Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What Is With the Troll Paranoia ?

I am probably going to get bashed from all sides ! But what is it about "supposed" trolls and even "real" trolls that has everyone up on the seats of their chairs ? I understand they are like a 1" Pile on my ***!, But if you leave the pile on your *** alone , it will finally go away ! Spreading Preparation H all over them just dirties your shorts!
I have flown many platforms and the H is my first Yuneec and I love it!. But I have learned in life that I could care less what someone says about a product I have, either positive or negative. I do my research and my studies and if I like something I either decide to buy it or not buy it ! And nothing a troll, my ex-wife, my friends say are going to change my thoughts on whether it is a good product or not. "Only I" can and will make that decision ! And no external blasting or belittling is going to sway me from one side of the fence to the other!
What I am saying is: A lot of innocent people get blasted on their first posts as a troll on every forum I have ever been on! not because they are a troll, but because they are a newbie or unfamiliar with a product and even never been on a forum before and know how they flow! And then we jump down their throats before we even know who or what they are about !.
Give them the benefit of the doubt, If they are a troll, ignore them and like a bad Pile they will go away. Trolls feed off of attention, and given none, they disappear! If they decide to hang around more, ignore and report them to the Moderator ! And let him eliminate them.
All I am saying is some newbies are getting labeled as trolls and that is not right until proven guilty as a troll !
I hate trolls as much as you all, but to let them change who you are, or what attitude or mode of feeling you have inside yourselves, Is subcoming to their intentions! I know I have let them myself !
Unless you own stock with Yuneec or any products you have, Trolls should be a nothing! and if you ignore them, they will disappear like a fart in the wind !;);)

There are trolls and there are trolls. Then there are the psychotic and professional trolls.

3,378 posts on the Typhoon H trashed by trolls, 99% of them brand *** with multiple posts by *** employees. The purpose was to discredit Yuneec Typhoon H before it even got off the ground. The thread was closed after working out a plan with the thread owner, I had already created a moderated thread (RCG moderators were worthless, except if you say bad words) unbeknownst to the trolls. Then the games really began. My mailbox filled up inside a week with hate mail and replies from those who I deleted posts. It took 2-3 weeks to finally get it through to the trolls they were not going to control the discussion, all for the purpose of destroying the Yuneec Typhoon H before it was even available.

Yuneec Typhoon H - Page 226 - RC Groups
l6ohvbJ.png

It was impossible to have a coherent discussion before the creation of a moderated Typhoon H thread. Since doing that, the troll meter has diminished significantly, even on the threads created after my moderated was announced. Trolls still exist, but not like it was.

One *** employee (the nicest most polite ###hole troll one could ask for) spent several posts trying to convince H owners they could not use a standard charger on the H battery. You see, he's an expert on everything, and *** is superior in every way. I finally got sick of the BS and responded.
RC Groups - View Single Post - Yuneec Announces Typhoon H Hexacopter
UUqWIwJ.png

Perhaps the funniest topic was when it was suggested the H could not handle high winds and the tests posted weren't actually in 30 mph wind. Then Ming posted his H flying in a Typhoon. Chirp. Chirp.

The same thing happened with the 3DR Solo thread, except it was nearly 20,000 posts with the same players, and yes, *** employees. Why the thread owner allowed it to go on for so many months is mind boggling. RCG moderation was as worthless as teets on a boar hog as they say. At the time I was not aware of the ability to create a moderated thread; perhaps he wasn't either. In any event, the trolls destroyed the thread beyond recognition.

So yes, I'm a bit sensitive to trolls and learned at RCG ignoring them does not always mean they will go away. Sometimes they invite their sock puppets.

And for the record, I had zero interest in Yuneec prior to April 2016 because the flight control system is not nearly as sophisticated and customizable as Arducopter. Then it occurred to me, for what I was looking for, simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. No "fanboy" here.

BTW, someone show me a few examples of a troll in a DJI thread at RCG. Then I will agree I am only being paranoid.

DC: I never thought about the compass calibration again after the firmware update. Should we do that or were you doing it in an abundance of caution? I thought the firmware was for the camera gimbel and not much to do with the H per se. I know it sure could not hurt anything; just never thought of it.
Alot of firmware updates are directed to accelerometers/imu and flight expos and gain improvements. Many of these are in unison with the compass/GPS. I personally have learned by trial and error that after firmware update to perform a compass calibration always to cover those facts. Do I do one everytime I fly, No way!, Do I do one if I travel from Texas to California, Yes ! As long as you get a "Successful" calibration there is no harm. I know I am using the forbidden word ! But it is well know to calibrate the compass and imu(recommended by) DJI, after all firmware, not controller updates. Yuneec is no different internally, save "Lightbridge" than a DJI, so why not?;) It's all your choices ! not mine!

There are trolls and there are trolls. Then there are the psychotic and professional trolls.

3,378 posts on the Typhoon H trashed by trolls, 99% of them brand *** with multiple posts by *** employees. The purpose was to discredit Yuneec Typhoon H before it even got off the ground. The thread was closed after working out a plan with the thread owner, I had already created a moderated thread (RCG moderators were worthless, except if you say bad words) unbeknownst to the trolls. Then the games really began. My mailbox filled up inside a week with hate mail and replies from those who I deleted posts. It took 2-3 weeks to finally get it through to the trolls they were not going to control the discussion, all for the purpose of destroying the Yuneec Typhoon H before it was even available.

Yuneec Typhoon H - Page 226 - RC Groups
l6ohvbJ.png

It was impossible to have a coherent discussion before the creation of a moderated Typhoon H thread. Since doing that, the troll meter has diminished significantly, even on the threads created after my moderated was announced. Trolls still exist, but not like it was.

One *** employee (the nicest most polite ###hole troll one could ask for) spent several posts trying to convince H owners they could not use a standard charger on the H battery. You see, he's an expert on everything, and *** is superior in every way. I finally got sick of the BS and responded.
RC Groups - View Single Post - Yuneec Announces Typhoon H Hexacopter
UUqWIwJ.png

Perhaps the funniest topic was when it was suggested the H could not handle high winds and the tests posted weren't actually in 30 mph wind. Then Ming posted his H flying in a Typhoon. Chirp. Chirp.

The same thing happened with the 3DR Solo thread, except it was nearly 20,000 posts with the same players, and yes, *** employees. Why the thread owner allowed it to go on for so many months is mind boggling. RCG moderation was as worthless as teets on a boar hog as they say. At the time I was not aware of the ability to create a moderated thread; perhaps he wasn't either. In any event, the trolls destroyed the thread beyond recognition.

So yes, I'm a bit sensitive to trolls and learned at RCG ignoring them does not always mean they will go away. Sometimes they invite their sock puppets.

And for the record, I had zero interest in Yuneec prior to April 2016 because the flight control system is not nearly as sophisticated and customizable as Arducopter. Then it occurred to me, for what I was looking for, simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. No "fanboy" here.

BTW, someone show me a few examples of a troll in a DJI thread at RCG. Then I will agree I am only being paranoid.
A man who is obsessed with his own paranoia, becomes paranoid of others ! And I never stated Glider, you or any one was or is paranoid ! But who are YOU or I to judge another human being without 'PROOF of FACTS" to many wars and paranoid destruction's have plagued our world throughout history, due to speculation and false, jump to conclusion accusation !
My concern on THIS forum is we are spending more time "Bashing" and "Ridiculing" suspected Trolls, than the Trolls are spending time on our forum, thus feeding the very few trolls ego's and supporting their cancerous intents, Time to stop the BASHING, till proven guitly!

I am probably going to get bashed from all sides ! But what is it about "supposed" trolls and even "real" trolls that has everyone up on the seats of their chairs ? I understand they are like a 1" Pile on my ***!, But if you leave the pile on your *** alone , it will finally go away ! Spreading Preparation H all over them just dirties your shorts!
I have flown many platforms and the H is my first Yuneec and I love it!. But I have learned in life that I could care less what someone says about a product I have, either positive or negative. I do my research and my studies and if I like something I either decide to buy it or not buy it ! And nothing a troll, my ex-wife, my friends say are going to change my thoughts on whether it is a good product or not. "Only I" can and will make that decision ! And no external blasting or belittling is going to sway me from one side of the fence to the other!
What I am saying is: A lot of innocent people get blasted on their first posts as a troll on every forum I have ever been on! not because they are a troll, but because they are a newbie or unfamiliar with a product and even never been on a forum before and know how they flow! And then we jump down their throats before we even know who or what they are about !.
Give them the benefit of the doubt, If they are a troll, ignore them and like a bad Pile they will go away. Trolls feed off of attention, and given none, they disappear! If they decide to hang around more, ignore and report them to the Moderator ! And let him eliminate them.
All I am saying is some newbies are getting labeled as trolls and that is not right until proven guilty as a troll !
I hate trolls as much as you all, but to let them change who you are, or what attitude or mode of feeling you have inside yourselves, Is subcoming to their intentions! I know I have let them myself !
Unless you own stock with Yuneec or any products you have, Trolls should be a nothing! and if you ignore them, they will disappear like a fart in the wind !;);)

Well said! The Yuneec vs. DJI thing reminds of the days of Apple vs Microsoft. Back in the day when it cost thousands for a decent computer, both sides used FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) - usually evoked intentionally in order to put the other side at a disadvantage. Some folks get a little carried away with this stuff. I just want the device to work as advertised.

In my 35 years of owning computers, most of the disasters I suffered were self created, the same applies to drones I would suggest. I was pleased with the Q500 4K and I'm pleased with the H so far. Both drones are far from perfect, but I've certainly have loads of fun with both. I've never owned a DJI product, but will in the future if I believe they have the best product for me at that time. The Q was perfect when I started and the H is perfect now that I've got some skills honed from dozens of hours at the controls.

Reactions: DroneClone
I need to revised my last post when I mentioned that I will be purchasing a Typhoon H in a few months, however one of my very close buddies new I was planning on getting one later so he had ordered two of them from two separate suppliers. So today he surprised me with not one but two new Typhoon H. as a gift. WOW ...........I look forward in trying to make some time this week to test it out.

I need to revised my last post when I mentioned that I will be purchasing a Typhoon H in a few months, however one of my very close buddies new I was planning on getting one later so he had ordered two of them from two separate suppliers. So today he surprised me with not one but two new Typhoon H. as a gift. WOW ...........I look forward in trying to make some time this week to test it out.
Two ! Must be nice !:D One for each hand ! LOL:rolleyes:

Have you flown one yet?

Nope on the H have been flying by q5004K for some time. It was a surprise, friends do that kinda of thing for one another

Yes, was tired of waiting on delivery from one source so he ordered from another, then they both arrived within days of one another. I have told him that we need to sale one of them

You were thinking of getting one, your friend ordered two and they shipped and you receieved all in one day? Wow ! now that is service!
Have Fun Your Typhoon H's ;)

Thank you, and I hope to have some time towards the end of this week to try out the H

We may do that, when I got my first drone to learn to fly I had bought two and gave him one, and he has yet to fly it, he is always on the go somewhere, so I guess will see what happens. I know some here make think thats crazy to get something like that for a friend. However I was brought up and I brought my kids up in showing them to always help out and do things for others with out ANY expectation of getting anything in return.

We may do that, when I got my first drone to learn to fly I had bought two and gave him one, and he has yet to fly it, he is always on the go somewhere, so I guess will see what happens. I know some here make think thats crazy to get something like that for a friend. However I was brought up and I brought my kids up in showing them to always help out and do things for others with out ANY expectation of getting anything in return.
Nothing wrong with that! hard to find GOOD friends these day! Not like the yonder years!;)

As far as the 'Trolls' are concerned, they can be tolerated if they use truth to dissuade others. Problem with the current run of trolls is they do not use truth but deception to try to dissuade those that are attempting to gather information to make an educated decision from being able to make that decision.

If we all just say Kumbaya then we run the risk of living to untrue standards. I know this is a stretch from purchasing a rotary wing R/C vehicle to life but it is what it is. I will defend the truth against lies that other spread until my dying breath and until someone proves that truth I believe to be wrong then I will always stand on my soapbox to tell all.

I dont mind intelligent truthful debate but dont try to pull the rug over my eyes with deception.

As far as the 'Trolls' are concerned, they can be tolerated if they use truth to dissuade others. Problem with the current run of trolls is they do not use truth but deception to try to dissuade those that are attempting to gather information to make an educated decision from being able to make that decision.

If we all just say Kumbaya then we run the risk of living to untrue standards. I know this is a stretch from purchasing a rotary wing R/C vehicle to life but it is what it is. I will defend the truth against lies that other spread until my dying breath and until someone proves that truth I believe to be wrong then I will always stand on my soapbox to tell all.

I dont mind intelligent truthful debate but dont try to pull the rug over my eyes with deception.
Not an issue on your thoughts at all with trolling false statements, My only issue is "Falsely" accusing someone of "being" a troll, without the facts ! All I wanted to point out here! prove they are a troll before bashing them to **** and back ! ;)

Reactions: HarveyC
The best thing to do if you suspect a troll is here or any other things that are not right, smash that report button! Let the staff handle it and we'll make sure it gets taken care of appropriately. ;)

I am probably going to get bashed from all sides ! But what is it about "supposed" trolls and even "real" trolls that has everyone up on the seats of their chairs ? I understand they are like a 1" Pile on my behind!, But if you leave the pile on your behind alone , it will finally go away ! Spreading Preparation H all over them just dirties your shorts!
Thank you Moderator, I did not know a** was such a family negative word, Good Golly Miss Molly !!!, Like we have 6 year old forum members on hear !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital