Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

25 Ways Drones Improve Efficiency.......

Reaction score

Public utilities have much to gain by drone adoption. In the U.S. alone, there are 600,000 miles of high-voltage transmission lines and 5.5 million miles of distribution lines that need periodic inspection. Manned aircraft for line inspections typically cost between $1,000 and $2,000 per hour, while drones can cost as little as $200 to $300 per hour to do the work while collecting even more data.

Reactions: RPR
Drones have been used for pipeline inspections and wild life surveys in select areas of Alaska since 2013[emoji6]

Shell Martinez refinery and Santa Clara PG&E operators in the area is what I aim in joining. These guys makes the big bucks. I’m surprised that Shell Martinez refinery crew are utilizing the M2 Enterprise.

Pipeline line Alaska as well as Power, was featured in of NATGEO documentary and how they are using drones for efficiency and safety. Man! But flying in harsh conditions, makes me appreciate, California.

The fact they can operate in such harsh conditions should be a head’s up for this side of the drone industry. I’ve flown one of those drones through thunder and dust storms. Our multirotors, of any brand, are performance pitiful in comparison.

The fact they can operate in such harsh conditions should be a head’s up for this side of the drone industry. I’ve flown one of those drones through thunder and dust storms. Our multirotors, of any brand, are performance pitiful in comparison.

I’m trying to look for that episode, because I could not ID the drone that those lineman and pipers used, but NATGEO was using an Alta8.

I bet, it they flew a scratch built(?)

I should say -flew one of the drones that pioneered Alaska pipeline inspections. The multirotors came after that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio