Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wizard/ST16 question

Reaction score
I am trying to get some clarification around using the wizard or the ST16. Firstly, I have not used the wizard and I don't want to unless I can get some clarification. I have used the search on this forum and haven't found the specific answer to my query. I am not interested (at this stage) in Team Mode.

Here it is: With the ST16 powered off, If I bind the wizard to the H and go flying, finish the flight, land and power both units off, then power up the ST16 and the H, can I then just use the ST16 again as I am now?

Put simply, I want to make sure I can use either the Wizard OR the ST16 for subsequent flights, without having to bind/rebind each time I change between the two control methods.

Hope this makes sense.

From What I remember....yes
I have flown the H with the wizzard, landed, shut everything off, changed batteries, then flown with the St16. and vise versa
Binding is like associating the wizzard or ST with a particular unit, I have two friends that sometimes we all fly our Typhoons at the same time. Each bound to our own Typhoon....

This is a good tutorial on the Wizard.

Generally you need to rebind the H to the ST16 after you finish with the Wizard. I have seen some posts saying the H rebound to the ST16 on it's own after rebooting. I've even seen one post where the pilot turned off the Wizard during flight, turned on the ST16 and he claims the ST16 bound to the H while still flying. He was then able to land using the ST16. I don't have the guts to try this.

Thanks for the responses.
Steve, I've watched that tutorial many times and while it is very informative, it doesn't mention anything about going back to using the ST16 once you have used the Wizard. They mention doing a follow-up tutorial but it hasn't been done yet.

From other responses above, it also seems like there isn't any consistency with how this is supposed to work. Guess I may just have to 'suck it and see'.

Thanks for the responses.
Steve, I've watched that tutorial many times and while it is very informative, it doesn't mention anything about going back to using the ST16 once you have used the Wizard. They mention doing a follow-up tutorial but it hasn't been done yet.

From other responses above, it also seems like there isn't any consistency with how this is supposed to work. Guess I may just have to 'suck it and see'.
The way it is supposed to work is to rebind when switching between the ST16 and the Wizard. Both ways.

Once bound to the Wizard you need to land and disarm your H to connect to the ST16. Go to settings/team and set to single. Within about 30 seconds you should see telemetry come back and the ST16 is in control again. I do this quite often so unless my H different it should work for you.

Reactions: Steve Carr
^^ Thank you. I figured it may have been different if I was not in Team mode but I guess this is assigned automatically once the Wizard binds to the H.

Once bound to the Wizard you can power down the Wizard and H. The H will remain bound to the Wizard on the next boot up as long as it was previously bound. If not bound to the Wizard boot up the ST16 select team mode and when the LED flashes rapidly power up the Wizard while holding down the button for about 5 seconds until the LED goes solid then your are bound to the Wizard.

Without the ST16 you can boot up the H, rock it forward a couple time until the bind flashing occurs then power up the Wizard as before holding the power button down and it should bind to the Wizard.

Call customer care at yuneec let them walk you thru it, i just had a fly away last thursday using the wizzard & after it reached range limit the H should stop & hover when you get the vibration & wait for the next command, which was return home. She left home & we haven't seen her since, & I've searched. Calling today to find out there decision. So i advise you call them for the walk thru & ask all your questions.

If you treasure the safe operation of your flight, place the binding of the controller on your preflight check list. And always use your check list(s).

Just a thought, as I have not flown with the Wizard as of yet, but if you turn on your ST16 and then your H, and you get feedback from the H's status light as well as from the controls sliders feature, it's bound. From test ring the various features of the H, I've found that either you have a connection or you don't; when it comes to the ST16 - as the camera is a separate topic.

Fly safe BUT HAVE FUN!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval