Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

2-bounce landing and my camera popped off

Reaction score
I would say it was a bit of a hard landing, but certainly not enough to knock off the camera from the mount. There appears to be no damage, no plastic seems to be broken off. There is a loose black wire hanging out of the corner where the legs retract. But I can't seem to get the camera back on securely.

It had it's maiden voyage yesterday afternoon and was used in a shoot yesterday evening. I've got a great deal of filming to do, any ideas folks?

Also, I was noticing my panning was not acting right, sometimes it would work, sometimes not.

The lose wire , if about 1'inch long may be tour antenna, they have 2 sticking out on the H, can't tell without seeing, Is all the groved tracking on the camera gimbal and H underbody where the camera slides on?

I assumed the black wire was the antenna. And yes all the grooved tracking is still in place, no broken plastic that I can tell.
It's touchy, but it will slide over and make a click once it passes the thumb bar release type lock sticking out

Upon closer examination, it appears one side of the camera attachment plate has broken off. I need a new plate. Is it hard to replace the plate and will I lose my warranty?

See if you can epoxy the part with JB weld first.

I have repaired my Typhoon G many times now.

I broke off one of the rails on the Gimbal mount. Ordered a new one from Carolina Dronz yesterday and backordered one from Vertigo Drones for backup. I'm surprised they made this connection so fragile. I appreciate the breakaway component to save the camera, but this landed on both legs, just took a bounce. Parts coming Monday, so I should be flying soon after. Thanks for all your support folks!

Replaced my gimbal mount, I would suggest all Typhoon H users keep an extra gimbal mount handy for replacement. What happened was my thumb accidentally caused the ST-16 controller to switch to Smart mode without me being aware of it. The rotary control for speed is on the opposite side of the toggle mode switch, so as it was landing I began to approach it. The Typhoon recognized the ST-16 and attempted to move away while 1 inch off the ground, one landing gear hit the ground and snapped off the gimbal mount. I'm going to do a video on this to alert Typhoon H users on making sure they don't accidentally switch modes unknowingly. It's been flying fine since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots