Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wizard Question.

As I understand it, the Typhoon has two 'connections' - one for pilot control and one for camera control. In team mode, the pilot control goes to the Wizard, and camera control goes to the ST16.

The pilot control connection includes the GPS information of the controller (whether it's the Wizard or ST16). So whatever does the controlling is also the thing that Follow Me follows. Without knowing in detail how it is designed, it seems unlikely that you'd be able to 'split' the connection (i.e. pilot with the ST16, follow the Wizard). It'd be like having one RC controller to do thrust, and another for altitude.

If the wizard is disconnected, the ST16 could re-bind (and the radio connection for pilot control binds a **** of a lot faster than the wifi for the camera!), but I really, really wouldn't want to try it in the middle of a flight.
I believe you're right, it would be unlikely to be able to 'split' the connection. You would need to have 2 separate receivers for RC control and then you run into issues about which one is the master and which is the slave. I think it could be done, but probably not gonna happen:(

What I'm looking for is a way to have the wizard on a subject with follow/watch me enabled and be able to reposition the aircraft with respect to the subject (either to switch from following from behind to leading in front say, or even more important, avoiding obstacles ;)). Right now that is only possible with the wizard. If you're not the subject and you don't have the wizard in hand, then you don't have control of the aircraft. :eek:
I guess what I'm looking for is a follow/watch them mode :)
WE ALL ARE LOOKING FOR THIS !!!!!!!!

I disagree with that point of view '#22'
If we decide that the wizard must act as a "view target", it just has to deal with the CGO3, while the st16 deals with the H for flying. In fact just the opposite of what is done today (wizard for flight and st16 for camera). So I think it's just a question of programming and not a question of hardware.

I disagree with that point of view '#22'
If we decide that the wizard must act as a "view target", it just has to deal with the CGO3, while the st16 deals with the H for flying. In fact just the opposite of what is done today (wizard for flight and st16 for camera). So I think it's just a question of programming and not a question of hardware.
How would it follow the wizard if it's just connected to the CGO3+ camera? It could certainly 'track' it, (pan and tilt), but without RC control, it wouldn't be able to follow it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval