Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Why would anyone NOT want to waterproof?!

Lots of good info there. I shoot a lot over water. I chose to enclose all of the electronics in a waterproof shell. Having the electronics survive is only half the battle. If you crash in water, you need to recover the model which is much easier if it floats.

Lots of good info there. I shoot a lot over water. I chose to enclose all of the electronics in a waterproof shell. Having the electronics survive is only half the battle. If you crash in water, you need to recover the model which is much easier if it floats.
Interesting. What kind of shell? Do you have a link?

So, if I understand correctly, the bird is disassembled, and all the components are then reassembled within the shell? Wish they had one for the H.
The difficulty would be the camera and gimbal. I have seen a few hexcopter shells that were waterproof. The Dex Nuke is beautiful but only takes 8" props. The HexH20 is also available. Both are expensive.
DeX Nuke | DeXModels
HexH2O™ Kit - Waterproof Drones - The HexH2O and QuadH2O professional waterproof drones

Because it has a conformal coating does not mean it's water proof. Bridge two connections with moisture and you get a short anyway. Coatings help but do not assure. Fly in the rain at your own risk, dissemble your system to apply a coating and you void a warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal