Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Where to buy replacement micro-SD card

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone in the US knows where to purchase a micro- SD card for the Yuneec camera? I understand it has to be a special speed or something or other. I looked on Ebay but nothing seems to match.

Thanks!

Sponge

You want something U3 rated, Walmart, Best Buy. Pretty much anywhere

Reactions: spongella
You want something U3 rated, Walmart, Best Buy. Pretty much anywhere
Still look for the read and write speeds. Off brands will say U3, but they are nowhere close. There are many comparison charts online. I have found the real Transcend brand cards to be the best value, but SanDisk pro or Lexar pro are more than capable.

As mentioned you're looking for a high speed card, this would be about the minimum you would want to use, I have these cards and they do work with the Typhoon shooting 4K Video. You need to look at the data transfer speeds in particular.

1472660414000_1275605.jpg

Card Type microSDXC
Storage Capacity 64 GB
Speed Class 10
UHS Speed Class U3
Bus Interface Speed UHS Class I
Data Transfer
Read Speed 90 MB/s Maximum
Write Speed 60 MB/s Maximum
Write Speed 30 MB/s Minimum

SanDisk 64GB Extreme UHS-1microsdxc Memory Card. Several places such as B&H, Amazon and the like have em for around 30 bucks.

Pat

Ty,

That write speed is right at the bottom of what we need. Definitely questionable for 4k video.

Pat, I had a few of these and gave one a try while shooting 4K with the H and it handled it,but like you say, that minimum speed looks like it could cause problems so I also mentioned this as a minimum. I was just looking at other cards in the Sandisk line and found it odd that the next higher level cards "Extreme Plus" have the maximum write speed up to 90MB but the minimum write speed is still 30MB. Hmmm. What card do you recommend?

"V30 are designed for UHS Bus IF devices

V60 and V90 are designed for both UHS-II and UHS-III Bus IF devices"

Anyone know which of these the CGO3+ would fall under? That would
determine which is the correct speed to use. (Assuming I'm reading that right)

Ty,

I was in error, the "V" speed class I guess is a relatively new rating system. v30 is just fine for 4k. I'm adding a link for SD card class ratings for all to make use of.

Speed Class - SD Association

Pat, thanks for posting that link. V30 cards have performed fine for me so far and I have also used these cards with other devices (Gopros) shooting 4k with good results.

As a new member looking in and really enjoying what everyone chips in, I watched an English guy on YouTube show how to see if your micro card is real or fake. Bottom line was to avoid eBay at all costs. Just ordered my new Sandisk via Amazon UK as my collection really are useless.As I fly on private ground, I today upgraded nervously to 2000 ft up and out. Can only say WOW. Just a dot in the sky, but the horizons looked remarkable. Nearly forgot to check the battery levels as so chuffed with the screen video, but made it back in time. Good job for return to home!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss