Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

30x Optical zoom camera coming to H520

Would have been great to have the new camera fit all models, the original early purchasers of the Typhoon H feel abandoned with the entire reason for buying Yuneec was for the modular capabilities, camera swap etc... except that didn't materialize... one camera the thermal came out at a cost of more than the drone kit combined. Then nothing, many new models and nothing to support the original early adopter supporters of the company. If we hadn't all bought early on the product nor company would have succeeded.
Can't tell me the new cameras won't work on the original H with almost ZERO development.... sadly now burned I won't be purchasing any more Yuneec equipment. I will continue to use the two typhoon H's and look to other companies for innovation.

Unfortunately, we have that sense of abandonment many more than you think, not to mention what has already been forgotten about Yuneec.

A multitude of broken promises, commercial movements (such as the fact that payloads don't work in other drones of the company) incomprehensible if you want to grow the brand (something more will win right now but in the long run they are sure to be lost), the lack of communication from the company, a technical service with many gaps, and so on. The truth is that I don't know what they think, even in Chinese these things work, but in the West sure they don't :(

Reactions: Dougcjohn
It seems it materialized:

Yunnec E30Z
Yuneec-E30Z_1024x1024.jpg

Impressive. I'm surprised it is so stable at max zoom. I would have expected a lot more vibration.

Wow, it is great.
But Yuneec please fix bugs in DataPilot so h520 becomes really what it is promised to do.
There are far too many threads raising this issue on this forum proving that sth. is wrong.
Pawel

It's always good news to have new payloads, but the firmware is still very green, just observing that in one video it doesn't show the data and in the other it doesn't update it correctly.................. ? (respecting that it is still clearly a beta, I imagine they will solve it although I hope not at the same pace as the rest of the things they have pending.....).

Anyway with a 10X or at most a 15X would have been more than enough, even if the recording is from the screen of the ST16S, a considerable loss of quality is noticed. I don't understand this obsession of all manufacturers to give more and more, when what you give is not of quality, I think that less but of quality is better than much but bad ?

It would be nice to be able to see the recording of the SD to really see the quality of the images, I imagine that soon we will have some sample

The 3000 $ or Euro is about par, it's competing with the Z30 and both in same price bracket.

Nice package, much smaller & lighter than Z30.
Has the Digital zoom been indicated, curious how it compares with 120x digital of Z30.

If it's stable in use, it'll offer a good inspection package in multiple operations.

Reactions: chascoadmin
It's always good news to have new payloads, but the firmware is still very green, just observing that in one video it doesn't show the data and in the other it doesn't update it correctly.................. ? (respecting that it is still clearly a beta, I imagine they will solve it although I hope not at the same pace as the rest of the things they have pending.....).

Anyway with a 10X or at most a 15X would have been more than enough, even if the recording is from the screen of the ST16S, a considerable loss of quality is noticed. I don't understand this obsession of all manufacturers to give more and more, when what you give is not of quality, I think that less but of quality is better than much but bad ?

It would be nice to be able to see the recording of the SD to really see the quality of the images, I imagine that soon we will have some sample
Totally agree! I can't think of one single thing that I am going to inspect with a drone that would require a 30x zoom. Sounds more like surveillance or stalking to me. If I can't get enough detail at 10x then I probably should be inspecting the subject in another manner. My main concern is what will the clarity be and how will the camera deal with exposure. Being at 30x will require allot of ISO to get a sharp image.

Reactions: Pawel_(PL)
Totally agree! I can't think of one single thing that I am going to inspect with a drone that would require a 30x zoom. Sounds more like surveillance or stalking to me. If I can't get enough detail at 10x then I probably should be inspecting the subject in another manner. My main concern is what will the clarity be and how will the camera deal with exposure. Being at 30x will require allot of ISO to get a sharp image.
multiple uses... SAR, Tactical, inspection are some. The Z30 is often used by company teams inspecting towers, power lines, cellular, etc. Some teams have equipped platforms with Z30 & XT2 640.

I doubt the "quality" of the image will be anywhere near cinematic or stills.
If it meets those standards and 30x plus digital... that is an impressive package for 3000.

multiple uses... SAR, Tactical, inspection are some. The Z30 is often used by company teams inspecting towers, power lines, cellular, etc. Some teams have equipped platforms with Z30 & XT2 640.

I doubt the "quality" of the image will be anywhere near cinematic or stills.
If it meets those standards and 30x plus digital... that is an impressive package for 3000.
SAR and Tactical I can see, but when I said inspection I refer to the fact that when I am looking for cracks in ceramics, deformations in roofing or tears in pond liner then correct exposure and lack of noise is almost as important as resolution. Regardless it looks like it has a ton of potential. Time to go make some contacts!

Reactions: Dougcjohn
SAR and Tactical I can see, but when I said inspection I refer to the fact that when I am looking for cracks in ceramics, deformations in roofing or tears in pond liner then correct exposure and lack of noise is almost as important as resolution. Regardless it looks like it has a ton of potential. Time to go make some contacts!
I'd totally agree.. your usage probably wouldn't have a need... and you'd probably be at a much closer range both for improved inspection and the environment / neighborhood.

If it's similar to Z30, the stills are low meg and the video isn't even close to 2K resolution. It is very capable to examine bolts, clamps, insulation condition, close review of mounted electronics and overall platform condition. Follow that up with possible additional 640 thermal review and the zoom meets the requirements.

I'd have to revisit the 30x optical clarity, it's often used with the digital zoom on top. The 120x digital capability isn't practical, but 2-10x on top of 30X optical is commonly used for review.

You bring up some points that I didn't initially think about. If it is decent for the cases that you are thinking then anchor bolts for columns, welding and bolting of metal framing and welded connections to concrete tilt-up panels would all be good candidates because once you get inside a structure it can be very difficult to get the right vantage point to get decent detail.

I've been looking for the sensor specs and haven't found anything anywhere. I'm guessing it's an HD or FHD at best.

Almost every camera I have seen for drones of this type has a very small sensor which affects the final quality a lot. I think that soon, if they have already shown it in a fair we will find out the specifications.

Well spotted Erik! Been waiting for this camera to surface.

e30z (from Камера Yuneec E30Z с 30 кратным оптическим зумом) :
  • Matrix: CMOS, 1 / 2.8 inches
  • Effective Pixels: 2.13 million
  • Lens: 30x optical zoom f1.6 - f4.7
  • Viewing Angle 63.7 ° - 2.3 °
  • Digital Zoom: 6x
  • Photo format: JPEG, JPG + DNG
  • Video Format: MOV, MP4
  • Photo modes: Single shot, Burst: 3/5 frames, interval (2/3/4/7/10/15/20/30 s)
  • Exposure: Automatic, Manual,
  • Exposure Compensation: ± 2.3 (1/3 steps)
  • Exposure metering: weighted average, spot, lock
  • Shutter speed 1 / 30–1 / 6000 s
But it's all suspiciously similar to the Zenmuse Z30 (from DJI site):
  • Sensor CMOS, 1/2.8"
  • Effective Pixels: 2.13 M
  • Lens 30x Optical Zoom F1.6 (Wide) - F4.7 (Tele)
  • FOV 63.7°(Wide) - 2.3°(Tele)
  • Digital Zoom 6x
  • Photo Formats JPEG
  • Video Formats MOV, MP4
  • Still Photography Modes Single shot, Burst shooting: 3/5 frames, Interval (2/3/4/7/10/15/20/30 sec)
  • Exposure Mode Exposure Mode Auto, Manual, Shutter priority, Aperture priority
  • Exposure Compensation ±2.3 (1/3 increments)
  • Metering Mode Centre-weighted metering, Spot metering (Area option 12x8)
  • AE Lock Supported
  • Electronic Shutter Speed 1/30 – 1/6000 s

Actually I'm wondering if the e30z list from the russian site is just cut&paste from the z30. Anyone have more authoritative specs?

Reactions: arruntus
Well spotted Erik! Been waiting for this camera to surface.

e30z (from Камера Yuneec E30Z с 30 кратным оптическим зумом) :
  • Matrix: CMOS, 1 / 2.8 inches
  • Effective Pixels: 2.13 million
  • Lens: 30x optical zoom f1.6 - f4.7
  • Viewing Angle 63.7 ° - 2.3 °
  • Digital Zoom: 6x
  • Photo format: JPEG, JPG + DNG
  • Video Format: MOV, MP4
  • Photo modes: Single shot, Burst: 3/5 frames, interval (2/3/4/7/10/15/20/30 s)
  • Exposure: Automatic, Manual,
  • Exposure Compensation: ± 2.3 (1/3 steps)
  • Exposure metering: weighted average, spot, lock
  • Shutter speed 1 / 30–1 / 6000 s
But it's all suspiciously similar to the Zenmuse Z30 (from DJI site):
  • Sensor CMOS, 1/2.8"
  • Effective Pixels: 2.13 M
  • Lens 30x Optical Zoom F1.6 (Wide) - F4.7 (Tele)
  • FOV 63.7°(Wide) - 2.3°(Tele)
  • Digital Zoom 6x
  • Photo Formats JPEG
  • Video Formats MOV, MP4
  • Still Photography Modes Single shot, Burst shooting: 3/5 frames, Interval (2/3/4/7/10/15/20/30 sec)
  • Exposure Mode Exposure Mode Auto, Manual, Shutter priority, Aperture priority
  • Exposure Compensation ±2.3 (1/3 increments)
  • Metering Mode Centre-weighted metering, Spot metering (Area option 12x8)
  • AE Lock Supported
  • Electronic Shutter Speed 1/30 – 1/6000 s

Actually I'm wondering if the e30z list from the russian site is just cut&paste from the z30. Anyone have more authoritative specs?
Agree, identical.
Would be odd, given the Z30 is 3+ yrs older, 2-3 times physical size and probably 2-3 times the weight.

I was reading both of them and I saw everything the same ?

That's exactly what I meant, the hardware is very poor, we take into account that DJI's camera have been on the market for a long time, it's obsolete. But the rest of the manufacturers have similar specifications, they go for the cheap. There are exceptions, few, where we already have more decent sensors and even 4K resolution. The most important thing is the sensor and the quality of the optics, as always :rolleyes:

1080p video resolution they didn't break the asses.
They could have done a little better, to stand out from its competitor, since it is the same.

Reactions: Pawel_(PL)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430