (not disconnect but let board hang carefully on main wire) the landing leg driver card at rear of main board and remove the main board mounting screws at repair. This allows you to lift the main board up a bit and get more clearance to snake cables through. I’ve also used all my crash repairs to upgrade the flight antennas while I was in there. I’ve also painted my shells while waiting on parts.

Reactions: Steve Carr
well all the parts I needed except the top shell. everything is mounted as well. I got the arm without motor, as I had limited funds, and it was fairly simple to thread the wires back in, for me anyway. now to mount the camera back up and see if things fire up. once I get the top shell I can recalibrate the accell and gyro and camera and see if she will fly again.

Reactions: biltno
well just ran a power test, and camera transmits. image looks good, and gimbal responds to the controlls, the motors all spin up so far so good.. just need the top cover yet. then I'm good. :)

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
howbirds