Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

1st flight Q500 4K

Reaction score
Hi
I've had my Yuneec now for a few weeks and as the weather has been really wet haven't had a chance to fly.

My 1st flight was a bit nervy and I crashed and broke 2 props.

Anyway to the point, on examining my bird I noticed that the battery door comes off the hinge really easy and is a chore to put back on and come adrift next time I open the battery door.

Has anyone experienced this with theirs . Mine is still under warranty but I'm the second owner purchased off original owner.

Secondly I was going through the accessories and discovered 2 filters but one was just a frame with no lens in it, is that normal?

Does the product come with 2 filters and can anyone advise how I get support in Australia.

Cheers
Kappy

I'm the second owner
I think the warranty applies to the original purchaser only. It would only cover defects and not crash damage.
The battery door is a pain to replace. You might be better off using some self adhesive Velcro strips on the body on either side of the door and then put a longer piece of Velcro around the door to hold it in place.

Did you crash while trying to land or did you hit something?

The crash occurred as I was about to take off, very low impact and the only damage was to 2 props.

@Kappy

Those two Filters you mention are useless. The one ring that has nothing in it has never been figured out what it was for. Many discussions. The other one is most likely clear. The only thing I have heard is it might be there like a UV filter mainly to protect the lens. I do not use either.

On a cloudy day I leave all filters off my camera.

For sunny days I have a set of Polar Pro filters and mostly fly with a ND8 and sometimes ND16. Filters are not really necessary so don;t think you have to rush out and buy some.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CG62PQ...d=kwd-290751624939&ref=pd_sl_5fjehrfnxe_b_p20

Opps,
Seems I have a few problems now.

Tried to charge 2nd battery, showing steady red light meaning error, was charged till I used it for 1st flight.

Is there a way to retrieve battery allegedly new never used although 6 months old.

Then today installed fresh battery ready for another flight.

Take off reach about 8 metres high and approx 20 metres from control, been in air for approx 5 minutes and all stops drone falls to earth crash. Error message on remote screen.

Locate drone props broken, battery door off camera broken off from mount.

Now with battery in hard to turn, seems as though housing is twisted.

Looks like a lot of broken Tupperware.

Big ? is it toast, is Yuneec likely to ware responsibility re faulty battery door.

BTW I'm in Australia.

Cheers
Kappy

I don't think Yuneec is going to cover it under warranty but you can try. It sounds like it had been crashed before you got it. The battery has to fully engaged with the door closed. If the door won't close then the battery isn't completely seated.

Sorry to hear of your mishaps... We've all had our own. Don't feel to bad.
I'm with Steve. I don't think you'll get much help from Yuneec on this one.
it sounds like the battery was probably weak (old or not stored correctly) and the box tried to warn you. With a weak battery, the time from warning to shutdown is fairly short. Seconds at most. With a good battery you might get as much as a couple of minutes before shutdown.
Post up some pics if you can and we'll tell you what we think. If you can save the electronics, a new shell is about $75 AU I think.
If you can get the telemetry file from the box and post it up too, we can probably help figure out what happened.

Added: If the battery was pushed to it's limit, it might have swelled inside the battery holder and fair amount of force might be needed to remove it.
A good lipo tester will go a long way in helping to know the condition of your batteries,.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder