Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

2 x new action 4k 60fps cameras possible mod

Reaction score
Any action camera even slightly larger than a gopro 3 or 4 will not fit into the GB203 Gimbal for GoPro. Even the proper size camera is a very tight fit.

Question on this whats wrong with the hero 4 black ? it films 4k at 30fps

get a hero four black refurbished for about 150ish
4K 30 2K 60

Reactions: IMR
Hi thanks for feed back , I am still in the planing stag , and would like to shoot in 4k 50 or 60p , Yi really good value. also , I am aware that the all the different actions are bigger than the gimbal area , I plan to make a 3d printed plate so you able to insert the camera into the gimbal cage. Also , you able to get fpv out put from a cable Yi sells.

I'm using an sjcam SJ6 Legend on my G.
Had to drill a hole to the side of the gimbal frame to reach the power button on the side of the cam (the frame was also constantly pushing the button.
Still waiting for the AV cable, so I can mod the connection. The SJCAM's have miniusb connectors just like the GoPro 3-4, same location, but different pinout, so you will have to replace the connector or create an extension cable to match the different pins (SJCAM is using pin 4-5, while GoPro's are using 2-3).

I love the front display and the remote of the SJ6, makes starting/stopping videos much easier.

Physically an sjcam SJ7 Star would be a better choice, as it has no buttons on the side. Works with the same remote.

Reactions: chimpax
Thank you for the info , I really want a camera that will record at 4k 50/60FPS , both the SJcam 8pro and YI 4kPlus are about the same price at 280usd , both have av out , so far the Yi4 seems to be the better camera from the footage i have seen also both are bigger than the GoPro frame , but i am sure if i 3dr print a insert it will work, another alternative is to take a another gimbal and mod it it will work. I am happy with my Gopro4 black and gives me great results .

The one thing about the gimbal is has to be balanced or it gives you little pissy fits. Been there done it. The gimbal is designed for a gopro size and weight. You could end up spending a lot of time trying to get rid of jello in you videos.

Reactions: chimpax

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis