Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Breeze 4K Drone Flight In Extreme Wind

Reaction score
Hello everyone..

I hope you enjoy my video flying the Yuneec Breeze 4K on an extremely windy day, i was shocked how well it handled it to be honest.. :eek:

I know these drones do have a mixed reviews but im super impressed with mine, yeah it would be great if it had slightly longer range and could go slightly faster but i still love the breeze4k lol as your most likelt tell from my video..
Have any of you tried flying the breeze in exteme winds as well?

Happy RC-ing All..
ATB, Marc..

Yeah, it's better than you'd think in mid-level wind isn't it, for something so small ? Wouldn't wanna try it in anything more than that though, or it's likely to be over those hills and far away ! :)

Reactions: Marc.RCAddict
Yeah your right lol.. I think 30 mph wind would be its limit, even in these 25 mph winds my other drones would be pushed all over the place.. I've got some cool video footage I'll share later tonight or tomorrow, I really enjoying this drone is a shame the summer is coming to an end..

ATB Marc

Yeah your right lol.. I think 30 mph wind would be its limit, even in these 25 mph winds my other drones would be pushed all over the place.. I've got some cool video footage I'll share later tonight or tomorrow, I really enjoying this drone is a shame the summer is coming to an end..

ATB Marc

Oh don't worry about Summer coming to an end ! It's Autumn after that, where all the coolest colours are ! And in Winter there are misty dawns and sunsets, and if you're lucky, snow, which looks great from above. If you prepare well, keep your power packs warm etc, there is no need to stop flying in any part of the year, except when it's constant rainfall !

Oh don't worry about Summer coming to an end ! It's Autumn after that, where all the coolest colours are ! And in Winter there are misty dawns and sunsets, and if you're lucky, snow, which looks great from above. If you prepare well, keep your power packs warm etc, there is no need to stop flying in any part of the year, except when it's constant rainfall !

Yeah that's very true mate, I'm pretty sure I'll be flying all year round, except the rainy days like you say. It's just I'll not fly as much as I do now as I do more of my other hobbies in the autumn and winter times..

Yeah fingers crossed we get some snow this year I would like to do some videos in the snow that will look awesome.

Happy flying mate..

well, one thing that the ability to cope with high winds tells us is that the speed limitation of the Breeze is really done in software and not due to the hardware. Is that why the called it Breeze and not Storm?

I flew in 12mph or so, and it did not go well. It struggled to descend. I'd hold down on the left stick, see the altitude on the screen "drop" but the drone stayed fixed. At the end it was at -80ft or so before I finally got it down.

I assumed it was from wind, as it seemed to be pitching a bit mid air. Maybe trying to stabilize, and putting too much thrust into it to lower?

Anyone else have this happen?

Wow! That is weird. Sounds like it was caught in an updraft of some sort. The altimeter has always been quite accurate on mine, even in 20 to 25 mph winds.

Wow! That is weird. Sounds like it was caught in an updraft of some sort. The altimeter has always been quite accurate on mine, even in 20 to 25 mph winds.
It was quite weird. I'd hold down, watch the number drop, but the drone just stayed in position. Let off, and the number froze. Drone was stationary. I eventually flew as close as I could and just held down. I also tried to trigger the landing function, which flashed "landing" on screen for a few seconds, and then canceled. Could have just been a software issue, but it did seem a bit windy for what I normally shoot for (10mph and under).

It's maybe the 10th flight I've done with the replacement breeze (after my first took a bath).

Very odd behavior. We’re you flying with GPS turned off by any chance? With or without the controller?

Your moniker is cool, are you a diver by any chance, or was it because your first Breeze took a dip?

Very odd behavior. We’re you flying with GPS turned off by any chance? With or without the controller?

Your moniker is cool, are you a diver by any chance, or was it because your first Breeze took a dip?
GPS, with a solid 10 satellites. With the controller, but I exited the task and tried using without, and then went back to the controller. Given the altitude was changing on screen as I attempted to land the craft, it seemingly was not a controller issue.

Yes I am! Unfortunately where the first went down had 2' or so visibility in 40' of water, and I have no desire to attempt to recover.

Hope you don’t have another descent problem like that, and definitely not another like the first Breeze.

When I was diving many years ago, I volunteered for underwater Search and Rescue so I fully understand blind diving. It is not a pleasant experience and can be very disorienting and the Breeze would only have a few usable parts after submersion.

Yeah, disorienting is the word. I've done some diving at my dock for recovery and a couple feet of silt gets stirred up fast. I'm cave trained, but that's just enough to make me comfortable passing on that.

Plus they replaced it, and it didn't have much sentimental value to me. I just ordered a phantom 4 and am paranoid about sinking that, but 95% of my use will be at or over water. Time for floats or an improved insurance policy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvca441772