Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

360 Pano for Samsung Gear VR

Reaction score
I created a spherical panorama using the new 2 level pano feature in the H. Stitched with Microsoft ICE and modified in Photoshop CS5. Edited the camera details properties to show it as a Ricoh Theta S. Now it will display as a 360 interactive pano in Facebook and other programs. Figured out how to install and view it on my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 with Gear VR viewer. With the VR goggles, it is like you are floating in space above the ground. You can turn or tilt your head to see different parts of the image. I really get vertigo when looking straight down.

That sounds pretty cool. Being an owner of a Note 5 but not a VR, I keep seeing around the internet as if others have figured out somehow to be able to use their Samsung VR's on various Galaxy devices as an FPV device IE FPV Goggles connected via HDMI & some sort of HDMI Adapter to their ST16. I haven't been to 100% Verify this, Otherwise if or once I do fully can verify this then I'll be buying a VR Immediately!! Have you heard or seen anything similar to what I'm saying?? Because, as I think about it all, it seems to me that it would be fairly simple to achieve by using your VR as usual except that you get an Adapter that allows you to use an HDMI cable & im not sure if you would or would not need an OTG cable as well. Otherwise if this is not at all possible does anyone know of any FPV goggles out their that just plug into an HDMI cable rather then being completely wireless & for a relatively cheap price IE around $150 or less & NOT including the obvious FPV that YUNEEC manufactures. Thanks Tom C

That sounds pretty cool. Being an owner of a Note 5 but not a VR, I keep seeing around the internet as if others have figured out somehow to be able to use their Samsung VR's on various Galaxy devices as an FPV device IE FPV Goggles connected via HDMI & some sort of HDMI Adapter to their ST16. I haven't been to 100% Verify this, Otherwise if or once I do fully can verify this then I'll be buying a VR Immediately!! Have you heard or seen anything similar to what I'm saying?? Because, as I think about it all, it seems to me that it would be fairly simple to achieve by using your VR as usual except that you get an Adapter that allows you to use an HDMI cable & im not sure if you would or would not need an OTG cable as well. Otherwise if this is not at all possible does anyone know of any FPV goggles out their that just plug into an HDMI cable rather then being completely wireless & for a relatively cheap price IE around $150 or less & NOT including the obvious FPV that YUNEEC manufactures. Thanks Tom C
I have not seen a way to use the Gear VR as FPV goggles using HDMI. Seems like it should be possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin