Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec getting out of business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I avoid stating DJI because doing so frequently trips n alert function used by certain rabid DJI public relations people that reside in other forums.

I don't have a problem saying DJI. I believe they make a great product. I also believe their quality control sucks which causes a back up in customer service...I've heard the nightmares. That was my principle reason for going with Yuneec. That, and I like and enjoy the 360 rotation, 6 blades, and the modular design.

Ain't that the truth! A $4,000 HD camera today blows away the image of a $20,000 camera in 2001. Technology is advancing at such a pace, every time something new is released, it's obsolete 6 months later. Love it!

Technology is advancing at such a pace, every time something new is released, it's obsolete 6 months later. Love it!

I do not like it at all.
I am stuck with loads of stuff that has cost me a fortune and is quite old fashioned.

Also the progress in hardware tends to bring very complicated software. So you can throw away your computer after a short time because it can't cope.

And as it always has been: removing the last possible grams on the lighter then lightest airplane cost the same as the first 10 kilo.

:D

I think it is fair to say that DJI created a viable consumer drone business. I'm not so sure that yuneec would have gone into this business had DJI not already been there and established this market. They are #1 with 70% market share in North America and keep Yuneec and others on their toes striving to make a better product. Strong competition is a major factor in driving product innovation. It's all good

Last edited:
I think it is fair to say that DJI created a viable consumer drone business. I'm not so sure that yuneec would have gone into this business had DJI not already been there and established this market. They are #1 with 70% market share in North America and keep Yuneec and others on their toes striving to make a better product. Strong competition is a major factor in driving product innovation. It's all good

I'm not sure it's a good idea to encourage the trolls by keeping this thread alive.

However, it's worth pointing out that Yuneec was founded years before DJI, and was formed with wider ambitions than just drones. They built and flew the world's first certified electric aircraft (a two seater plane), and have spent years developing electric motor technology - one of the reasons Yuneec gimbals are such good quality.

I just talked to their tech dept last week and ordered some parts... there are no issues. Full speed ahead !

A few people like to say there are problems when none exist. This phenomena will become more prevalent in the next few weeks,

I think you have it backwards. If Yuneec had not gotten into making multirotors, the competition would still have a 30 day warranty and crap CS. Yuneec changed the game and continues to do so.

Reactions: Ernesto and Emeris3
If APM and Mikrokopter had not created a wide variety of flight modes, way point flight planning with unlimited way points, and autonomous operation, DJI fliers would still be flying Flamewheel 550's.

3DR kicked off the superior customer service feature in late 2014 with Yuneec expanding on it very shortly thereafter. The 3DR Iris and Solo CS shamed DJI while Yuneec held even higher ground in CS from about 2015 to this day.

Last edited:
If APM and Mikrokopter had not created a wide variety of flight modes, way point flight planning with unlimited way points, and autonomous operation, DJI fliers would still be flying Flamewheel 550's.

3DR kicked off the superior customer service feature in late 2014 with Yuneec expanding on it very shortly thereafter. The 3DR Iris and Solo CS shamed DJI while Yuneec held even higher ground in CS from about 2015 to this day.
Right. And where is 3DR Solo today? DJI has the WORST service and enjoys a 70% share worldwide. That's the bottom line.And they have used predatory pricing to create a margin squeeze in an industry already dealing with a growth rate less than projected. Parrot, Autel, 3DR, and others have all pulled back from the consumer market. I just purchased a Typhoon H Real Sense bundle because I believe Yuneec can remain a viable player. I hope I'm right.

Reactions: Ralphy and Emeris3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvca441772