Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wondering breeze

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am a breeze newbie and have learned a lot from this forum. I do have a question though. I was performing a battery life test and let the breeze take off to a 3 foot height. I then just left it there and not touch the controls at all. The breeze then had a tendency to wander to the right with the camera looking at me. First of all why didn’t the GPS hold it in position. I had a lock of 18 satellites. Secondly, is there anyway to trim the breeze to make it stay in its position. At one point it was at least 20 feet from the take off position before I had to bring it back.

Are you experiencing this in an open grassy area, or over pavement, or near buildings, or large trees?

Mine does this in my driveway where there are large trees and possibly some ferrous metal buried in the ground. If I am in an open area, my Breeze is rock steady.

Yes low to the ground you can have a slight wonder, around my house (back yard)90% of the time no wondering 10% (usually in front yard) slight wondering but once higher up over my house and open sky rock steady! Can let go my control and have a sandwich if I wanted, does awesome in the wind as well.. ;)

No it’s in my back yard that is open but it does have a slight downwards slant to the right which I am now thinking the optical sensors are picking up and it just drifts that way trying to maintain that 3 foot height. Possibly?. I also fly from my iPhone SE in airplane mode. Not sure if this has an effect from the location services part. I believe this just turns off the cellular signal. Thoughts ?

The location services are only used in flight during smart follow-me mode.

Try positioning the Breeze so the slope is running away, toward, left and right and see if it still follows the slope while in a low hover. The other thing is to try hovering at 15 to 20 feet up and see if the Breeze stops drifting. Buried pipes, cables, septic, etc. can affect the compass.

Thanks for the info. Next time I get out flying I will try all those things

Just trying to troubleshoot your drift problem. I know mine has to do with all the overhanging trees in my driveway reflecting the GPS signals.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers