Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Why doesn't GUI recognize the firmware of my Typhoon H?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need to bind camera of my TH . I have already installed firmware v.25 and v.28 in my Typhoon H but can't bind its camera and if I use GUI won't recognize its firmware. Does any know how do I fix these problems?

Hi guys,
I need to bind camera of my TH . I have already installed firmware v.25 and v.28 in my Typhoon H but can't bind its camera and if I use GUI won't recognize its firmware. Does any know how do I fix these problems?
Did you follow the Youtube videos on binding the H?

Yes, I did it. This is not my first Typhoon H which I configure it. I believe there is cut wire or damage board in my gimbal. All the procedures to bind it we have done.

Yes, I did it. This is not my first Typhoon H which I configure it. I believe there is cut wire or damage board in my gimbal. All the procedures to bind it we have done.
If you have a phone or notepad that will receive 5.8GHz wifi, then see if it shows up on the available wifi list while it's still mounted on the H with the power on.

Last edited:
Hi Steve Carr,
I am trying to connect its wifi but always select and obtain a network then exit to initial screen on ST16 no wifi is been connected. Is it possible my ST16 has a wifi damage? Or wifi damage is in aircraft's module?

Hi Steve Carr,
I am trying to connect its wifi but always select and obtain a network then exit to initial screen on ST16 no wifi is been connected. Is it possible my ST16 has a wifi damage? Or wifi damage is in aircraft's module?
Yes, it's possible the wifi on the camera or the ST16 is not working. That is why I suggest trying to connect to the camera using a phone or tablet that can use 5GHz wifi. That will help determine which unit is faulty. Is this a new unit under warranty?

Dear Sterve Carr,
Thanks for your return.
These unit aren't under warranty anymore. Do you know the part number on the camera that I have to change? Do you believe if It won't work I have to change the ST16? Or is it possible to repair any wi-fi module on the ST16?

First you need to find out if the camera is transmitting a signal. You need a phone or notepad that can use the 5GHz band. Then install a wifi analyzer app. Turn on just the H with the camera installed. Open the app and look for the camera wifi. The picture below shows several CGO cameras on the phone.

Q500 Camera Wifi.png

The only WiFi you want to connect to is that from the CGO camera. Do not try to connect to a WiFi network other than that, they won't do what you need to do. Next time you try to bind, Go to Model Select and choose Typhoon H, then put the ST-16 in Team mode and go to the System menu. Enter bind mode and hit refresh and wait for a moment to see if both firmware versions show up. If they don't, hit reset and then refresh again. In all probability the camera firmware will show up the first time around. When it does, bind it then go to camera select and choose CGO3 Pro. Repeat the aircraft binding attempt again after that using the Team mode suggestion.

First you need to find out if the camera is transmitting a signal. You need a phone or notepad that can use the 5GHz band. Then install a wifi analyzer app. Turn on just the H with the camera installed. Open the app and look for the camera wifi. The picture below shows several CGO cameras on the phone.

View attachment 7846
I've connected with my phone wi-fi in ST16's Ipad mode normally then I exit to home mode and appear its Wi-fi 5GHz icon and desappear immediately. I believe that camera transmitter wi-fi is damaged. Am I right? If I'm correct do you know which part I have to change?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers