Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec's software for gimbal calibrations

I have not tested yet but some of the functionality is already there. So it could look like when we want to calibrate the AS5600 sensors at the gimbal using I²C interface.
View attachment 29974
I will proceed develop if such a tool is needed by someone.

br HE
Yes. This is exactly what I am thinking. The encoders hold position settings. Can you put together something to read/change these values? I am very busy the next couple of days but plan on tackling some of this over the coming weekend.
Absolute encoders
Store unique position information for each point along the magnetic scale. They generate a unique digital code corresponding to each position and send this to the STM32 on the mainboard. The mainboard compares the readings to its stored settings. If I am able to get into the STM32 and read the memory, we can use this to set encoders correctly. I'd like to have a tool to read the encoder's live movements.

I am also trying to translate the firmware.

Last edited:
Here is the tool. Not fully tested but I think it works. Do not change configuration settings although it is possible.
Yuneec is not using the ZPOS and MPOS register. I think they do it through the OUT Pin. However ZPOS and MPOS register may work if magnet is totally out of calibration range. It is something just to test by try and error.

br HE

Attachments

• AS5600_cali_tool.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: cabinfourus
Here is the tool. Not fully tested but I think it works. Do not change configuration settings although it is possible.
Yuneec is not using the ZPOS and MPOS register. I think they do it through the OUT Pin. However ZPOS and MPOS register may work if magnet is totally out of calibration range. It is something just to test by try and error.

br HE
I will give this a try over the weekend and let you know. Thank you so much.
I am still working on the stm32 readout problem also.

br HE
Does this work with linux or just raspberry pi? Rasbian?

br HE
I have been working on the readout protection all weekend. My st-link is a cheap knock off but I do have the Jeff Probe black magic board I am trying.
I also ordered a newer tool. The ST-Link V3Minie is priced low enough to give it a try. I was looking at the cold boot start-up and wondering if a 'snapshot' could be taken while the memory is going through its boot process. Have you tried this?
Also, I want to try sending 0x7F with even parity and a single stop bit to UART. I can't do this until I get the new board. It should open up and spill its secrets.
This is a HUGE learning curve for me as I am not great at extracting firmware but I have read in other forums that the STM32 chip has been cracked to allow the level of readout protection to be changed. I am not sure how true this is but maybe a few weeks of research will help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold